Page 113 of 865 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    It's a shame Lose #1 isn't collected in "A body Beneath"
    Read the opening two-pager, "Context". It explains why #1 is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Considering all this recent talk about Amazon not packing their books properly, I went ahead and created a petition at Change.org. It would be really cool to gather as much signatures as possible. Of course, it'd be awesome if you guys helped promoting it!

I really don't know how effective this Change.org website can be, but we don't lose anything by trying.

Anaway, here's the petition!
    But you'll never know if it worked because they banned you.

Finished "Technopriests" and "White Lama" this weekend. Both great books with excellent art (particularly Georges Bess; definitely gonna get "Son of the Gun").

However, they both aren't as good as "Metabarons" and, although having completely different settings, the stories are very similar (SPOILER: boy growing up as an outsider, then fighting against adversity and undergoing different trials to, with the help of a spirit guide, find spiritual enlightenment and eventually lead humanity towards a better future).

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Read the opening two-pager, "Context". It explains why #1 is missing.
    Yeah I read that. But I disagree

Finished "Technopriests" and "White Lama" this weekend. Both great books with excellent art (particularly Georges Bess; definitely gonna get "Son of the Gun").

However, they both aren't as good as "Metabarons" and, although having completely different settings, the stories are very similar (SPOILER: boy growing up as an outsider, then fighting against adversity and undergoing different trials to, with the help of a spirit guide, find spiritual enlightenment and eventually lead humanity towards a better future).
    Welcome to Jodorowsky comics, that is pretty much his template (often with some loss of limbs thrown in for good measure)

Yeah I read that. But I disagree
    Because you read #1?

Welcome to Jodorowsky comics, that is pretty much his template (often with some loss of limbs thrown in for good measure)
    Come to think of it, "The Incal" is of course also similar, but then again it is more absurd and humorous. "Metabarons" is quite different from those two.

I actually don't mind reading those "spiritual journey" stories. Perhaps I just shouldn't have read them back to back. But after having finished "Technopriests" I wanted to read something different (space vs 19th century Tibet - how much more different could it be?), which then turned out to be almost the same story.

Have you seen any of his movies? those deal in the some of the same themes (especially El Topo and Santa Sangre).

Haven't read Lose #1, but I don't mind reading rough early work. Watching an artist grow better and more confident on the page is a reward in itself IMO. That said, If he wants to keep #1 out of print he is obviously free to do so (a bit like Clowes does with Lloyd Llewelyn).

Haven't read Lose #1, but I don't mind reading rough early work. Watching an artist grow better and more confident on the page is a reward in itself IMO.
    True. Reading all of Blueberry last year and seeing how Giraud developed into the artist that eventually became Moebius (and even beyond that) was a great experience. I've also begun to read the JSA Omnibus now (need a break from Euro-comics for a minute) and there's very early work from Michael Lark in there, which only slightly resembles what he did later on.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    But you'll never know if it worked because they banned you.
    Actually, they reopened my account a couple of weeks ago, though they didn't reopen my friend's.

It's really disappointing how many people complain about Amazon's packaging but don't do anything at all.

True. Reading all of Blueberry last year and seeing how Giraud developed into the artist that eventually became Moebius (and even beyond that) was a great experience. I've also begun to read the JSA Omnibus now (need a break from Euro-comics for a minute) and there's very early work from Michael Lark in there, which only slightly resembles what he did later on.
    Yeah, the contrast between early and mid period Blueberry is pretty astonishing. Once you hit the "Dutchmen's mine" story he has completely shaken of the style of his mentor Jije and you see the early Moebius peeking trough.

Is the work Lark did in JSA in the vein of his Terminal City work? I really liked his work on that series.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    IST's shipping seems really, really slow lately. CGN seems to ship within a day or two.
    Opposite for me, although for some reason IST is upgrading my shipping.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's usually due to the weight of what you're ordering and where you are; shipping Fedex can be cheaper for them in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My last two orders from IST have taken close to two weeks to ship.

Is the work Lark did in JSA in the vein of his Terminal City work? I really liked his work on that series.
    Haven't read Terminal City.

I think there's actually only two issues by Lark in there. One at the very beginning (ca. 1999) and one at the end (from around 2003, I think). The first one features some run-of-the-mill late 1990s superhero artwork, but the latter looks almost like his Daredevil work.

Having finished The Incal, Before the Incal, Metabarons and Metabarons Castaka I have now started on Technopriets.

Are we sure this was really written by Jodorowsky?

I only asked because Ulritch the Red raped the Albino's mother but 2 pages later she wasn't in love with him?