Page 109 of 865 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    This arrived today:

I've been curious about this one. Any chance of getting some interior pics?

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Recently finished reading BPRD: Plague of Frogs HC Vol. 1. It was quite an interesting and enjoyable read for the most part. A mixed bag due to some one shot stories and also due to the various writers and artists. The art by Guy Davis and Adam Pollina and others was great to look at and I enjoyed Mignola’s writing. spoilers:
    In particular, I liked the camaraderie between the BPRD members as well as their “fond” flashbacks of Hellboy. Especially poignant were Roger’s feelings of guilt and how he cherished Hellboy as a true friend. The only story I didn’t take to (other than the Guy Davis art) was Dark Waters by Bryan Augustyn in which I felt Augustyn spent more time pushing his pro liberal agenda and stereotyping individuals than giving us a good solid story. Fortunately it was his only work in the book.
    end of spoilers Otherwise, a pretty good read. I remember some of you mentioning that the later volumes get even better, right?

Excellent presentation and quality of the book. I like how Dark Horse put everything in so you feel a completeness by getting every story, small and big.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Recently finished reading BPRD: Plague of Frogs HC Vol. 1. It was quite an interesting and enjoyable read for the most part. A mixed bag due to some one shot stories and also due to the various writers and artists. The art by Guy Davis and Adam Pollina and others was great to look at and I enjoyed Mignola’s writing. spoilers:
    In particular, I liked the camaraderie between the BPRD members as well as their “fond” flashbacks of Hellboy. Especially poignant were Roger’s feelings of guilt and how he cherished Hellboy as a true friend. The only story I didn’t take to (other than the Guy Davis art) was Dark Waters by Bryan Augustyn in which I felt Augustyn spent more time pushing his pro liberal agenda and stereotyping individuals than giving us a good solid story. Fortunately it was his only work in the book.
    end of spoilers Otherwise, a pretty good read. I remember some of you mentioning that the later volumes get even better, right?

Excellent presentation and quality of the book. I like how Dark Horse put everything in so you feel a completeness by getting every story, small and big.
    Yes, the later volumes are better. It will be more like one big story and not just collection of one shots. Also, Guy Davis drew most of those.

Fantastic Member

Yep BPRDPOF vol 1 is good. Things start to get awesome in vol 2...

I don't mind some one shots though.

One day Humanoids will release a cheap and affordable edition of The Incal. In the meantime, I'm going to dream about it while I read how happy you are with the Deluxe editions.

Why don't you go for a Spanish edition? Or is that one out of print?
    I have the Norma editions of "EL CAZADOR CAZADO" and "Inside Moebius" and they're excellently produced books.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Why don't you go for a Spanish edition? Or is that one out of print?
    I have the Norma editions of "EL CAZADOR CAZADO" and "Inside Moebius" and they're excellently produced books.
    Whooops! I always forget that one exists. Norma puts such ridiculous prices to its latest books that I've stopped checking their catalogue.

I think I saw some books resembling that edition two days ago... I'll have to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    One day Humanoids will release a cheap and affordable edition of The Incal. In the meantime, I'm going to dream about it while I read how happy you are with the Deluxe editions.
    There will definitely be a reprint at some point. I mean they are even reprinting "Before the Incal", and the original series is much more popular and in demand. However, it might take them a while to do so. So if you can get your hands on a different version (especially one in a larger format), I'd go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    There will definitely be a reprint at some point. I mean they are even reprinting "Before the Incal", and the original series is much more popular and in demand. However, it might take them a while to do so. So if you can get your hands on a different version (especially one in a larger format), I'd go for it.
    I think I'm going to stick with the Spanish edition aaltomouto showed me, even if it's reduced size. But thanks for the advice, mein lieber Freund.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Question for the omni collectors:

Which pieces of Marvel Team-Up #100 does the relatively recent Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 collect? Is it just the Storm/Black Panther story? Or does it also include the introduction of Karma?
    It does not include the introduction of Karma, but does have the Storm/Panther story.

Amazing Member

I think I'm going to stick with the Spanish edition aaltomouto showed me, even if it's reduced size. But thanks for the advice, mein lieber Freund.
    Last week I bought the Spanish editions of "Before the Incal" & "The Technopriests" and I 'm really happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Probably cheaper importing through amazon.co.uk then. They still have plenty of copies in stock. Or BD.
    gave this a shot...came to about 115 USD :/

There's a reprint of The Incal coming in September. It was heavily talked about a few pages back and I mentioned TFAW already have preorders up at $35. Not sure how much more affordable it can get.
    Last edited by momaw; 07-18-2014 at 08:20 PM.

All-New Member

Does anybody own or have any knowledge about this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Alf...my+destination ?

Really expensive, and just appears to be a regular sized hardcover, can't seem to find much information on it, at a glance. It is probably so few pages, for that kind of money, that i won't buy it regardless, but wow the artwork looks incredible.