Page 401 of 865 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Is this series any good for someone who doesn't read much Morrison? I'm considering picking it up along w/ WW Perez and Powers omnibus if it's 50% off.
    It's typical Morrison crazy, but not as disjointed as some of his other stuff (Filth). The art is good but Irving has a very distinctive style which is not necessarily everybody's favorite. I enjoyed it, but the build quality is bad. The binding is VERY tight (you can open the book, it's just very rigid) and the paper is wavy as hell.

Just finished Lazarus First collection... what a great series and incredible extras! The world Rucka created, kinda reminded me of 100 Bullets and Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Just finished Lazarus First collection... what a great series and incredible extras! The world Rucka created, kinda reminded me of 100 Bullets and Game of Thrones
    Indeed, Lazarus and East of West have some of the best world-building I've ever seen in a comic book. Both are great series that I hope continue for a long time.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    As much as I loved the eary Valiant books, there are so many now and so many crossovers that I'm a little lost with the universe, also the three issue Shadowman: End Times trade for $15 annoyed me.
    got to admit the same, The Valiant, Divinity, it's all getting a bit confusing, reading Armor Wars, the Harbinger issues, half the team seem to be missing, i guess i'll find out when Harbinger Vol 2 gets released, but they do seem to be pushing a few too many crossovers at the mo

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Indeed, Lazarus and East of West have some of the best world-building I've ever seen in a comic book. Both are great series that I hope continue for a long time.
    I've read also EoW deluxe recently... good series, fantastic world-building... a little bit of lack in storytelling. Lazarus kicks asses from issue 1!

speakin' of world building: any info on Battlingboy v2? I know Rise of Aurora West gonna get a v2 in October but it's strange that Pope made a 2 part prequel before he continued BB.
    Haven't read Aurora West yet but really liked the world of Battling Boy (no DC-Marvel lookalike characters even though it's a superhero book. Kinda rare IMHO),.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    As much as I loved the eary Valiant books, there are so many now and so many crossovers that I'm a little lost with the universe, also the three issue Shadowman: End Times trade for $15 annoyed me.
    This does not compute for me.
    At any given time VEI publishes 9 titles a month. That's not many
    The relaunch is barely 3yrs old. Harbinger Wars crossed only 2 titles at the time(Harbinger & Bloodshot), then Armor Hunters was the first line wide event. Q&W crossed with A&A, now there is Book of Death which is line wide but I'm just not buying that it's confusing in the Valiant world, sorry.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This does not compute for me.
    At any given time VEI publishes 9 titles a month. That's not many
    The relaunch is barely 3yrs old. Harbinger Wars crossed only 2 titles at the time(Harbinger & Bloodshot), then Armor Hunters was the first line wide event. Q&W crossed with A&A, now there is Book of Death which is line wide but I'm just not buying that it's confusing in the Valiant world, sorry.
    I only buy the trades and I at the very least get the first one of each series that has been launched and part of the confusion is down to me having taken a break for a few months while I was abroad. Now coming back to the Valiant verse there are new books, relaunches and books that have ended but no clarity over the universe. I'm not so much talking about in universe but information available externally. Going to the Valiant website there are 20 books listed, I'm sure some have ended, some are mini's or crossover events, but I don't have a clue what is what. Even the Trades / collections section is a mess.

I'm sure if I had been keeping up with them on a month on month basis it would have been different, but trying to get back into the universe form where I left off isn't easy.

Fantastic Member

The Image comics November solicitations are out. Here are the HCs:

BLACK SCIENCE PREMIERE HC: THE BEGINNERS' GUIDE TO ENTROPY
    STORY: RICK REMENDER
    ART: MATTEO SCALERA, DEAN WHITE, & MORENO DENISIO
    COVER: MATTEO SCALERA
    NOVEMBER 25 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99
    Collecting the first three arcs of the seminal pulp sci-fi smash hit by the jive-ass super powered disco dancers RICK REMENDER and MATTEO SCALERA. Crammed with sketches, concept art, and other rare goodies in a glorious oversized 8” x 12” hardcover, truly the most incredible edition of BLACK SCIENCE in all the Eververse.
    Collects BLACK SCIENCE #1-16

DEAD@17 THE COMPLETE COLLECTION HC
    STORY / ART / COVER: JOSH HOWARD
    NOVEMBER 18 / 768 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99
    This is it! The entire cult-favorite DEAD@17 series collected together in one massive volume! Rediscover, or experience for the first time, Nara Kilday's incredible journey from life to death to rebirth and her epic struggle with the evils of man and demons.
    Bonus content includes sketches, art gallery, and creator commentary.
    Collects DEAD@17 Volumes 1-7

FATALE: DELUXE EDITION, VOL. 2 HC
    STORY: ED BRUBAKER
    ART / COVER: SEAN PHILLIPS & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER
    NOVEMBER 11 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99
    This Deluxe Edition presents the conclusion of Brubaker and Phillips's bestselling horror-noir series FATALE in a gorgeous hardcover edition filled with insightful extras and behind-the-scenes artwork. This is the book for serious Brubaker and Phillips collectors!
    Collects FATALE #11-24

INVINCIBLE ULTIMATE COLLECTION, VOL. 10 HC
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: RYAN OTTLEY, CLIFF RATHBURN, & JEAN-FRANCOIS BEAULIEU
    COVER: RYAN OTTLEY & JEAN-FRANCOIS BEAULIEU
    NOVEMBER 4 / 336 PAGES / FC / T+ / $39.99
    Everything changes as Invincible is betrayed by one of his friends...and starts a brand-new phase in Mark Grayson's life.
    Collects INVINCIBLE #109-120

Fantastic Member

And the HCs from the BOOM / Archaia solicits:

LUMBERJANES TO THE MAX EDITION VOL. 1 HC
    Retail Price: $39.99
    Authors: Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis
    Artist: Brooke Allen
    What’s to Love: We’re overwhelmed by the love, support, and enthusiasm from Lumberjumbies all over the world for this Eisner Award-winning series! Shannon Watters, Grace Ellis, Noelle Stevenson (Nimona), and Brooke Allen (A Home for Mr. Easter) have crafted a heartfelt series built on the power of friendship and positivity, and we’re thrilled to present the original eight-issue story arc in a deluxe hardcover for the first time.
    What It Is: At Miss Qiunzella Thiskwin Penniquiqul Thistle Crumpet’s Camp for Hardcore Lady-Types, things are not what they seem. Three-eyed foxes. Secret caves. Anagrams! Luckily, Jo, April, Mal, Molly, and Ripley are five rad, butt-kicking best pals determined to have an awesome summer together...and they’re not gonna let a magical quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way! The mystery keeps getting bigger, and it all begins here. Includes Lumberjanes #1-8, a foreword by Raina Telgemeier (Smile, Sisters), the never-before collected Lumberjanes short from BOOM! Box 2014 Mix Tape, all of the Rad Mix Playlists, and more!

MOUSE GUARD: LEGENDS OF THE GUARD VOL. 3 HC
    Retail Price: $19.99
    Author: David Petersen, Mark Buckingham, Skottie Young, Dustin Nguyen, Jake Parker, Ramon K. Perez, Becky Cloonan, and many more!
    Artist: David Petersen, Mark Buckingham, Skottie Young, Dustin Nguyen, Jake Parker, Ramon K. Perez, Becky Cloonan, and many more!
    Cover Artist: David Petersen
    Synopsis: The third volume in the New York Times bestselling and Eisner Award-winning series, Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard Volume Three features tales written and illustrated by a collection of award-winning and critically acclaimed storytellers personally selected by series creator David Petersen. Once again, patrons at the June Alley Inn are challenged to tell the best Mouse Guard tale, with the winner getting their tab cleared!

I'm down for Fatale v. 2 and Invincible v. 10
    How is Black Science? I'm not a huge fan of Remender's mainstream stuff but I really enjoyed Fear Agent

What is dead@17? I'll be getting the other image stuff

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    How is Black Science? I'm not a huge fan of Remender's mainstream stuff but I really enjoyed Fear Agent
    Very much in that vein. I'd say check out the first issue to see if you like it and then pull on the HC. I think it's stellar.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'll second what an above poster said. Besides that, though, is that I think this is one of the best looking books on shelves today and I would buy this (hell of a deal for an absolute-sized book) solely for Matteo Scalera's art on those oversized pages.
    "1000 Books Read in 2015" Status as of 8/11/2015: 706

Reading: Chew, 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    got to admit the same, The Valiant, Divinity, it's all getting a bit confusing, reading Armor Wars, the Harbinger issues, half the team seem to be missing, i guess i'll find out when Harbinger Vol 2 gets released, but they do seem to be pushing a few too many crossovers at the mo
    The good thing though is that the crossovers contain all you need to know. Half of the Harbinger team was missing but at the same time, it didn't matter for the story at all. I think Valiant is still knocking it out of the park and showing how events should be done. Both Harbinger Wars and Armor Hunters were great stories.

I'm not sure what the Valiant is but Divinity is just another ongoing series.