Page 782 of 865 FirstFirst ... 282682732772778779780781782783784785786792832 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    March's haul.

It's good to see you've managed to cut ba....never mind

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Been a while since I posted, but dumb question: Where do people pick up the white Judge Dredd hardcovers? I don't really see them on Amazon or anything like that.
    Theyre a UK exclusive partwork put out from Hachette through newsagents.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    You have to subscribed to Mega Collection.But it shouldnt be too hard to find them on Amazon,actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Theyre a UK exclusive partwork put out from Hachette through newsagents.
    Thanks a lot!

I'm looking into the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by Boom. They've got year one collected now and year two is following later this year. But I know nothing about MMPR. I've seen the tv show when I was younger, but not often, when my little brother was watching it. Can someone tell me more about it? Can I start with year one as a starting point? Do I need more info? Etc.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I'm looking into the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers by Boom. They've got year one collected now and year two is following later this year. But I know nothing about MMPR. I've seen the tv show when I was younger, but not often, when my little brother was watching it. Can someone tell me more about it? Can I start with year one as a starting point? Do I need more info? Etc.
    I was really into MMPR as a kid. It came out in the US when i was in middle school, so the perfect time for me to enjoy a show like that. The concept is basically a bunch of high schoolers are intrusted with special coins that let them morph into their respective rangers and also control special mechs called "zords". They are mentored into protecting the Earth (usually just there town though it seems lol) from the main antagonist and his/her cronies.

Just for a bit of back info, there have been many "reincarnations" of the tv series. I haven't kept up with most of them, but the show usually reboots itself every couple years, bringing in a new cast, designs, mechs/weapons, antagonists or status quos, whatever. The comic series follows the original team, which is arguably the most well known/popular of all the casts from tv. The book itself is easily accessible for new readers, but it actually starts a little later along than the show did, skipping a MAJOR plot point. *20+ year old spoiler alert* (A new student at the team's school turns out to be an "evil" ranger sent by the big bad to destroy them. He later ends up turning and joining the team.) At first I had issues with this decision, but afterwards I understand the creative team maybe not wanting to just rehash old stories, and work towards building something unique.

Anyways, to the new series itself. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and actually think it presents itself better as a comic than a low budget action show (obviously I'm not their demographic anymore). I've only read the Year One HC, but the story seems to moving in an interesting direction. The art is surprisingly better than i was expecting from BOOM!, and the book itself has a really nice build, though a bit pricey imo. 100 pages (no kidding) of the collection are dedicated to variant covers. While I think the nostalgia is definitely strong with this one, if you enjoy action driven team books with some nice character moments, i don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm eagerly awaiting the Year Two HC.
    Last edited by awayne83; 04-14-2018 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I was really into MMPR as a kid. It came out in the US when i was in middle school, so the perfect time for me to enjoy a show like that. The concept is basically a bunch of high schoolers are intrusted with special coins that let them morph into their respective rangers and also control special mechs called "zords". They are mentored into protecting the Earth (usually just there town though it seems lol) from the main antagonist and his/her cronies.

Just for a bit of back info, there have been many "reincarnations" of the tv series. I haven't kept up with most of them, but the show usually reboots itself every couple years, bringing in a new cast, designs, mechs/weapons, antagonists or status quos, whatever. The comic series follows the original team, which is arguably the most well known/popular of all the casts from tv. The book itself is easily accessible for new readers, but it actually starts a little later along than the show did, skipping a MAJOR plot point. *20+ year old spoiler alert* (A new student at the team's school turns out to be an "evil" ranger sent by the big bad to destroy them. He later ends up turning and joining the team.) At first I had issues with this decision, but afterwards I understand the creative team maybe not wanting to just rehash old stories, and work towards building something unique.

Anyways, to the new series itself. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and actually think it presents itself better as a comic than a low budget action show (obviously I'm not their demographic anymore). I've only read the Year One HC, but the story seems to moving in an interesting direction. The art is surprisingly better than i was expecting from BOOM!, and the book itself has a really nice build, though a bit pricey imo. 100 pages (no kidding) of the collection are dedicated to variant covers. While I think the nostalgia is definitely strong with this one, if you enjoy action driven team books with some nice character moments, i don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm eagerly awaiting the Year Two HC.
    Thanks for the extensive reply. Why do the include 100 pages of that to the book and dare asking that much for it? I saw it for around €40. I think that is the top of what I'm willing to pay for this. I'll see if I can find some issues online to get a good impression.

Personally, I liked the variant cover collection.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Personally, I liked the variant cover collection.
    I think I'll like it too, but not if I have to pay that much extra for it.

My most recent haul during the past couple of weeks. I've been picking up a lot of BKV books (I've read these series before but they're all pretty great). I've managed to get each book for about $10 now that Marvel and DC have announced omnibus collections (or Absolute collections in the case of Y Last Man). Also, I'm continuing my run on Fables!

IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg

Mighty Member

Ugh...global frequency. I like ellis, but that was not my cup of tea

I know this is a silly question but Can anyone give me some advice on how to read omnibuseses comfortably? I bought a whole bunch of DC and Marvel omnibuseses before I had any indication they would release in paperback (flash silver age, etc...). I prefer paperback, but I’m stuck with these big books. I’ve tried sitting on a chair and reading on a table, and that lasts only half an issue due to back problems. I also travel a lot, and typically like to bring them with me.......any advice, I would be very greatful......and I apologize if there’s already a thread for this.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I know this is a silly question but Can anyone give me some advice on how to read omnibuseses comfortably? I bought a whole bunch of DC and Marvel omnibuseses before I had any indication they would release in paperback (flash silver age, etc...). I prefer paperback, but I’m stuck with these big books. I’ve tried sitting on a chair and reading on a table, and that lasts only half an issue due to back problems. I also travel a lot, and typically like to bring them with me.......any advice, I would be very greatful......and I apologize if there’s already a thread for this.
    Sitting on a couch or bed, knees up, feet/heels near your butt, book resting against your thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Sitting on a couch or bed, knees up, feet/heels near your butt, book resting against your thighs.
    I just tried it and it works! My back isn’t hurting and my butt feels soooooo good. Thank you OMB....was super concerned about my back and my butt at first, but this position is so satisfying. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Wolfsbane; 04-16-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I almost exclusively read mine in bed lying on my side. Book lays flat and i prop myself up a bit with a pillow under my arm/side. I can read comfortablely like this for a quite a while, unless i get sleepy!
    Last edited by awayne83; 04-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Ease of reading is my biggest reason for getting omniboos. Prop them up on your lap and then no hands needed (other than to turn the page).