Page 837 of 865 FirstFirst ... 337737787827833834835836837838839840841847 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I still see their posts on Facebook, promoting new series and there were some new collections but I felt like I've reached a good jumping off point with the series I've started. Last thing I got was the Imperium dlx but I haven't read it yet.
    I may buy the 4 available omnis then, hopefully I’m not remembering them through rose tinted glasses

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

VALIANT had a management change that had/has many diehards leery, me included.
    That said they are still publishing material. They are re-tooling another 90s concept for a December launch, The Visitor.
    They have something fairly big forthcoming that they are teasing on Twitter.

They also just two weeks ago released their 4th Classic Omnibus, Bloodshot. The Dlxs keep coming.

A "jumping off" point, I mean sure, in the sense Marvel or DC might have one but the universe is still growing and building. One could've left after say the "All New" era but things kept developing. Same for Valiant, wherever you left the rest of us kept watching things grow and evolve. Come on back anytime.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I wish there was a way Valiants Magnus Robot Fighter run could
    Be collected in omnibus
    That was a lot fun, especially the first 25 issues or so;
    Same for Solar Man Of The Atom.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I wish there was a way Valiants Magnus Robot Fighter run could
    Be collected in omnibus
    That was a lot fun, especially the first 25 issues or so;
    Same for Solar Man Of The Atom.
    And Turok, dinosaur hunter

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    My the comic gods hear this request!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

At the mention of the name "Turok", the choir said "Amen".
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Incredible Member

Hey guys what are everybody’s thoughts on Archie? The reboot that was started with Mark Waid, I’ve noticed that they’re putting that run out in “varsity editions” which look pretty nice. What are people’s thoughts on this series? How long is the run and is it still ongoing now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Hey guys what are everybody’s thoughts on Archie? The reboot that was started with Mark Waid, I’ve noticed that they’re putting that run out in “varsity editions” which look pretty nice. What are people’s thoughts on this series? How long is the run and is it still ongoing now?
    I've read the first Varsity edition. It was fairly cheap for a deluxe but it feels a bit cheap too, especially the paper but I've seen worse.
    The story is fun but it's more cartoony and simplistic than I've expected. Not in a bad way, but I really felt like I was watching a Sunday morning cartoon written by a really good writer who is fully aware he is writing a cartoon.
    I'll get the second volume because it was enjoyable but I have other slice of life type comics I enjoy more (Giant days being my favorite, This one summer, Sunstone, Kiss number 8)

All-New Member

I read that these would be available at participating LCS for “local comic book shop” day. 750 print run.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Waid wrote 32 issues. It then reverted to Legacy numbering for 700, Nick Spencer took over and its still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    The Irredeemable series is getting a paperback omnibus next year, similar to an Invincible Compendium. Would that be worth a pick up? I know The Boys kind of has the 'evil Superman' premise covered right now, but I don't mind reading more.
    I really really liked Irredeemable. Re read it this year after like 5 or 6 years and it still held up.
    The art is kinda just okay but the story is very good and unlike the Boys, it comes from a writer who truly loves Superman (for the record: I like the Boys too).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Waid wrote 32 issues. It then reverted to Legacy numbering for 700, Nick Spencer took over and its still ongoing.
    I did not know this but I love when Spencer gets to write something light hearted or funny so looking forward to reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I really really liked Irredeemable. Re read it this year after like 5 or 6 years and it still held up.
    The art is kinda just okay but the story is very good and unlike the Boys, it comes from a writer who truly loves Superman (for the record: I like the Boys too).
    Wasn't there a companion series too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Wasn't there a companion series too?
    Yes, Incorruptible. They have a crossover, IIRC it's two issues, but they recap the gist of Incorruptible, so you don't have to read it to understand Irredeemable.
    It's a very good series tho (especially when Marcio Takara takes over on art, there were a few dodgy ones before) but I don't think there is any bigger edition other than the 7 tpbs.