Page 112 of 865 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    What are you guys' opinions on the two Snowpiercer HCs? Are they true to the current film? Worth reading? TIA
    I liked Snowpiercer but more for its really nice art then for the story. The premise was very very interesting but they only scratch de surface IMO.
    Didn't see the movie yet so can't make any comparison on that.

Big Damn Sin City arrived from Amazon today. The box was beat to hell so they had put it in a sack. Considering the condition of the box the book was surprisingly ok. The edges are a little bent but I knew buying a book this big from amazon I wasn't going to get it in perfect nick. Still, I paid less than half if I bought it locally so while I'm not 100% happy, it's about what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Am I the only person on this message board with zero interest in these Incal books?.

Nope. There are two of us. I read some of it a long time ago and it wasn't my cup of tea. Not knocking those who love it, just didn't want you to feel all alone.

Spectacular Member

I never quite get the love Instocktrades gets over Cheapgraphicnovels. Both, in my experience are fine retailers who try to please their customers, but there comes a point right around 110 bucks that CGN is a better deal than IST. Makes sense to use IST on smaller orders due their free shipping, but on medium size orders or larger that quickly goes away. CGN overs that 50% off all Marvels and Dc's, whereas IST only on select books. How does CGN not win that discussion every time?
    trying to be nicer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I never quite get the love Instocktrades gets over Cheapgraphicnovels. Both, in my experience are fine retailers who try to please their customers, but there comes a point right around 110 bucks that CGN is a better deal than IST. Makes sense to use IST on smaller orders due their free shipping, but on medium size orders or larger that quickly goes away. CGN overs that 50% off all Marvels and Dc's, whereas IST only on select books. How does CGN not win that discussion every time?
    Especially when people really seem to like that extra 2% discount, a 5% seems better. The only thing cheaper on ist is some eurobooks cgn only puts on for 10-20% off, and ist usually beats that if only by a hair

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Especially when people really seem to like that extra 2% discount, a 5% seems better. The only thing cheaper on ist is some eurobooks cgn only puts on for 10-20% off, and ist usually beats that if only by a hair
    The thing I'm not digging about IST lately is that their shipping has gotten really slow. Do they only ship on Wednesdays now? I may have to check out CGN. How is CGN's shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I personally am partial to Instocktrades over Cheapgraphicnovels. I live in California so the cost of shipping, with the sales tax adds at minimum another 15-20 bucks to my order. However, when I did order from them the packages arrived in a pristine condition, and a lot quicker than orders I place with IST.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    The thing I'm not digging about IST lately is that their shipping has gotten really slow. Do they only ship on Wednesdays now? I may have to check out CGN. How is CGN's shipping?
    Not any better if my recent experience is typical. I ordered something on a Saturday a couple weeks ago and didn't get the shipping notification until the following Wednesday.

I have placed dozens of orders on IST both small and large and haven't had one book arrived with a hint of damage. Last year I placed my first CGN order during the Marvel Omnibus clearance and ended up having to return two damaged books. Never again.

FYI, Farel Dalrymple's The Wrenchies (which was supposed to be released in September) is in stock at Amazon.

If you like weird, beautiful comics as much as me, please do give it a chance. Here are some pages:

Considering all this recent talk about Amazon not packing their books properly, I went ahead and created a petition at Change.org. It would be really cool to gather as much signatures as possible. Of course, it'd be awesome if you guys helped promoting it!

I really don't know how effective this Change.org website can be, but we don't lose anything by trying.

Anaway, here's the petition!

Signed. I would even be willing to pay an extra few dollars for better protection, even though I shouldn't have to, just so that I know amazon won't ruin any more of my books.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Signed. I would even be willing to pay an extra few dollars for better protection, even though I shouldn't have to, just so that I know amazon won't ruin any more of my books.
    Yeah, me too! Thanks man!

By the way, I'll be posting the petition at the CLASSIC COMICS & COLLECTED EDITIONS section so that more people see it! So if a moderator feels the need to erase my previous post on this thread there's no problem at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    IST's shipping seems really, really slow lately. CGN seems to ship within a day or two.

Got these books in yesterday. It's a shame Lose #1 isn't collected in "A body Beneath"