Page 103 of 865 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Den as a separate volume would definitely be the best way to go. The ones I have are 6 relatively thin volumes (without DenZ, which would be vol.7) which would easily fit in a single collection. Don't know if there are any rights problems, I think he has full control of the rights on most of his underground stuff.
    Than someone needs to approach him, hes what, 74 now? and you know how those old masters can be grumpy
    But seriously, it should be done properly, he deserves it, here is an interesting review about his innovative coloring techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Okay, so after some research, and input from the boardmembers, I've figured the following out:

The original "The Incal" series is made up of the following books:

1. The Black Incal
    2. The Luminous Incal
    3. What lies beneath
    4. What is above
    5. The Fifth Essence #1: The dreaming galaxy
    6. The Fifth Essence #2: Planet Difool

"The Incal" refers to the entire collected series. You can get each individual book right now for about $50-$80 give or take on various websites. These are 12 x 16" coffee table size editions. There is a 9.4 x 12.6" deluxe version that is called "The Incal: The Classic Collection" which collects the entire 6 albums, like an omnibus. This is OOP. There is also a regular 8 x 11 HC that is also OOP, but is due for a reprint this year sometime. I think it's been reprinted several times already. I know my LCS still has a copy gathering dust.

Then there is "Before the Incal" which is a prequel to the original series. It was collected in two editions by Humanoids as "Before the Incal: The Classic Collection" in a 9.4 x 12.6" deluxe edition, as well as the regular 8 x 11 HC. Both are OOP. The regular HC is due for a reprint this year (I think.)

Then there's "After the Incal" and "Final Incal." Moebius died before finishing After the Incal, and another artist was found to finish it. The entire thing is collected as, "Final Incal." Humanoids published a deluxe 9.4 x 12.6", as well as the 12 x 16" $500 coffee table version.
    There are also the old epic comics editions, which is 3 volumes, in the original colours.
    The Graphitti designs HC that collects those 3 volumes, which is signed by Moebius and hard to find (1500 copies).
    2 TPB's (3 albums per TPB) published by DC/Humanoids that have the ghastly recolouring.

So...why exactly are these collections so expensive? £40 for a 48 page HC seems pretty insane.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Btw, amazon.co.uk have one copy of the Technopriests Supreme Collection (the Absolute-sized slipcase) in stock, for £60, if anyone's interested.
    ....now they seem to have 6 in stock at £29.99 each !

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    So...why exactly are these collections so expensive? £40 for a 48 page HC seems pretty insane.
    Limited print runs. Usually 999 of each book produced. They're also being marketed as boutique products released to fill a small niche with extremely dedicated fans.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

My replacement copy of Final Incal arrived today, in far better condition than the previous one, and 200 places lower in the number count, 504!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    ....now they seem to have 6 in stock at £29.99 each !
    No, that is the smaller edition (which looks exactly the same on Amazon). This is the large one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technopriest...=technopriests

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Limited print runs. Usually 999 of each book produced. They're also being marketed as boutique products released to fill a small niche with extremely dedicated fans.
    Something like that yes.

If someone wants to read incal, and you don't know what to expect, than best way would be to wait for that deluxe hc reprint,
    it's still a nice book and you won't spend a lot for something that might not be your cup of tea.
    And if you can't wait there is digital format at their website, i hope they will print enough of those books and stop playing oop game so everyone can enjoy it.

Oh, and everyone allow me a totally out of context and even more so off-topic YYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!, followed by a WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please know that I hate you... We've lost to Germany and those two Polish dudes so many times... Then again, at least we lost to such an amazing adversary, you guys deserve the cup. And thank you so very much, we'll never forget how you guys raped Brazil. It was awesome.

Overall, I'm terribly proud of the way Argentina's National Team played. Our attackers performance was lucklustre at times (we had the best chances and wasted them), but in general our team gave its all.

Congratulations and hopefully we won't be seeing you in Russia 2018!
    Last edited by JohnHorus; 07-14-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Please know that I hate you... We've lost to Germany and those two Polish dudes so many times... Then again, at least we lost to such an amazing adversary, you guys deserve the cup. And thank you so very much, we'll never forget how you guys raped Brazil. It was awesome.

Overall, I'm terribly proud of the way Argentina's National Team played. Our attackers performance was lucklustre at times (we had the best chances and wasted them), but in general our team gave its all.

Congratulations and hopefully we won't be seeing you in Russia 2018!
    LOL. Kinda funny. Brazil thanked our team for not letting Argentina win at the Maracana, now you thank them for beating Brazil decisively.

Yeah, that was a closer contest than I'd hoped (but fully expected - our team doesn't play too well against very defensive teams). Thanks though for an exciting match that turned out to be a worthy final.

Anyway, going cold turkey on football now is weird. Means I gotta read more comics again.

LOL. Kinda funny. Brazil thanked our team for not letting Argentina win at the Maracana, now you thank them for beating Brazil decisively.

Yeah, that was a closer contest than I'd hoped (but fully expected - our team doesn't play too well against very defensive teams). Thanks though for an exciting match that turned out to be a worthy final.

Anyway, going cold turkey on football now is weird. Means I gotta read more comics again.
    Well, that's football for you! You'll always hate the neighboring country more! I mean, you basically raped Brazil, and they still supported Germany instead of Argentina in the finals.

Now, let's go back to comics! I got today my Big Damn Sin City from Amazon today after I managed to have my account reactivated. Fortunately, Amazon didn't remove the special cardboard box like they did with Colossal Conan and the book arrived in great shape!

Incredible Member

Finally finished Fear Agent. Lots of fun. I enjoyed the first half better than the last half, and I felt the ending was sappy but fitting I suppose for the book. Probably pick up Strange Girl next.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Amazon.com have put up an image of The Star Wars Deluxe Edition:

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon.com have put up an image of The Star Wars Deluxe Edition:

Wow, looks nice! What is the content?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

...terrible.

There is a reason it was a first draft.