Page 706 of 865 FirstFirst ... 206606656696702703704705706707708709710716756806 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,590 of 12974
    Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snade View Post
    Well, I'm kinda new here. So hello everyone
    Here's my last week's haul.
    Attachment 50998
    You missed a Hellblazer. Vol 16 is out.

Fantastic Member

I have no idea. I'm guessing it's going to be in one fat trade considering the previous story was collected in one volume.

Today I moved into some student accommodation in Glasgow to do some research at a local institute over Summer, I already love this city! I mean, I'm two doors from Subway...

Anyway... It is annoying when you move into temporary accommodation and it has better book storage than your actual home!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Diamond Books published a Valiant 2017 book catalog (http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...alogID=4201330). A lot of books are published as backlist (A&A deluxe 1, Rai deluxe 1 etc.). Does this mean that they will be available again?
    That's annoying. I've managed to track down many of these at cover price (or slightly above). There are a few I'm still missing however, and the asking prices online are absolutely ridiculous.

Now, whether or not anyone's actually paying $100+ for a $39 Shadowman Deluxe Edition, is another story...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That's annoying. I've managed to track down many of these at cover price (or slightly above). There are a few I'm still missing however, and the asking prices online are absolutely ridiculous.

Now, whether or not anyone's actually paying $100+ for a $39 Shadowman Deluxe Edition, is another story...
    I only paid cover for Book of Death but I don't mind since I really liked that one. If I paid more than £20 for Shadowman I would be pissed. I'm considering selling mine but it affects Ninjak so I feel like I'm held hostage by a crappy book

Spectacular Member

I need some help with the Valiant stuff. I've got the first two tpb's of XO but am debating whether to just get rid of them and pick up everything in HC. I've done some research and there's two points I can't seem to find an answer for. If anyone could help that'd really be great.
    1. I know a lot of titles cross over with each other (XO/Unity etc), which format makes all this easier to follow?
    2. Has every series been released in HC? I know Valiant's done a lot of mini's. Have they all been released too?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    I need some help with the Valiant stuff. I've got the first two tpb's of XO but am debating whether to just get rid of them and pick up everything in HC. I've done some research and there's two points I can't seem to find an answer for. If anyone could help that'd really be great.
    1. I know a lot of titles cross over with each other (XO/Unity etc), which format makes all this easier to follow?
    2. Has every series been released in HC? I know Valiant's done a lot of mini's. Have they all been released too?
    Thanks in advance!
    with X-o the 3rd dlx is collected in its entirety in the Armor hunters deluxe. So you should pick up vol1-2, Armor hunters dlx and Vol 4. Some of Unity is collected in Armor hunters too and I think one issue in the Faith dlx. I was debating to get the trades but so far I've only bought deluxes and the 2 trades weren't that much cheaper than the hc so I went with the Unity dlx.
    As for minis, not all of them got released in hc. So far there are only one for Divinity, Imperium the continuation of Harbinger is not in hc and I think there was a geomancer series that's not collected either. Some are a bit early in their run like Delinquents and Eternal warrior and hopefully will get collected later.
    Valiant deluxes tend to go oop quite fast and according to the company CEO they won't ever be reprinted. I tried to argue with him on twitter but he was convinced there is no point reprinting them, the trades are fine. Which is bs but I guess he didn't really want to say that they are a small company and they just simply can't afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    with X-o the 3rd dlx is collected in its entirety in the Armor hunters deluxe. So you should pick up vol1-2, Armor hunters dlx and Vol 4. Some of Unity is collected in Armor hunters too and I think one issue in the Faith dlx. I was debating to get the trades but so far I've only bought deluxes and the 2 trades weren't that much cheaper than the hc so I went with the Unity dlx.
    As for minis, not all of them got released in hc. So far there are only one for Divinity, Imperium the continuation of Harbinger is not in hc and I think there was a geomancer series that's not collected either. Some are a bit early in their run like Delinquents and Eternal warrior and hopefully will get collected later.
    Valiant deluxes tend to go oop quite fast and according to the company CEO they won't ever be reprinted. I tried to argue with him on twitter but he was convinced there is no point reprinting them, the trades are fine. Which is bs but I guess he didn't really want to say that they are a small company and they just simply can't afford it.
    I didn't know a faith dlx had be released, how did I miss that? How many issues does it collect and where is it on the scale of archer and Armstrong (good) to quantum and woody (bad)?
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 06-29-2017 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I didn't know a faith dlx had be released, how did I miss that? How many issues does it collect and where is it on the scale of archer and Armstrong (good) to quantum and woody (bad)?
    it only collects 4 issues and I think one issue from Unity. I think they try to milk this since Faith is basically their mascot now. Haven't read it yet so can't comment on the quality although it wouldn't really be relevant since I really enjoyed Q&W.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I have no idea. I'm guessing it's going to be in one fat trade considering the previous story was collected in one volume.
    Ah I see. Any idea when Sunshine might be wrapping up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    What is Ranx about? Notr heard of that.

I have the Borgias book, best of the bunch by a long shot. I think I am missing one of the Manara books, either one of the Erotica one or one of the main series.
    Main character is cyborg and pretty much criminal. He has 14 years girlfriend who is prostitute and drug addict, sniffs glue and cocaine like crazy. There is huge amount of swearing and violence, this book was famous for that when published in 80's. It's Italian so that would explain some of it, but still it's not for everyone. Not sure has it been published in English.

Heavy Metal published it in the US iirc. Not sure if some of it was censored, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'd say average. Mostly cos i disliked the art. The Marguerite Sauvage stuff used for the fantasy sequences was a much better fit, imo.
    Buuuuut, i really like Q&W, so take what I say with a grain of salt. :P

My haul of June.

I know, I'm one sick puppy with all those Crossed books.

Also managed to get biggest whale in my collection, which is Durham Red vol 3. This doesn't exist, you can't find it, you can't buy it or at least it used to be like that. Been looking for this book for a year and haven't even seen somebody willing to sell.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 07-01-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it only collects 4 issues and I think one issue from Unity. I think they try to milk this since Faith is basically their mascot now. Haven't read it yet so can't comment on the quality although it wouldn't really be relevant since I really enjoyed Q&W.

Not going to bother at 5 issues, felt a bit ripped off by the other small Valiant deluxe (which for the life of me I can't remember the title) the one with the Russian cosmonaught, they could have waited and released a regular sized dlx as I believe the Russian one has had other arcs released since