Page 402 of 865 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 12974

Is this Powers omni really worth picking up? I'm trying to finalize my order.

All-New Member

Powers is great, if that is what you're asking.

I prefer the OHC's in this case. I think it comes down to preference and budget. Powers omni will be a hefty book, but it's a steal of a deal.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdjones View Post
    Powers omni will be a hefty book, but it's a steal of a deal.
    Does anyone happen to know if the omni has any additional material that the previous hardcovers didn't? IInstocktrades has the first three hardcovers for $52.17, vs the omni for $62.50 which has the same story content. I'm wondering if the omni is worth the extra cash?

Quote Originally Posted by pdjones View Post
    Powers is great, if that is what you're asking.

I prefer the OHC's in this case. I think it comes down to preference and budget. Powers omni will be a hefty book, but it's a steal of a deal.
    Thanks, yeah....don't have the OHCs.

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if the omni has any additional material that the previous hardcovers didn't? IInstocktrades has the first three hardcovers for $52.17, vs the omni for $62.50 which has the same story content. I'm wondering if the omni is worth the extra cash?
    This is a great question - might go down this route if they're the same.

Incredible Member

The first Powers OHC had an absolutly atrocious binding, and the book was 35-50% extras. I mostly enjoyed what I read of the series but I would not recommend the OHCs.

Fantastic Member

The solicited HCs from the Valiant entertainment's November solicitations:

DIVINITY DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by MATT KINDT
    Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    Cover by JELENA KEVIC-DJURDJEVIC
    Re-presenting the sold-out sci-fi epic from New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (NINJAK, Mind MGMT) and blockbuster artist Trevor Hairsine (X-Men: Deadly Genesis), the critically acclaimed debut of Valiant’s first all-new headlining character gets the deluxe oversized hardcover treatment!
    At the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union – determined to win the Space Race at any cost – green lit a dangerously advanced mission. They sent a man farther into the cosmos than anyone has gone before or since. Lost in the stars, he encountered something unknown. Something that…changed him.
    Long thought lost and erased from the history books, he has suddenly returned, crash-landing in the Australian Outback. The few that have been able to reach him believe him to be a deity -– one who turned the scorched desert into a lush oasis. They say he can bend matter, space, and even time to his will. Earth is about to meet a new god. And he’s a communist. How long can it be before the first confrontation between mankind and DIVINITY begins?
    Collecting DIVINITY #1–4, along with more than 20 pages of rarely seen art and extras, including designs, process art, sketches, commentary and more!
    $24.99 | 160 pgs. | T+ | On sale NOVEMBER 18
    ISBN: 978-1-939346-92-6

THE VALIANT DELUXE EDITION HC
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE & MATT KINDT
    Art & Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
    From New York Times best-selling writers Jeff Lemire (BLOODSHOT REBORN, Green Arrow) and Matt Kindt (NINJAK, Mind MGMT), and Eisner award-winning artist Paolo Rivera (Daredevil) comes an epic ten millennia in the making – now in deluxe oversized hardcover format!
    The Eternal Warrior has protected the Earth for more than 10,000 years. A master of countless weapons and long forgotten martial arts, he is guided by the Geomancers — those who speak for the Earth. During his long watch, the Eternal Warrior has failed three times. Each time, the Geomancer was killed…and a new dark age for humanity began. Each time, he was unable to stop The Immortal Enemy – a monstrous force of nature. A civilization killer. A horror that appears differently each time it arrives…and whose seemingly only purpose is to bring disorder and darkness to the world. Now, the time has come for The Immortal Enemy to return once more. But, this time, the Eternal Warrior will be ready. This time, he has a force greater than any single warrior. This time, he has…THE VALIANT.
    Collecting THE VALIANT #1–4 – the sold-out limited series event nominated Best Continuing or Limited Series by the 2015 Harvey Awards – THE VALIANT DELUXE EDITION HC comes packed with 20+ pages of rarely seen extras including designs, process art, sketches, commentary and more!
    $24.99 | 160 pgs. | T+ | On sale NOVEMBER 11
    ISBN: 978-1-939346-91-9

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Written by MATT KINDT
    Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE
    Re-presenting the sold-out sci-fi epic from New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt (NINJAK, Mind MGMT) and blockbuster artist Trevor Hairsine (X-Men: Deadly Genesis), the critically acclaimed debut of Valiant’s first all-new headlining character gets the deluxe oversized hardcover treatment!
    At the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union – determined to win the Space Race at any cost – green lit a dangerously advanced mission. They sent a man farther into the cosmos than anyone has gone before or since. Lost in the stars, he encountered something unknown. Something that…changed him.
    Long thought lost and erased from the history books, he has suddenly returned, crash-landing in the Australian Outback. The few that have been able to reach him believe him to be a deity -– one who turned the scorched desert into a lush oasis. They say he can bend matter, space, and even time to his will. Earth is about to meet a new god. And he’s a communist. How long can it be before the first confrontation between mankind and DIVINITY begins?
    Collecting DIVINITY #1–4, along with more than 20 pages of rarely seen art and extras, including designs, process art, sketches, commentary and more!

From New York Times best-selling writers Jeff Lemire (BLOODSHOT REBORN, Green Arrow) and Matt Kindt (NINJAK, Mind MGMT), and Eisner award-winning artist Paolo Rivera (Daredevil) comes an epic ten millennia in the making – now in deluxe oversized hardcover format!
    The Eternal Warrior has protected the Earth for more than 10,000 years. A master of countless weapons and long forgotten martial arts, he is guided by the Geomancers — those who speak for the Earth. During his long watch, the Eternal Warrior has failed three times. Each time, the Geomancer was killed…and a new dark age for humanity began. Each time, he was unable to stop The Immortal Enemy – a monstrous force of nature. A civilization killer. A horror that appears differently each time it arrives…and whose seemingly only purpose is to bring disorder and darkness to the world. Now, the time has come for The Immortal Enemy to return once more. But, this time, the Eternal Warrior will be ready. This time, he has a force greater than any single warrior. This time, he has…THE VALIANT.
    Collecting THE VALIANT #1–4 – the sold-out limited series event nominated Best Continuing or Limited Series by the 2015 Harvey Awards – THE VALIANT DELUXE EDITION HC comes packed with 20+ pages of rarely seen extras including designs, process art, sketches, commentary and more!
    I'll be getting these, but at a 160 pages each, they could of easily just made them into one book

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The first Powers OHC had an absolutly atrocious binding, and the book was 35-50% extras. I mostly enjoyed what I read of the series but I would not recommend the OHCs.
    Yeah, they do suck, and I would recommend the omnibus over them if you don't already have them. And even then . . ..

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post

Written by MATT KINDT
    Art by TREVOR HAIRSINE

I will be adding to my IST Wish list but I do think they should wait on Divinity. Since a second mini is coming at years end they could just include both minis into one Deluxe!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, they do suck, and I would recommend the omnibus over them if you don't already have them. And even then . . ..
    Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    The good thing though is that the crossovers contain all you need to know. Half of the Harbinger team was missing but at the same time, it didn't matter for the story at all. I think Valiant is still knocking it out of the park and showing how events should be done. Both Harbinger Wars and Armor Hunters were great stories.

I'm not sure what the Valiant is but Divinity is just another ongoing series.

Divinity is a miniseries. Although theres a second mini coming later this year.

The Valiant was a self contained 4 issue mini.

Valiants event books to date are; Harbinger Wars, Armor Hunters and Book of Death.

Amazing Member

Not sure if anyone else saw this but either the Acts of Vengeance Omnibus has had a very small reprint of Amazon found some old stock...

http://www.amazon.com/Acts-Vengeance...geance+omnibus

Either that or they think they found some old stock and I'll get an e-mail in a week telling me the item is unavailable...

Latest books:

"Manos Kelly" looks damn fine and should be anyone's cuppa who likes Blueberry, Comanche or Durango. Dunno about availability in other languages, though.

The third man is a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest books:

"Manos Kelly" looks damn fine and should be anyone's cuppa who likes Blueberry, Comanche or Durango. Dunno about availability in other languages, though.
    That Manos Kelly book looks awesome. And be sure to enjoy Eros
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)