Page 726 of 865 FirstFirst ... 226626676716722723724725726727728729730736776826 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,890 of 12974

Ah ok - maybe I should have prefaced my contribution with the warning 'I have no idea what Eurocomics is and am probably talking out of my arse'
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Ah ok - maybe I should have prefaced my contribution with the warning 'I have no idea what Eurocomics is and am probably talking out of my arse'
    you were still right about TF and TMNT being awesome

Damn right!

So, I just finished reading Brian Wood's 'Local'. Holy crap. It is genuinely the most emotional read that I've had, and very relatable - it actually means something to me. I just love everything about this book. It is even a beautiful hardcover. The best part? It is the best £7 (including P&P) that I have ever spent!
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Damn right!

So, I just finished reading Brian Wood's 'Local'. Holy crap. It is genuinely the most emotional read that I've had, and very relatable - it actually means something to me. I just love everything about this book. It is even a beautiful hardcover. The best part? It is the best £7 (including P&P) that I have ever spent!
    I have that book for over a year now cause I got it for cheap too but haven't read it yet. I'm kinda lukewarm on Wood and heard he is not the nicest guy (or had something to do with sexist comments? I might be wrong I just remember reading something about him on a couple of websites but he might have been cleared since then) so it was quite low on my reading list. You just bumped it up a couple of places.

Spectacular Member

Damn right!

Agreed, I loved that book

Fantastic Member

Damn right!

yes! Local is one of my favorite books ever and one of my first comic book purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Figured id post my LSCC haul too:

Attachment 53870Attachment 53871

Attachment 53872
    Between these and your other posts, you've got an amazing collection of Judge Dredd related commissions going on. I think that's such a clever idea for a theme and I wanted to ask if you have any more on display online that I can see? Also, is it ok to ask what these cost or is that bad form (feel free to PM me instead). Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    And more, I don't want to spam website with all pics of signatures, it would have been too many, so just couple more.

Niko's free hand sketch.

I for one really appreciate the info you shared about meeting different creators, and showing us the sketches you got -- very informative! Looks like you had a good time. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    I for one really appreciate the info you shared about meeting different creators, and showing us the sketches you got -- very informative! Looks like you had a good time. Thanks
    Thanks!

Yes and no. Yes because I've met so many great people and got lots of books signed. No because I literally carried with me 50 kgs in books. I'm serious, around 20 in backpack and 30 in travel bag.It wasn't fun at all. When I've left house and after few minutes one wheel from bag broke but I didn't give up. Biggest challenge were stairs, I've been sweating like a piggy. Been drinking night before so had hangover. Still, it was worth it after all.

Guys, would you help me with Brian Talbot question, please? I know you have those Sandman Absolutes....

Thanks!

Yes and no. Yes because I've met so many great people and got lots of books signed. No because I literally carried with me 50 kgs in books. I'm serious, around 20 in backpack and 30 in travel bag.It wasn't fun at all. When I've left house and after few minutes one wheel from bag broke but I didn't give up. Biggest challenge were stairs, I've been sweating like a piggy. Been drinking night before so had hangover. Still, it was worth it after all.

Guys, would you help me with Brian Talbot question, please? I know you have those Sandman Absolutes....
    Talbot is in Absolute volumes 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Between these and your other posts, you've got an amazing collection of Judge Dredd related commissions going on. I think that's such a clever idea for a theme and I wanted to ask if you have any more on display online that I can see? Also, is it ok to ask what these cost or is that bad form (feel free to PM me instead). Thanks for posting!
    Thanks, man! Most of my collection is uploaded to my gallery on Comicartfans if you wanna check it out.
    Im fine with disclosing prices (providing I can remember what I paid...), though I'd prefer to restrict it to PMs, both for my own privacy and just so as not to clog up the thread with finance-talk ;P
    But yeah, lemme know if there was anything specific.

August's haul. Think that's all, hard to keep track when one buys so many books.

Nice pickups, as usual!

Can i ask where you got the Manara HC? I was searching for a copy a while back but have pretty much resigned myself to the TPBs at this point. :P

Also, did ya get a sketch in the Spawn Vault Ed?

What is that Judge Child hardcover? Is that a UK book? Does it collect just the first epic or both stories?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by briar View Post
    I don't own the trade.
    Man I don't understand why they're only Premiere hardcover sized and not Oversized. Doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Nice pickups, as usual!

Can i ask where you got the Manara HC? I was searching for a copy a while back but have pretty much resigned myself to the TPBs at this point. :P

Also, did ya get a sketch in the Spawn Vault Ed?
    Yeah, Manara is a tricky one, Borgias and some first volumes go for crazy money now, don't think they will get reprint. Just lot of research.

No, nothing extra in my Spawn book.