Page 584 of 865 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 12974
    Amazing Member

For Morning Glories Deluxe Edition Vol 1, which page has the missing speech bubble? Just bought one for $15, but now I think its the defective version.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipsa View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the rest of Aaron's run (I actually believe he may still be on the book)? Mainly curious about the Lady Thor stuff that has been solicited as an OHC.

My opinion is don't buy this OHC because the way Marvel is doing things these days there's a 100% chance this material gets collected in an omnibus next fall. Unless, of course, you prefer OHC to omnibus, then buy away!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I loved that initial run of Powers probably more so than GC, which I also think is great
    I've pulled the trigger! weak, so weak...

Meanwhile, since I'm on holiday I can read some of my backlog:
    1) Twilight Children: was ok, nothing amazing, nothing too bad - very Hernandez-like, for those of you who've tried Love And Rockets.
    2) We Stand On Guard: Really liked it! The plot, characters, art, everything works so well.

Now reading Patience, which I'm enjoying to!

Hope all of you have some time off to go through you respective backlogs, as well.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    For Morning Glories Deluxe Edition Vol 1, which page has the missing speech bubble? Just bought one for $15, but now I think its the defective version.
    http://supajoe.deviantart.com/journa...rror-271740752

anyway, i think that recalled printing would probably go for more that $15
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 07-25-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    I've pulled the trigger! weak, so weak...

Meanwhile, since I'm on holiday I can read some of my backlog:
    1) Twilight Children: was ok, nothing amazing, nothing too bad - very Hernandez-like, for those of you who've tried Love And Rockets.
    2) We Stand On Guard: Really liked it! The plot, characters, art, everything works so well.

Now reading Patience, which I'm enjoying to!

Hope all of you have some time off to go through you respective backlogs, as well.
    I just finished We Stand On Guard and I really enjoyed it too. Fast paced (perhaps too much so?) and great art. Very good read, kinda felt like a cool movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I do. I was ticked when they replaced the Odinson with a new Thor, but I tried it anyway and I really like it. It's good stuff. I would recommend it.
    I read the series up until it was hijacked by the Secret Wars event (the first 8 issues, if I recall correctly) and really enjoyed it. I was also a bit disappointed with the Odinson being replaced; but was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the story. I haven't picked the series back up after the Secret Wars; so I can't speak for anything beyond that.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    I read the series up until it was hijacked by the Secret Wars event (the first 8 issues, if I recall correctly) and really enjoyed it. I was also a bit disappointed with the Odinson being replaced; but was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the story. I haven't picked the series back up after the Secret Wars; so I can't speak for anything beyond that.
    It's been really good except for the Odinson fill-in issues. Man, that art is horrible.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Haul for July. Not much, but I don't care, I have even something from Marvel, if I didn't like it, I'd trade. EC and Kabuki are from trade with Balakin for one of the worst books I've read Annihilation Conquest, but at least it has some good art. It was terrible, don't remember a thing.

Got the Gullivera book too... And quite a few other ones as well over the past couple of weeks:

Books I picked up the last few weeks...

Does that Gulliverana book have any extra material? I already have it in the Dark Horse Manara collections and a Dutch edition, but both are in B/W so I'm thinking about picking up this edition as well.

Sweet, the Joe Gollum HC is out!

Incredible Member

Decided to upgrade L+K.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Decided to upgrade L+K.
    I've been debating it. I read it all in one fell swoop about a year and a half ago, and I thought it was stunning. That said, the existing HCs are a nice build quality and wonderfully portable, so I've resisted going to the larger size so far. Any notable extras?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I've been debating it. I read it all in one fell swoop about a year and a half ago, and I thought it was stunning. That said, the existing HCs are a nice build quality and wonderfully portable, so I've resisted going to the larger size so far. Any notable extras?
    Nah. I just prefer the deluxe size over standard trim. That's the main reason I bought it. I like the art in that size. I also like the feel of the book. I know it's silly, but I like the weight and the raised texture on the cover. Personally, I never cared for extras. It's like the extras on a blu ray. I'll go through them once, but never return to them. Deluxe is just my prefered format. I've been debating this since the deluxe was announced. After watching Stranger Things on Netflix (amazing show), I really had the urge to revisit this. I had forgotten just how amazing this series is. If you're happy with the standard size, there's probably no point in upgrading.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Decided to upgrade L+K.

I've heard about Locke and Key before, but never looked too closely at it. I may have to determine if it is something I may like because those hardcovers are beautiful. I've also been considering getting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles hardcovers from IDW or the Morning Glories hardcovers from Image. So many tough choices!!