Page 102 of 865 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I've been looking up the deluxe version of Final Incal at places like Bookdespository, and it is showing as preorder, with a release date of July 17th 2014. Is there a second run happening?
    Same book, just the lot that was allocated for Humanoids UK. Mine just shipped from amazon.co.uk over the weekend.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Same book, just the lot that was allocated for Humanoids UK. Mine just shipped from amazon.co.uk over the weekend.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Spectacular Member

I just found the metabarons ultimate collection on amazon.co.uk. for £32, Excited to get that in. Also I've almost got all the elephantmen hardcovers. What I'm eager to find out is, will their be a 7th volume hardcover with all the usual extra goodies in those books?

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Don't be surprised if the people working in the depot got in the spirit of the World Cup and decided to use your copy as a rectangular football.

Never mind

Could someone please run me through the various collections of The Incal?
    Theres so many editions and reprints and split up versions that im getting really confused. The Incal is the Black Incal???

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Theres so many editions and reprints and split up versions that im getting really confused. The Incal is the Black Incal???
    I'll just copy and paste my post from a few pages ago. It lists the three recent Humanoids versions. Hope that helps:

"The "Deluxe" one - that's not actually its name - is a slipcased, Absolute-sized collection (10x13 inches), that's been OOP for ages. New copies start at $650 on Amazon.

There's also a smaller, also OOP collection (HC, 8x10 inches), that might be reprinted later this year (not sure; new copies at $380).

Then there's the six coffee-table books, which are huge but beautiful (12x16 inches). Although having a limited print run of 999 copies each, they all seem to be still available. To me, those are the definite edition of the Incal (you also might pay less for those overall than for a new copy of the small HC atm).

EDIT:

Just had another quick look at Amazon.com (Marketplace).You can get the six books for between $50-80 each (most of them around 50), so that would indeed amount to less than $380."

Oh, and everyone allow me a totally out of context and even more so off-topic YYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!, followed by a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-14-2014 at 06:01 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Oh, and everyone allow me a totally out of context and even more so off-topic YYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!, followed by a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's the occasion?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

A well deserved world championship I would presume

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    A of course, silly me.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

That obvious?

But yeah. Man, that was awesome. I knew we'd go far this WC, but didn't think we'd win the whole thing! Glad to have been proven wrong. (Btw, really sucks for you guys - again you played great football and came so close; you just GOTTA win it at some point!)

Anyway, back on topic: Amazon.co.uk has finally shipped my copy of Final Incal as well!

Oh, and speaking of Jodo - Amazon.co.uk has had White Lama in stock since Friday, while .de still doesn't, saying it'll only be out in September. That is very strange since with comics (especially Humanoids) they usually share their stock. Hopefully it'll be in stock at .de sooner (although I actually have a huuuge back log anyway).

That's a though one. I'm only missing DenZ myself (which was published in Penthouse Comix if I'm not mistaken), but I have them in (really nice) Dutch editions not the US ones which are a lot harder to come by. Some extra Corben collections like that "Creepy presents..." volume for all his underground/ self published work would be very welcome indeed.
    I got some cheap heavy metals to fill in the gaps, the story is really all over the place but Corbens magic is strong.
    Nice oversized for his underground work you say, we can only hope
    But Den should be in separate volume right? it's few hundred pages alone, and there's this thing with reprint rights too..

Btw, amazon.co.uk have one copy of the Technopriests Supreme Collection (the Absolute-sized slipcase) in stock, for £60, if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    I got some cheap heavy metals to fill in the gaps, the story is really all over the place but Corbens magic is strong.
    Nice oversized for his underground work you say, we can only hope
    But Den should be in separate volume right? it's few hundred pages alone, and there's this thing with reprint rights too..
    Den as a separate volume would definitely be the best way to go. The ones I have are 6 relatively thin volumes (without DenZ, which would be vol.7) which would easily fit in a single collection. Don't know if there are any rights problems, I think he has full control of the rights on most of his underground stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Okay, so after some research, and input from the boardmembers, I've figured the following out:

The original "The Incal" series is made up of the following books:

1. The Black Incal
    2. The Luminous Incal
    3. What lies beneath
    4. What is above
    5. The Fifth Essence #1: The dreaming galaxy
    6. The Fifth Essence #2: Planet Difool

"The Incal" refers to the entire collected series. You can get each individual book right now for about $50-$80 give or take on various websites. These are 12 x 16" coffee table size editions. There is a 9.4 x 12.6" deluxe version that is called "The Incal: The Classic Collection" which collects the entire 6 albums, like an omnibus. This is OOP. There is also a regular 8 x 11 HC that is also OOP, but is due for a reprint this year sometime. I think it's been reprinted several times already. I know my LCS still has a copy gathering dust.

Then there is "Before the Incal" which is a prequel to the original series. It was collected in two editions by Humanoids as "Before the Incal: The Classic Collection" in a 9.4 x 12.6" deluxe edition, as well as the regular 8 x 11 HC. Both are OOP. The regular HC is due for a reprint this year (I think.)

Then there's "After the Incal" and "Final Incal." Moebius died before finishing After the Incal, and another artist was found to finish it. The entire thing is collected as, "Final Incal." Humanoids published a deluxe 9.4 x 12.6", as well as the 12 x 16" $500 coffee table version.

I think that's it as far as the English versions go. At least, that's what I've managed to come across over the past few days since I decided to buy these. I'm sure someone can correct me on this. (There really should be a thread for The Incal alone, or this info posted on the first page. It's a series that most people are interested in as soon as they start venturing outside of the typical North American super hero comics.) Personally, the coffee table versions are way too big for me. I already went ahead and ordered Final Incal. I will wait for either re-releases of the deluxe versions of the original series and Before the Incal, or if that'll never happen, I will hunt for them on eBay if I can get them for an okay price. I am not a stickler on paying above retail (within reason) so long as it is the version I want. It's the price I pay for missing the boat. And I don't mind reading these things out of order, which is why I went and ordered Final Incal. I've been reading Metabarons out of order, and when I got back into comics a few years ago, I started with Final Crisis and worked backwards as well as reading the New 52 all at the same time. So I'm used to reading things out of whack.
    Last edited by pud333; 07-14-2014 at 09:53 AM.