Page 808 of 865 FirstFirst ... 308708758798804805806807808809810811812818858 ... LastLast
Results 12,106 to 12,120 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

If I wanna read Y the Last Man should I get the Absolutes or the Deluxe HCs?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    If I wanna read Y the Last Man should I get the Absolutes or the Deluxe HCs?
    I’d go with the deluxes, for me the absolutes are about the art and the art on Y just isn’t that good

Latest:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I’d go with the deluxes, for me the absolutes are about the art and the art on Y just isn’t that good
    This is exactly what I did. Also grabbed teh Ex Machina OHCs on the cheap once the omnibus was announced.

I have the deluxes and they're very nice - get those
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Incredible Member

I have the Absolutes for Y the Last Man and I am glad I have them but I don't think they are necessary.

Anyone here have or able to comment on the Boys limited edition hardcovers? I have the definitive (slip case) editions. These limited eds appear to collect about six issues each. I was wondering about the build and whether they are standard or oversized.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Anyone here have or able to comment on the Boys limited edition hardcovers? I have the definitive (slip case) editions. These limited eds appear to collect about six issues each. I was wondering about the build and whether they are standard or oversized.
    The limiteds are normal sized I believe. And #1 is OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    The limiteds are normal sized I believe. And #1 is OOP.
    OK, thanks. I noticed it was out of print but there are some on ebay that aren't too expensive. There also seem to be two versions - one signed and one not - although I think they were the same price when released.

I love this series. I have the definitive editions and actually had to replace my final volume because it came apart. I was just curious about these copies. I only recently say them although I think they've been out for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    OK, thanks. I noticed it was out of print but there are some on ebay that aren't too expensive. There also seem to be two versions - one signed and one not - although I think they were the same price when released.

I love this series. I have the definitive editions and actually had to replace my final volume because it came apart. I was just curious about these copies. I only recently say them although I think they've been out for a good while.
    I think they have a stockpile of these and that's why they re-released them as a signed copy. I don't know if they are already released or coming. But if you look them up on Amazon you'll see it's only #2-6.
    Last edited by JPAR; 07-26-2018 at 04:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

Which versions of the Ninja Turtle hardcovers do I get, the ultimate collections or the ongoing collections? Is this all the same run?

Which versions of the Ninja Turtle hardcovers do I get, the ultimate collections or the ongoing collections? Is this all the same run?
    The Ultimate collections is the original series. It's in black and white. The IDW collection is the new series, in color. You can also get the original series in color, recolored, as the 'works'.

Get both! FYI - the ultimate collections only collect issues from the original series that Eastman and Laird consider canon, which is pretty much only the issues that they worked on.

Also, I'm not sure that the current IDW is collecting all mini series? I might be wrong, but when I checked a while ago, the TMNT/Batman crossover was not included in the volume that it would have been if were it included.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I believe that the TMNT/Batman mini being omitted must be due to the publishing rights for Batman. The ongoing IDW collections have been collecting the ongoing series as well as the minis. They even had the TMNT/Ghostbusters mini included.