Page 495 of 865 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 12974

Just received The Eternaut from US Amazon, book looks awesome, such a great design. Was shipped in standard Amazon box, no bubbles or any protection inside whatsoever and guess what - perfect condition. I guess I'm lucky.

Amazing Member

Amazon packaging is a joke. They might as well ship books just with rubber bands wrapped around them for all the good it does.

BANNED

I got the brown box around Eternaut damaged, got a full refund and now Amazon has investigated my account (due to too many refunds) and are considering to ban me from Amazon USA completely.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Paper quality's actually fine; heavy stock, not too matte, not too shiny. It's the quality of the hardcover that's bad - the cover's thin and kinda flimsy. But the main issue is them not making the content bigger to fit the bigger pages, and charging money as if they had.

I'm not on twitter, or else I'd do that as well.
    Paper quality on the deluxes is piss poor

Fantastic Member

I have the Unity Deluxe Hardcover Vol. 1 and don't have any complaints. I took a regular comic and compared the size of the art on the page and it does appear to be larger.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Maybe so, but then surely they shouldnt advertise as "oversized?"
    And probably shouldnt charge whats expected of an oversized omni RRP.
    This.

While I definitely agree with dmisc, this whole size thing is a very good reason not to start a Valiant collection.

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Hello there!

What about HC Marvel Masterworks? A local chain here in New England has some for as low as $19.99.

I was going to get Captain Marvel Vol.4 by Steve Engelhart Collecting #34-46 from the 1968 series priced at $9.99.
    I never read these and figure a deal like that is a real steal. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Paper quality on the deluxes is piss poor
    Can you provide an example? I'm just not seeing it. I own almost all of the new valiant deluxes and the paper is quite good. The art is oversized and the presentation is great. These are great collections.

I got an email saying amazon wont be getting Witchblade Borne Again Volume 3...

Top Cow being the Top Cow as usual....
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
    Amazon packaging is a joke. They might as well ship books just with rubber bands wrapped around them for all the good it does.
    So I have found with Amazon if you order a standard OHC by itself they will put it in a perfect fit cardboard wrapped box. It's the kind that wraps around the book and is fastened by glue. Never had an issue getting a book from them this way. For everything else, like omnibi or larger OHCs, I don't even bother with Amazon. I mean they put the book in an oversized box that leaves too much room for bent corners when the carrier throws it around. And they put like a strip of that stupid air plastic in there, just laying it on top of the book like it is supposed to protect it. I had a pretty good chuckle the first time I saw that. I only order standard OHCs one at a time from them on occasion. Everything else is done through IST or CGN.

Also, since I'm on this thread, I'll throw in a plug for Wayward deluxe Vol 1. Just finished it last night and loved it. It took me a few issues to get into it, but I love the way the story progressed by issue 10. Art and coloring are great. I like the supernatural aspect of the story and the character powers are really original. At first I was hesitant because I stray away from manga looking stuff, but I'm glad I tried this out.

Quote Originally Posted by dmisc View Post
    Re: the Valiant omnibus discussion.

Owning several pages of original Valiant art and coloured pages, I think you'd be surprised just how small the artwork is compared to modern artwork. I'd rather see the artwork at the original size as drawn, coloured and lettered rather than blown up at reduced quality.

I've purchased every Valiant Omnibus, Deluxe Hardcover and trade since relaunch and find the companies attention to maintaining the style and feel of the original releases pretty admirable.
    And that's fine - my issue is that the book is needlessly oversized and priced as such when the art is not, not to mention the frankly horrible looking blacked-in borders. Just terrible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Can you provide an example? I'm just not seeing it. I own almost all of the new valiant deluxes and the paper is quite good. The art is oversized and the presentation is great. These are great collections.
    Agreed, I've bought them all as well and I've not seen nor had any issues with the paper

Quote Originally Posted by MatchstickJohnny View Post
    Hello there!

What about HC Marvel Masterworks? A local chain here in New England has some for as low as $19.99.

I was going to get Captain Marvel Vol.4 by Steve Engelhart Collecting #34-46 from the 1968 series priced at $9.99.
    I never read these and figure a deal like that is a real steal. What do you think?
    while the Marvel thread would be better for this question but yeah, the MMW-s are great quality, good paper and binding, good reproduction and for 10 bucks you can't go wrong with them.

It's question time again!!!
    Anybody has the Shadow vs Grendel hc? Or tpb? or what it is exactly?
    Cheap comics and amazon lists it as a hc but Wordery and other sites as well has it as a paperback. But same ISBN. So is it a paperback or a hardcover?