Page 557 of 865 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Thanks, I have X-Statix, and planning to get my favourite Batman story,Dark Knight, Dark City. Never heard about Skreemer. Are Shade and Enigma collected in some tpb/hc?
    Skreemer's the first American comic Milligan did and one of his rawer works. I usually compare it a bit to V for Vendetta, both in content as in the work when looked at as a certain point in the writer's career. It's about an era where the city (world?) Is ruled by one big crime boss (the Skreemer) and it follows his rise to power, his possible downfall and the life of a normal man who suffers a lot in this rotten world. It's a raw masterwork, although it's pretty polarizing among the general comic book audience. I really, really love it though and see it as one of the best mini-stpries ever made. I really recommend giving it a try. Shade's almost entirely collected but the tpb line was cancelled 15-ish issues before the end (dick move from Dc). Enigma has a readily available tpb but sadly no hc. Milligan is severely underrepresented in the hc area, we really need more of him.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Skreemer's the first American comic Milligan did and one of his rawer works. I usually compare it a bit to V for Vendetta, both in content as in the work when looked at as a certain point in the writer's career. It's about an era where the city (world?) Is ruled by one big crime boss (the Skreemer) and it follows his rise to power, his possible downfall and the life of a normal man who suffers a lot in this rotten world. It's a raw masterwork, although it's pretty polarizing among the general comic book audience. I really, really love it though and see it as one of the best mini-stpries ever made. I really recommend giving it a try. Shade's almost entirely collected but the tpb line was cancelled 15-ish issues before the end (dick move from Dc). Enigma has a readily available tpb but sadly no hc. Milligan is severely underrepresented in the hc area, we really need more of him.
    Great, thanks a lot. They're signing new Bad Company book next month at Gosh and I'd like to buy some other books. You've pretty much sold me on everything but we have very similar taste anyway.

I've managed to get first Bad Company book yesterday for 22 quid, waiting for delivery now. Just check prizes on Amazon, I dare you. I don't know what people'd expect, nobody's paying 200 quid for one tpb.

And Kieron Gillen is signing next Sarurday with some other authors from Image who names I don't recognise, so my WicDev would be even more limited. Still available from FP btw.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 04-30-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

My April's haul:

Including ultrarare signed/numbered Groo Chronicles hardcover by Graphitti designs

And very rare scripts From Hell book signed/numbered my Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell

+ Dagon by Ben Templesmith limited/numbered copy from Kikcstarter

Some excellent choices there, Roland. And damn, that Crepax book is a monster.

nice catch with that edition of the From Hell scripts!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Great, thanks a lot. They're signing new Bad Company book next month at Gosh and I'd like to buy some other books. You've pretty much sold me on everything but we have very similar taste anyway.

I've managed to get first Bad Company book yesterday for 22 quid, waiting for delivery now. Just check prizes on Amazon, I dare you. I don't know what people'd expect, nobody's paying 200 quid for one tpb.

And Kieron Gillen is signing next Sarurday with some other authors from Image who names I don't recognise, so my WicDev would be even more limited. Still available from FP btw.
    You're welcome! Let me know what you think of Bad company, I thought the early bits were very rough but it picked up imo later on. I really want to be at that signing though haha, Milligan's definitely one of my favorite writers.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

BANNED

What's that Dagon comic?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Some excellent choices there, Roland. And damn, that Crepax book is a monster.
    Thank you! Yes, Fantagraphics is my favorite publisher in speak of quality and choice of licenses. Great book and the best format for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    nice catch with that edition of the From Hell scripts!
    You know, seller on eBay listed this book as "from hell signed HC" with no any mention of the Borderland Press. So I paid for it $135 only.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    What's that Dagon comic?
    That's some early Lovecraft story about Cthulu adapted by Ben Templesmith. This Kickstarter campaign was really successful with $144,158 pledged by almost 2000 backers.

Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

what book is that with wonderwoman on the spine? the one next to your absolute final crisis and is it any good?http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps1id5w0gu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post
    what book is that with wonderwoman on the spine? the one next to your absolute final crisis and is it any good?http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ps1id5w0gu.jpg
    Absolute DC: The New Frontier.
    And its amazeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor God Of Thunder View Post
    New frontier, yeah. Love it! There is a deluxe too and I think a new ed. paperback is coming out soon or came out already.

So I'm wondering if any of you fine folks can recommend me some all ages comics for my 7 and 4 year old daughters? We read the Oz and Muppets omnis and they loved both, I'm just not entirely sure where to go next. I know there are my little pony comics that they would enjoy but I'm not sure that I would enjoy them nearly as much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    So I'm wondering if any of you fine folks can recommend me some all ages comics for my 7 and 4 year old daughters? We read the Oz and Muppets omnis and they loved both, I'm just not entirely sure where to go next. I know there are my little pony comics that they would enjoy but I'm not sure that I would enjoy them nearly as much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Bone seems to be the obvious one.
    Adventure time maybe? Lumberjanes? Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge?