Page 108 of 865 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Finishing up the 3rd Library Edition of Hellboy and damn, it's getting better and better story-wise!

The art has been amazing since the start but I found the story good but not that good.

Fantastic Member

The Archaia solicited HCs:

SPERA: ASCENSION OF THE STARLESS VOL. 1 OGN HC
    Retail Price:$24.99
    Authors: Josh Tierney
    Artist: Giannis Milonogiannis, Atelier Sentô, Mindy Lee, Sourya Sihachakr, and Valentin Seiche
    Cover Artist: Afu Chan

THE MUSICAL MONSTERS OF TURKEY HOLLOW OGN HC
    Retail Price: $24.99
    Authors: Roger Langridge
    Artist: Roger Langridge
    Cover Artist: Roger Langridge

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Finishing up the 3rd Library Edition of Hellboy and damn, it's getting better and better story-wise!

The art has been amazing since the start but I found the story good but not that good.
    It gets even better: vol.4 has some great short stories, and the Richard Corben stuff is excellent. Also, the story really starts coming together in vol.5. Duncan Fegredo's artwork is amazing too. It's a different (but somewhat similar) style to Mignola, but better suited to the epic story told in vols.5-6. That trilogy of story arcs is just freaking awesome!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Cool, I hope valiants omnis have a better binding than their deluxes, I hated the days of glued marvel omnis, all mousetrappy and all
    I didn't have a problem that the deluxes were glued, but I would prefer a sewn one for future releases. Hopefully their Omni line will be sewn for books that large. Gotta give Valiant the props. For an company that just returned two years ago? They're sure coming out strong with some of these bigger releases.

On another note, I'm contemplating on what format to get Invincible in! I would love to get the Library Editions, but if they aren't going to continue that then yeah.. Judging by the Ultimate Collections, they could definitely do a 4th one but not a 5th one yet, since they haven't done a Volume 10. I'm not going to pick up the Ultimate Collections because I would much rather save shelf space, I've seen how much they take up and if it's gonna keep on going then no thank you to that! I'm leaning towards the Compendiums though i really wish they did them in Hardcover.
    Last edited by TheTemp; 07-17-2014 at 05:39 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I can really recommend the Ultimate Collections. They have tons of extra's (tons) and theya re worth the money evrn tough it takes up a lot of room
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So, should the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Century hc from Knockabaout be released this week or next? the release date was july 17 on bookdepository but it's currently unavailable, and it's july 24 on amazon but I would swear it was the 17th on amazon too just 2 days ago. Was it pushed back a week?
    Should be next week according to the distributor website: http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/954

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Should be next week according to the distributor website: http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/954
    Thanks! Tried to check Knockabaout's website but the latest update was Roses of Berrling in february.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    It gets even better: vol.4 has some great short stories, and the Richard Corben stuff is excellent. Also, the story really starts coming together in vol.5. Duncan Fegredo's artwork is amazing too. It's a different (but somewhat similar) style to Mignola, but better suited to the epic story told in vols.5-6. That trilogy of story arcs is just freaking awesome!
    It took me awhile to get used to Corben's art since it was completely different than Mignola's. At least his stories suited his art I thought. Fegredo's stuff is just amazing, basically it's Mignola without the minimalism (basically if you don't like Mignola's art due to lack of detail, like I know some people have said on this board, Fegredo will fix that for you).
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    It took me awhile to get used to Corben's art since it was completely different than Mignola's. At least his stories suited his art I thought. Fegredo's stuff is just amazing, basically it's Mignola without the minimalism (basically if you don't like Mignola's art due to lack of detail, like I know some people have said on this board, Fegredo will fix that for you).
    I love Mignolas but Fegredo just blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post

I think the contents of the 2nd LE are pretty good too. When I first read Seeds of destruction and Wake the devil, I was a bit bored by them, but after the 3rd time I started to love those too. But The Chained Coffin and Others (especially the Corpse) and Conqueror Worm are just simply awesome, I think those are my favourites but I like the later stories too, which are based on the Arthurian legends more than the Lovecraft stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I love Mignolas but Fegredo just blew my mind.

I think the contents of the 2nd LE are pretty good too. When I first read Seeds of destruction and Wake the devil, I was a bit bored by them, but after the 3rd time I started to love those too. But The Chained Coffin and Others (especially the Corpse) and Conqueror Worm are just simply awesome, I think those are my favourites but I like the later stories too, which are based on the Arthurian legends more than the Lovecraft stuff.
    I think my favorite Hellboy stories are always the one offs where he's just dicking around doing missions or wandering around getting into random scenarios. I'm hoping that the Hellboy/BPRD series with Maleev will fill that itch for me.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

This arrived today:

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Question for the omni collectors:

Which pieces of Marvel Team-Up #100 does the relatively recent Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 collect? Is it just the Storm/Black Panther story? Or does it also include the introduction of Karma?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Question for the omni collectors:

Which pieces of Marvel Team-Up #100 does the relatively recent Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 collect? Is it just the Storm/Black Panther story? Or does it also include the introduction of Karma?
    I'd say hit up the Marvel Collected Editions thread they should be able to help you out better.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I think my favorite Hellboy stories are always the one offs where he's just dicking around doing missions or wandering around getting into random scenarios. I'm hoping that the Hellboy/BPRD series with Maleev will fill that itch for me.
    Yeah I really enjoy the one offs as well and have similar hopes for the HB/BPRD series...

I absolutely adore the entire HB run collected in the 6 LE volumes. I love Mignola's artwork and Fegredo really kicked ass too. There is some utterly jaw-dropping work in every volume afaic. Personally, I really enjoyed the "pulpier" tone of those first 3 volumes a lot.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    I've been offered a replacement or a 50% discount. Not sure what to do: I'll be waiting weeks for a replacement, but might be able to glue the slipcase back together...
    For the price you paid for that book, replacement all the way. You've waited this long to get it, what's another month?