Page 811 of 865 FirstFirst ... 311711761801807808809810811812813814815821861 ... LastLast
Results 12,151 to 12,165 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I sold mine already. Not my cup of tea.
    It was a blind buy for me. I like what I have read so far by Soule. I will probably start it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It was a blind buy for me. I like what I have read so far by Soule. I will probably start it this weekend.
    For me too. And for that price it wasn't enough.

What can folks here tell me about Crossed.

I bought and read the vol. 1 10th anniversary hardcover which collects the first story line by Ennis. Looking it up, there appears to be 17 HCs in all and they collect a range of stories, series and spin-offs.

It seems a little confusing. Haha.

Also, there's Crossed plus 100, which has a story line by Alan Moore. I might pick that up.

I thought the Ennis stuff was OK... but disturbing.

Can anytime tell me a reading order for the series or is it "just read the 17 HCs in order". Haha.

Also is the stuff after Ennis any good?

I just picked up and started Vol 2 of Hickman's Avengers Omnibus.

So. Damn. Good.

Hickman's FF and Avengers work might be my new favorite Marvel run
    Last edited by Chocolate Starmie; 08-05-2018 at 07:14 AM.

What can folks here tell me about Crossed.

I bought and read the vol. 1 10th anniversary hardcover which collects the first story line by Ennis. Looking it up, there appears to be 17 HCs in all and they collect a range of stories, series and spin-offs.

It seems a little confusing. Haha.

Also, there's Crossed plus 100, which has a story line by Alan Moore. I might pick that up.

I thought the Ennis stuff was OK... but disturbing.

Can anytime tell me a reading order for the series or is it "just read the 17 HCs in order". Haha.

Also is the stuff after Ennis any good?
    After Ennis I think is pure gore for gore sake. The story doesn't evolve too much, always same stuff. Even the next Ennis story is not really good. I remember one spin-off called Wish You Were Here with the most bizarre imagery I have ever seen (even after some weird mangas haha). But if you like this kind of stuff, it's a gore paradise!
    The Alan Moore story is interesting and offer a more interesting take about the pos-apocalyptic world. I think you can read that after the first story and will not miss anything!

(double post!)
    Last edited by seusilva; 08-06-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    After Ennis I think is pure gore for gore sake. The story doesn't evolve too much, always same stuff. Even the next Ennis story is not really good. I remember one spin-off called Wish You Were Here with the most bizarre imagery I have ever seen (even after some weird mangas haha). But if you like this kind of stuff, it's a gore paradise!
    The Alan Moore story is interesting and offer a more interesting take about the pos-apocalyptic world. I think you can read that after the first story and will not miss anything!
    Thanks. I thought about getting the other Ennis book and the Moore one. I don't mind gore but it's got to have a good story.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Thanks. I thought about getting the other Ennis book and the Moore one. I don't mind gore but it's got to have a good story.
    It was just riding the zombie bandwagon, in my opinion. Only cool thing was the zombies could retain the skills acquired in their human lives...a crossed person can still pilot a plane if they were a pilot before being infected. The only aspect of the premise I found interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It was just riding the zombie bandwagon, in my opinion. Only cool thing was the zombies could retain the skills acquired in their human lives...a crossed person can still pilot a plane if they were a pilot before being infected. The only aspect of the premise I found interesting.
    Yeah, these are some seriously scary zombies. Haha.

Just FYI.
    Awhile back I go an email from IST saying they would replace by HB Hell on Earth volume 2 because of the printing error.
    Last week I placed a small order (two books since I had money burning a hole in my pocket)> The box arrived yesterday and it also included the HB book.
    They didn't email or anything. Just included it. Man, I love that company! Except for their bad search engine on their website. Haha.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Just FYI.
    Awhile back I go an email from IST saying they would replace by HB Hell on Earth volume 2 because of the printing error.
    Last week I placed a small order (two books since I had money burning a hole in my pocket)> The box arrived yesterday and it also included the HB book.
    They didn't email or anything. Just included it. Man, I love that company! Except for their bad search engine on their website. Haha.
    i consider their delivery a tad slow, but they are good at what they do. And their search engine isn’t bad. They just don’t list books they don’t actually have. Glad to hear of your positive experience with the surprise HB book.

Just FYI.
    I got my replacement for the Hell on earth delivered from where I ordered him. Was it the april copy?!? So I was very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    i consider their delivery a tad slow, but they are good at what they do.
    I think this is because they changed their shipping methods, but they're still quicker than CGN, which has really slowed down. I usually wait until I have a $50 order with IST so I don't have to pay the freight. That helps. But, before the changeover there were times when I'd place an order on a Tuesday and I could have it by the end of the week.

Spectacular Member Master Destructo's Avatar

I wanted to mention that Brian Cronin is doing a new CBR Top 100 list. This is the first time he's done one for One-Shots and Graphic Novels. Voting ends August 31st. Here's a link:
    https://www.cbr.com/vote-top-comic-b...raphic-novels/

I thought I read something a little while ago about Humanoids reprinting the Incal slipcase edition. Does anyone remember this/know more? Am I imagining this?