Page 29 of 865 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Im glad I've been getting the single issues for Batman. I've seen some examples of how Snyder changes dialogue for the trade and I did not like it.
    Really? I didn't know he did that. (I don't collect singles, only HC collections, so I've no base for comparison.) If that's the case... why?

Im glad I've been getting the single issues for Batman. I've seen some examples of how Snyder changes dialogue for the trade and I did not like it.
    Really? How so? That seems weird.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Really? How so? That seems weird.
    http://m.imgur.com/a/2NLIJ

Went and found the comparisons between the issues and the trade. It is pretty spoiler heavy but you can see there are some pretty significant changes.

Went and found the comparisons between the issues and the trade. It is pretty spoiler heavy but you can see there are some pretty significant changes.
    Skipped the Zero Year ones since I haven't read that yet, but that's interesting. I wonder Snyder did the changes or DC did them/mandated them be done. That's weird that they changed alot of the Joker dialogue, maybe they were afraid it would weird out the homophobes, but they didn't change all of it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Interesting. Huh. Well, since I don't buy singles, I guess it won't affect me much. But that is strange. I guess I'll chalk it up to a writer never being completely satisfied with his work. Thanks for this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hey guys, I used cheapgraphicnovels.com on Monday to order some Marvel OHC's. I used the "UPS Media Mail" option and I haven't gotten any emails about the order since I ordered it. Do they always take this long with their orders or should I call customer service about it?
    Went on the website to look at prices and saw the Stray Bullets Uber Alles at 35$, even with the 14$ ups box to Europe, it's pretty cheap. So any feedback on your situation would be greatly appreciated! Hope everything is falling into place for you order though!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Went on the website to look at prices and saw the Stray Bullets Uber Alles at 35$, even with the 14$ ups box to Europe, it's pretty cheap. So any feedback on your situation would be greatly appreciated! Hope everything is falling into place for you order though!
    Scratch that, tried to put in an order and its actually 64$ to Europe, I misunderstood their FAQ...
    (sorry for the double post, I don't have edit rights yet)

Out of curiosity, shouldn't this thread be renamed to "Independent Collections"? I was under the impression it was supposed to cover Dark Horse, Image and smaller publishers, but now Dark Horse has it's own thread and someone should probably make an Image thread as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    That had to be intentional. They're probably hoping some people will confuse it for a Hickman book and give it a try.
    Quoting myself, woo! Turns out it was absolutely intentional. From the description of the Bad Karma hardcover on their own site;

"The cover was designed by Jonathan Hickman."

So...they're not as crafty as I thought. Instead of copying, they just got the real thing

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Out of curiosity, shouldn't this thread be renamed to "Independent Collections"? I was under the impression it was supposed to cover Dark Horse, Image and smaller publishers, but now Dark Horse has it's own thread and someone should probably make an Image thread as well.
    Personally, I dont like the idea of fragmenting things too much. I would prefer this thread just be primarily focused on non-big two publishers. I like just having to read one thread to be able to see all the good books coming out and get ideas for new things to read. Besides, when you take into account a lot of independent stuff gets republished by Image and a lot of European and other foreign work gets republished by Dark Horse it makes sense to me to not exclude them from the mix here.

Personally, I dont like the idea of fragmenting things too much. I would prefer this thread just be primarily focused on non-big two publishers. I like just having to read one thread to be able to see all the good books coming out and get ideas for new things to read. Besides, when you take into account a lot of independent stuff gets republished by Image and a lot of European and other foreign work gets republished by Dark Horse it makes sense to me to not exclude them from the mix here.
    Fair enough, but it doesn't change the fact that a Dark Horse thread already exists. So the fragmentation has already started. There needs to be a bit of communication and a decision made on how many threads to have going forward. As is, it'll just cause more confusion. I still think the thread title should be changed. Some people will think it's just a general thread for posting all their hardcovers in instead of posting them in the proper areas. Just my two cents. I also understand the OP's are putting there time and effort into it so I'm not criticizing them in anyway.

Incredible Member

I'm too lazy to visit multiple threads regularly. So I like this one the way it is. Sure I've posted recently more on the big 2 books lately. But my tastes run the entire spectrum. I'm getting more into European books, I buy Kickstarter books, etc. it goes in waves for me. So while I might buy more big 2 books lately, last couple months it was a lot of humanoids books, and I'm sure it will come around again. So I like this thread being a catch-all. If people want to go to a Dark Horse thread, it's all good. I'm just too lazy to double post often. Haha.
    Last edited by pud333; 05-08-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Fantastic Member

Got several things in lately that I'm psyched about. A Complete Lowlife by Ed Brubaker isn't hardcover or oversized obviously, but it is really good so I left it in. It seems a lot like Stray Bullets except inspired by Brubaker's real life. It's crazy and I didnt know he could draw so well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Ufff, managed to get through all 29 pages

A BIG thanks to Martin for setting this Thread up again and reposting all those pics and also to Kalittarix for the listings.

Nice collections Zevious, James and NZ_InFerno.

Fantastic Member

Here's some pics of The Frank Book. This deserves to be displayed without the dustjacket. It lays flat very easily.

Last edited by johnsme; 05-08-2014 at 08:18 AM.