Page 375 of 865 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    a bit of advice, my dissapointed with list has grown considerably with my blind buys (Revival, Sex Criminals, Glory, Five Ghosts to name a few) now i have some more blind un's on order (Rat Queens, Black Science, Wayward, Nailbiter, Southern Bastards & East of West) am i going to hate any of these? the blind buys i have got recently that i have really liked are Manhattan Projects, Saga and Lazarus if that helps.
    Oh man. You liked Saga, but didn't like Glory or Sex Criminals? I thought SC was not bad, but Glory I thought was amazing. Saga I thought was horrendous. This leads me to believe I will really enjoy Five Ghosts, which makes me feel better about blind buying it, lol.

Got these ones today.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Got these ones today.

oh shoot! Kabuki is already out? I thought it's only coming in the autumn or around that...sigh * goes online to order it and try not to look at bank account *
    (Never read it before but I like Mack's art and it's a DH LE, so it's gonna be a beautiful book and hopefully a good story as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh shoot! Kabuki is already out? I thought it's only coming in the autumn or around that...sigh * goes online to order it and try not to look at bank account *
    (Never read it before but I like Mack's art and it's a DH LE, so it's gonna be a beautiful book and hopefully a good story as well).
    Yeah it's quite an amazing looking book. It's large! It's b/w! It's colour! It's got amazing art!

Half the book is b/w and looks awesome. The other half is in colour and his art there is quite similar to Dave McKean. Quite a few extra's too, but none of it new I guess. Well it's new to me anyway since never read any of this before.

Image did a very fine job on the East of West book too. Same build as Saga, so with sewn binding that lays flat from page 1(ish).

Damn that Kabuki looks impressive. I've only bought book, Circle of Blood, but never got around to reading it,

Is this DH hardcover format the same as the Hellboy Library editions?

Spectacular Member

Got to say...I expected a better design for East of West's spine. That looks like it was made in Microsoft Word.

Sigh. Kabuki in that format is a must, so yay - more money to spend. Would love to get EoW as well, but the price is ridiculous.

These arrived this week:

"Der Traum von Olympia" (Dreaming of the Olympics) is the new book by Reinhard Kleist (Cash - I see a Darkness, The Boxer, Castro). Again it's a biographical work, this time about a Somali woman who participates in the 2008 Olympics, despite the fact that at home, the ruling Muslim fundamentalists forbid women to do sports, and who the drowns when trying to flee to Europe (not a spoiler since that is what it says on the back).
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-11-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Sigh. Kabuki in that format is a must, so yay - more money to spend. Would love to get EoW as well, but the price is ridiculous.
    Same price and aprx. same page count as the Saga deluxe. I got it for 21 pounds and it collects 3 trades. I don't think that's a ridiculous price for a book like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Same price and aprx. same page count as the Saga deluxe. I got it for 21 pounds and it collects 3 trades. I don't think that's a ridiculous price for a book like this.
    Saga had a ridiculous price tag over here already as well. EoW costs €40 at Amazon.de. That is getting dangerously close to Marvel pricing.

Saga had a ridiculous price tag over here already as well. EoW costs €40 at Amazon.de. That is getting dangerously close to Marvel pricing.
    well, okay that's like 28 pounds, that's not so good, but at least Image deluxes are better quality than Marvel books nowadays.

These arrived this week:

[IMG]http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/LordJulius76/1656956B-7969-4E5D-9901-FC094F1C733E_zpslpqclatl.jpg[/IMG

"Der Traum von Olympia" (Dreaming of the Olympics) is the new book by Reinhard Kleist (Cash - I see a Darkness, The Boxer, Castro). Again it's a biographical work, this time about a Somali woman who participates in the 2008 Olympics, despite the fact that at home, the ruling Muslim fundamentalists forbid women to do sports, and who the drowns when trying to flee to Europe (not a spoiler since that is what it says on the back).
    New Kleist! Nice that goes on my to buy list. Same style of German lingo as Der Boxer? And I see you're in a war flow again? What's Weisse Wolfe? Looks like a book about the Waffen-SS.

As for EoW, yep quite expensive, but it's a really well done book, just like Saga. $50 cover price for 500 pages. That is a lot indeed! I wish all books had the build quality and price tag of Dark Horse's books.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Damn that Kabuki looks impressive. I've only bought book, Circle of Blood, but never got around to reading it,

Is this DH hardcover format the same as the Hellboy Library editions?
    Yep exactly the same size as Hellboy LE's.

Quote Originally Posted by TehJofus View Post
    Got to say...I expected a better design for East of West's spine. That looks like it was made in Microsoft Word.
    Never judge a book by it's cover. And perhaps it was designed using MS Word

New Kleist! Nice that goes on my to buy list. Same style of German lingo as Der Boxer? And I see you're in a war flow again? What's Weisse Wolfe? Looks like a book about the Waffen-SS.
    Close. It's about the current neo-nazi scene in Germany and Europe, particularly the more violent, terrorist elements. Excellent book (you might want to google the artwork, "Weisse Wölfe, Schraven").

Oh crap, I've totally forgotten about Kabuki LE (the cover on amazon is different, I would have prefered that one)... I gotta spend a lot of money these days! I don't like EoW spines tough...
    Last edited by Fuller; 07-11-2015 at 12:14 PM.

I'm glad I already ordered that Kabuki LE. It is a total blind buy for me though so I hope it doesn't suck.

I also got Miss and, damn, that is a great book so far. The art is excellent and the story is just as good. Pick it up!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)