Page 780 of 865 FirstFirst ... 280680730770776777778779780781782783784790830 ... LastLast
Results 11,686 to 11,700 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Just a quick heads up: Messiah Complex can be read on its own. It was my first modern X Crossover event and I still love it until today. Many criticize the event for a shift towards the more "cinematic" storytelling but in my opinion they tend to forget the huge build up towards this event after House of M. I would suggest to read the great X-Men Endangered Species as a prelude and at least a part of the Carey run, X-Men: Blinded by the Light which can be also seen as a prelude to Messiah Complex.

For Second Coming: The Cable series is considered to be really really good and adds a lot of story between the two pillar-events. The UXM issues in between were not too well received and it is not a great run but it can help to get a better understanding of what's going on. The first trades of X-Men Legacy (the newly named X-Men Vol. 2 after Messiah) were also pretty great and do follow Prof. X after the "shocking" ending of the first crossover.

I had the most issues with the the New X-Men part of Messiah because I did not know ANY of the characters PLUS they all keep talking about THE ATTACK on the school (which is shown in the also very very good Childhood Ends Vol. 1-5 which are heavily OOP and for some reason did not get the complete collection treatment yet).

I hope you enjoy the experience!
    Thanks for this information!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Thanks for this information!
    while poolovision's info is great, if you don't feel like tracking all these down I think you will be fine just getting the main event collections. I mean, it's the X-men, there always will be some holes in the continuity you have no idea about.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Party-Man View Post
    Hi, folks.

I need some help from you, pleased. I received yesterday a brand new copy of ‘Gotham Central Omnibus’ with a gap, a space, between the hardcover and the spine of the book.
    - Should I replace because it’s defective or it’s a common binding process, stage, with the manufacturing age?
    - How to prevent this to other books of the same type?
    - How to fix it?

Thank you very much.
    As long as the ribbon (little piece of 'cloth' that's glued along the spine) is still attached to the spine, than that's how it should look - I'll go one further and say that, this is how all HCs' spines should look. Some Publishers are better than others in that respect. I'm thinking of Dark Horse in particular, most of Image's OHC's are like that as well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I have a new sealed Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus which I wish to offload. If anyone's interested, shoot me a pm.

Latest:

That's a war heavy lot there! You are still getting a lot of books LJ even after you got LJ jr., do you have time to read all them or saving most of it for your retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    That's a war heavy lot there! You are still getting a lot of books LJ even after you got LJ jr., do you have time to read all them or saving most of it for your retirement?
    It‘s that time of the year again where I tend to read a lot of war books, so that‘s why.
    I do have time to read after the little nipper goes to bed - at least for now as when my wife‘s going back to work, I‘ll have to move my office work to the late evenings and early nights.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    It‘s that time of the year again where I tend to read a lot of war books, so that‘s why.
    I do have time to read after the little nipper goes to bed - at least for now as when my wife‘s going back to work, I‘ll have to move my office work to the late evenings and early nights.
    ah yeah I have these yearly periods too when I crave certain genres.
    I guess it must be hard balancing free time with a baby. Although when they go to school (which won't be any time soon though) will be easier.

All-New Member

Hi, guys! When I picked up JLI Omnibus from Amazon a few months ago, I was worry about its spine because the pages were coming off the sewing. Now, the book looks like this:

Upper side:
    IMG_0207.jpg

Bottom side:
    IMG_0208.jpg

As you can see, the upper side seems to be way worse than the bottom, and the spine cracks every time I open the book, so now I'm worried about it falling apart. What do you think? Should I be worried or not? Thanks!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by earbudds View Post
    Hi, guys! When I picked up JLI Omnibus from Amazon a few months ago, I was worry about its spine because the pages were coming off the sewing. Now, the book looks like this:

Upper side:
    IMG_0207.jpg

Bottom side:
    IMG_0208.jpg

As you can see, the upper side seems to be way worse than the bottom, and the spine cracks every time I open the book, so now I'm worried about it falling apart. What do you think? Should I be worried or not? Thanks!
    It looks like the decorative glued ribbon is partially coming off but your page block is fine and all together. I find those glossy covered DC omnibus’ crack a lot. Noticed it with Batman and Robin omnibus
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 03-24-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by earbudds View Post

Upper side:
    IMG_0207.jpg

Bottom side:
    IMG_0208.jpg

Similar thing is happening with my Swamp Thing BA Omni. I also have the JLI Omni, but haven’t physically read it because I had just read the run in digital a couple months before it came out. The current Marvel omnibuses seem to be better built than DC’s...but I only have 2 DC omnis versus 6 Marvels. Anyone think one company’s builds are better than the other?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Similar thing is happening with my Swamp Thing BA Omni. I also have the JLI Omni, but haven’t physically read it because I had just read the run in digital a couple months before it came out. The current Marvel omnibuses seem to be better built than DC’s...but I only have 2 DC omnis versus 6 Marvels. Anyone think one company’s builds are better than the other?
    I have both Marvel/DC omnibus's with the decorative spine ribbon slightly unglued. Some brand new. Not a structural problem
    Marvel is still a bit better overall but DC tends to have better thicker paper.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I have both Marvel/DC omnibus's with the decorative spine ribbon slightly unglued. Some brand new. Not a structural problem
    Marvel is still a bit better overall but DC tends to have better thicker paper.
    Agree on the paper quality...DC’s is better.

And I just took a look at my JLI Omni...same thing is happening to the top

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Agree on the paper quality...DC’s is better.

And I just took a look at my JLI Omni...same thing is happening to the top

I dont even mind the Marvel paper but the DC paper on their Bronze/Silver omnibus' is great.
    I have all kinds of non comic book spine ribbons not 100% glued/attached. I just never noticed.
    Btw, your picture doesnt show up on my tablet.

Yeah... having a brain fart on how to link images. Doesn’t even show on my end, haha