Page 504 of 865 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I believe Anna Mercury and Absolution had second volumes.
    looks like a trade of vol 2 of Absolution was released (can't find any mention of a HC) and 3 issues of a vol 2 of Anna Mercury have been released but no collection. Neonomicon from Moore by Avatar is also a quite disturbing read, i found a lot of Avatar stuff very good, it was as if they enticed these big name writers by telling them they could write and show exactly want they want with no censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I have (marked as) vols 1 of Anna Mercury, Absolution, Doctor Sleepless and Ignition City, did any of these get volume 2s?
    I have the first trade of Doktor Sleepless as well. Even though it seems that there have been enough issues for a second volume, 9-16, one was never made. I've been checking periodically over the years because Ellis is what got me into comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I have (marked as) vols 1 of Anna Mercury, Absolution, Doctor Sleepless and Ignition City, did any of these get volume 2s?
    With most of those, they're considered limited series and then sometimes those limited series get sequel limited series.

Anna Mercury - Ellis wrote 3 issues of Anna Mercury 2 limited series then... stopped. So no second trade.

Absolution - This did get a second trade. Absolution: Rubicon featuring the 5 issues from the second limited series and the Happy Kitty Special issue.

Doktor Sleepless - As opposed to the limited series trend, this was supposed to be a monthly. One trade collected #1-8, and then Ellis gave up on the book after issue 13, so no second trade. #14-16 were solicited but never published because Ellis' hard drive crashed and he didn't back up his scripts or whatever.

Ignition City - Seems to just be a 5 issue limited series. It probably gets the "Vol 1" labeling on the off-chance Ellis wants to do a second volume. That way they don't have to change the trade dress or titles for the first volume in the future.

All this info and more available at your fingertips via Google and Wikipedia.
    Last edited by kodave; 01-31-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I noticed that Amazon has Lazarus: The Second Collection available for pre-order, but CGN doesn't.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post

All this info and more available at your fingertips via Google and Wikipedia.
    But why bother doing that when I can get someone else to look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I noticed that Amazon has Lazarus: The Second Collection available for pre-order, but CGN doesn't.
    I've been holding off on buying the first hardcover because I noticed there were two different spine designs and I didn't want to get stuck with the one that isn't used for the second hardcover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I've been holding off on buying the first hardcover because I noticed there were two different spine designs and I didn't want to get stuck with the one that isn't used for the second hardcover.
    Where have you seen two different spine designs?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Sure man. Think I'm gonna read it in 2017 with all my backlog.
    Ha! No probs, whenver you do it would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Y'all should be reading Alan Moores Providence from Avatar.
    Unsettling stuff.
    Yeah that is a very good book, really enjoying it.

As for God is Dead, it isn't great but it isn't as bad as people say. I bought the first 2-3 trades and will probably buy the next few too. Just top see how it all ends up.

Spectacular Member

I come to you all today with a treat: a look at Kev O'Neill's Gallery Edition for The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Volume 1.

Here's the cover, contents pages and statement regarding this printing of the original artwork:

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

Spectacular Member

Next up, a couple of pages:

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

Spectacular Member

This is pretty cool. This next cover is one which O'Neill painted, which means that they had to use a vellum overlay to separate the colours used for the logo. The photo's blurry but you might just be able to read his instructions to the colourist, which instruct whoever that may be to use bands of orange and white in the area's around the title that he's marked out in pencil, which you can see on the finished cover here. Really neat.

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Spectacular Member

Finally, a close-up of a panel I really liked, a shot of some of the art unfortunately being lost to the gutter despite the really great binding and a page from Alan and the Sundered Veil, O'Neill's art accompanying Alan's text in the finished comic. The section previous to that, the Kevin O'Neill Gallery, was covers and unique art made for the Absolute Edition and other collections if you were wondering, which I think means that every piece of original art made for Volume 1 of this series is indeed collected in its entirety in this book. So here's hoping we'll see a Volume 2 and the rest after that! And maybe, following their Zenith Phase One Apex Edition, the good folk at 2000AD could collect O'Neill's glorious Nemesis the Warlock artwork if it isn't in the hands of fans, as most 2000AD artwork is.

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

I...MUST...RESIST....
    Love LoEG and O'neill's work on it, I'm drooling right now.

That looks really awesome Endsville. Thanks for posting those. I was just trying to find some pics last night. Really tempted to get this book.