Page 362 of 865 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    What's the deal with that East of West Year One HC on Amazon? It says it collects the first year, but it's 500 pages. Is it going to have more supplements than actual story, or is the year it refers to in-story time?
    It collects 16 or 17 issues IIRC. So either a wrong Amazon page count or a lot of extra's (I believe the issues are 25+ pages each so that gives us about 75/50 pages of extra's). It's not impossible, just look at the Invincible OHC's.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    What's the deal with that East of West Year One HC on Amazon? It says it collects the first year, but it's 500 pages. Is it going to have more supplements than actual story, or is the year it refers to in-story time?
    "The first fifteen issues of the New York Times bestselling and Eisner Award-nominated series will be collected into an oversized prestige hardcover. The First Year of The Apocalypse and will contain over 50 pages of bonus material, the full script for issue #1, and never-before-seen concept art."
    from Image's website:
    https://imagecomics.com/content/view...dcover-edition

btw: does anybody ever read the scripts? I did it once because I wasn't sure what the hell is happening on the last page but otherwise don't really care.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    "The first fifteen issues of the New York Times bestselling and Eisner Award-nominated series will be collected into an oversized prestige hardcover. The First Year of The Apocalypse and will contain over 50 pages of bonus material, the full script for issue #1, and never-before-seen concept art."
    from Image's website:

btw: does anybody ever read the scripts? I did it once because I wasn't sure what the hell is happening on the last page but otherwise don't really care.
    I read the scripts at times just to see how the writer described the scene for the artist. You can kinda compare and contrast what the artist did with what the writer gave them. Pretty interesting if you take the time to compare

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It collects 16 or 17 issues IIRC. So either a wrong Amazon page count or a lot of extra's (I believe the issues are 25+ pages each so that gives us about 75/50 pages of extra's). It's not impossible, just look at the Invincible OHC's.
    from Image's website:

Thanks. Didn't occcur to me the issues might be longer than usual.

And I usually ignore all all written supplemental material.

Never ever

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Are the Criminal Deluxe eds hard to find now? Worth my while picking them up if I get the chance?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    Are the Criminal Deluxe eds hard to find now? Worth my while picking them up if I get the chance?
    Yes and yes.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yes and yes.
    I'm betting that Image will put out their own HC's of them, considering they just put out trades and a special issue. Brubaker moved his creator-owned stuff there. A real shame Sleeper is in Vertigo-hands... Wildstorm universe and all that ^^

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I'm guessing they'll be a few people happy to see the Valiant reprints, as I've seen a few ruing the fact they'd missed out. It's an encouraging sign to see VE taking such an approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Some new hardcovers on amazon.com from:

IMAGE COMICS:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Science-...n%3A7421485011
    Yes! Was hoping this would get a hardcover after reading the first trade.
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 06-21-2015 at 06:08 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Some new hardcovers on amazon.com from:

IMAGE COMICS:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Science-...n%3A7421485011

hyped for black science!

All-New Member

Honestly not really though Neil Gaimans script in The Dream Country seemed pretty interesting but I never really got around to read it

Thanks again!
    I might gonna give another chance to Black science in hc. Didn't really car e about it when I started to read the monthlies, seemd like a very rutin crazy sci-fi job from Remender and not enough characterization for me to care about anything.

About the LoEG Nemo stuff:
    why? why not a complete hc?
    well, maaaybe if it's gonna be oversized, but pretty much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by losicecreams View Post
    hyped for black science!
    Same I'll be grabbing this on release.

Also yay for more Pathfinder! It's a different writer now (not Zub) right? Wonder if it's still as good without him writing it.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by losicecreams View Post
    hyped for black science!
    Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Same I'll be grabbing this on release.

Also yay for more Pathfinder! It's a different writer now (not Zub) right? Wonder if it's still as good without him writing it.
    sweet! i've head great things about black science and been wanting to read it for a while now. hopefully low and deadly class get deluxes as well heard those are really good too. whats pathfinder about?