Page 669 of 865 FirstFirst ... 169569619659665666667668669670671672673679719769 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,035 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

I was thinking of getting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Collections (the ones that collect the Eastman/Laird Stuff) but I'm put off by all the issue skips - especially the huuuge 26 or so issue jump between V3-4. Is it really noticeable? I think I read somewhere that anything not written by them is counted out of continuity and they mostly ignored anything written by anyone else but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance

Darkseid war and Grayson omnibuses? Sign me up!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Darkseid war and Grayson omnibuses? Sign me up!
    I don't know how they can make a Darkseid War Omnibus unless they add some more issues from previous stories like from the Justice League of America v1 #183-185 and/or The Great Darkness Saga.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    I was thinking of getting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Complete Collections (the ones that collect the Eastman/Laird Stuff) but I'm put off by all the issue skips - especially the huuuge 26 or so issue jump between V3-4. Is it really noticeable? I think I read somewhere that anything not written by them is counted out of continuity and they mostly ignored anything written by anyone else but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance
    http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2013/...-volume-1.html

That link gives you a great run down of those "missing" issues, none of them are done by Eastman/Laird, almost none of them are in continuity, and probably even less of them were any good. Pick up those IDW collections, they are great quality books and while on the surface its jarring to be missing so many issues in retrospect it makes complete sense, the series actually reads a lot better without them. If you desperatly want to read them I believe most of them are reprinted in the "tales of the tmnt" paperbacks (or one of the other paperback lines) there is one or two still not reprinted due to the use of the weird cotracts/guest creators own IP which made reprint rights impossible to sort out.

The Max is a series I never checked out. What can anyone tell me about it. Good, bad, indifferent?

Also, IDW apparently has published a 7 volume set. Here is volume 1: http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/ma...vol-01-hc.html

Are these oversized? I assume they're probably built well if they're IDW.

Thanks in advance.

Spectacular Member

Amazon lists the dimensions as 7.2 x 0.5 x 11.1 inches which would be oversized.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    The Max is a series I never checked out. What can anyone tell me about it. Good, bad, indifferent?

Also, IDW apparently has published a 7 volume set. Here is volume 1: http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/ma...vol-01-hc.html

Are these oversized? I assume they're probably built well if they're IDW.

Thanks in advance.
    They are indeed oversize. I gave Balakin a rundown and a bit of a review in the 1000 in 2017 thread. It's a page or two back from the current page in that thread. They were a bit mousetrap due to being thin, but opened up nicely when they got a bit broke in.image.jpg Notice on Vol 7 though how EVERY publisher has to f$&@ up the spine uniformity.
    Last edited by Brewman; 03-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

anyone has any thoughts on this book? Violent and gritty western, I like those but I've never ever hear about this before.
    http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/a-wil...the-red-range/

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    anyone has any thoughts on this book? Violent and gritty western, I like those but I've never ever hear about this before.
    http://www.firstcomicsnews.com/a-wil...the-red-range/
    On my list but haven't read it. But I'm a fan of Glanzman's war books (looking forward to finally getting the USS Stevens HC next month) and Western. So what could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fillmont View Post
    Amazon lists the dimensions as 7.2 x 0.5 x 11.1 inches which would be oversized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    They are indeed oversize. I gave Balakin a rundown and a bit of a review in the 1000 in 2017 thread. It's a page or two back from the current page in that thread. They were a bit mousetrap due to being thin, but opened up nicely when they got a bit broke in.image.jpg Notice on Vol 7 though how EVERY publisher has to f$&@ up the spine uniformity.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out your review.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    On my list but haven't read it. But I'm a fan of Glanzman's war books (looking forward to finally getting the USS Stevens HC next month) and Western. So what could possibly go wrong?
    yeah, my thoughts exactly. Although haven't read anything from Glanzman but based on some googling his war stuff doesn't look like my cuppa.

For those who missed the good news:

Hellboy in Hell: Library Edition - 4 October 2017
    Hellboy and the B.P.R.D 1954 TPB - 23 January 2018
    B.P.R.D.: Hell on Earth V1 - 9 January 2018

Source - http://www.craveonline.com/entertain...ibrary-edition

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brameosaurusrex View Post
    For those who missed the good news:

Hellboy in Hell: Library Edition - 4 October 2017
    YES!! Woohoo!!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

https://twitter.com/getcampbell/stat...10056406351873

Copy of the BPRD cover. Let's hope they reprint Plague of Frogs.
    it's all in the reflexes

Quote Originally Posted by ThePorkChopEx View Post
    https://twitter.com/getcampbell/stat...10056406351873

Copy of the BPRD cover. Let's hope they reprint Plague of Frogs.
    They've said severall times they won't reprint plague of frogs.