Page 800 of 865 FirstFirst ... 300700750790796797798799800801802803804810850 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 12974

Latest:

I may be in the minority here but now that I have all three, the spines of the Knightfall Omnis don‘t bother me at all.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Latest:

I may be in the minority here but now that I have all three, the spines of the Knightfall Omnis don‘t bother me at all.
    Nice haul LJ! I agree about Knightfall omnibus spines, I don't really mind them. Could they have been better looking ? Yeah, sure, but I still prefer them to the plain and boring Marvel SA omnibus spines.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Nice haul LJ! I agree about Knightfall omnibus spines, I don't really mind them. Could they have been better looking ? Yeah, sure, but I still prefer them to the plain and boring Marvel SA omnibus spines.
    Absolutely. DC omnis are so much better designed than Marvel‘s right now. If only they would put the same effort into collecting and printing the material correctly.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Latest:

Cool haul LJ. Are you happy you went for the AC 80 Yrs Deluxe?

It is quite strange that Joker featured on all three Knightfall spines. I wonder if it was intentional or just pure coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Cool haul LJ. Are you happy you went for the AC 80 Yrs Deluxe?

It is quite strange that Joker featured on all three Knightfall spines. I wonder if it was intentional or just pure coincidence?
    „80 years“ is a fun read. The only drawback is that I now want a late 60s/early 70s Swan Supes collection even more!

I think the Joker being on all three spines is absolutely an accident. They asked Jones to create Batman artwork a bit wider than two pages and he just designed it like that, without really thinking about what would end up on the spine.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 06-15-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Except Knightfall isn't a silver age book. And even then, the spines are so hideous that plain white text on a black background would be much preferable to the nonsensical mess we ended up with.

Extraordinary Member

Latest:

I have had my eye out on the Aquaman book.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I have had my eye out on the Aquaman book.
    Haven't read it yet but be prepared for a heavy dose of mediocre 90s pseudo-Image art.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Except Knightfall isn't a silver age book. And even then, the spines are so hideous that plain white text on a black background would be much preferable to the nonsensical mess we ended up with.
    What does the fact that Knightfall isn't a Silver Age book have to do with my comment ?

Are the JSA omnibuses worth a blind buy or not? I haven't read anything about it and don't know much about DC. Want to jump into it somewhere.

Edit: I took the plunge and ordered them. Balakin said earlier that anything Geoff Johns wrote is good
    Last edited by JPAR; 06-16-2018 at 07:03 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Are the JSA omnibuses worth a blind buy or not? I haven't read anything about it and don't know much about DC. Want to jump into it somewhere.

Edit: I took the plunge and ordered them. Balakin said earlier that anything Geoff Johns wrote is good
    Yeah, pretty much. In my opinion his JSA run was better than his Flash run. Just awesome
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

ummm.... well...
    For a newbie or relative newbie at least and I mostly meant his pre N52 stuff ( I did not care for his Justice League).
    Also I have to add that first I've read JSA in trades and when I've reread the first omnibus there were a couple of issues that were not in the trades and I found them kind of just fillers.
    Also also the first big storyarc is written by Robinson then the title is co written by Goyer and Johns and later it's only Johns. And I think you can tell because it gets better as it goes along.
    3rd also: the 3rd omnibus has a trade's worth of material written by Levitz which is very skippable, doesn't add anything.

All that said: Johns, Robinson and Goyer does a great job of delivering old school capes and tights type of superhero adventures with high stakes, putting emphasis on the legacy aspect of the title, portraying the heroes as cool and highly competent characters even when they are wearing their silliest long johns (cause let's be honest, they aren't wearing the most badass costumes, but that's why I like them) and bringing new readers up to date with the sometimes convoluted continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    ummm.... well...
    For a newbie or relative newbie at least and I mostly meant his pre N52 stuff ( I did not care for his Justice League).
    Also I have to add that first I've read JSA in trades and when I've reread the first omnibus there were a couple of issues that were not in the trades and I found them kind of just fillers.
    Also also the first big storyarc is written by Robinson then the title is co written by Goyer and Johns and later it's only Johns. And I think you can tell because it gets better as it goes along.
    3rd also: the 3rd omnibus has a trade's worth of material written by Levitz which is very skippable, doesn't add anything.

All that said: Johns, Robinson and Goyer does a great job of delivering old school capes and tights type of superhero adventures with high stakes, putting emphasis on the legacy aspect of the title, portraying the heroes as cool and highly competent characters even when they are wearing their silliest long johns (cause let's be honest, they aren't wearing the most badass costumes, but that's why I like them) and bringing new readers up to date with the sometimes convoluted continuity.
    I've read that it was restarted by Robinson and Johns took over after issue 10 or so, before I bought them. But what I saw online it looks like something I can enjoy very much.

But, if I don't like it, it'll be your fault

BANNED

I believe any modern reader who is interested in JSA should read Starman by James Robinson and Sandman Mystery Theather by Matt Wagner. Both are fantastic.

I've read that it was restarted by Robinson and Johns took over after issue 10 or so, before I bought them. But what I saw online it looks like something I can enjoy very much.

But, if I don't like it, it'll be your fault
    Obviously