Page 119 of 865 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    I must confess I needed to use Jesse Nevin's annotations to understand some of Century (especially the ending of 1999), but then I had no what so ever problems reading it

In a way, I'm quite happy with them taking their time. Hopefully they'll work on LOEG vol. 4 (supposed to be big and complex) at the same time. There's also almost too much good stuff coming out the next couple of months
    Yeah, I don't quite understand everything that goes on in Century, but I still quite enjoy it. I would rank the books as V1+2, Heart of Ice, Roses of Berlin, Century, then Black Dossier. If there is a LOEG v4, I really hope it is epic and grand. In Roses, O'Neill's art was amazing, but I felt Moore took a step back from the story and allowed it to be the O'Neill show. With the next volume, I hope there's more of a balance. It is clear to me I prefer the stories set in the past, than in today's society. That's when the LOEG is best.

Wow great stuff there aaltomuoto! You got to let me in on which auction sites you use. Wait... maybe you shouldn't for my wallets sake

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Hey I was looking at picking up bouncer : one armed gun slinger (humanoids) was wondering if anyone knew if there are any books that come before this one. Ive seen a couple on amazon in hardcover (cains eye and executioners mercy) and I dont want to accidentally double dip. Thanks guys
    So far there are 9 volumes published in Europe. Cain's Eye and Executioner's Mercy are volume 1 and 2. "Bouncer: One Armed Gunslinger" collects volumes 3, 4 and 5, which is a complete story.

Hopefully volume 6 and 7 will also get collected by Humanoids, since that's another great story. Volume 8 and 9 are published through Glénat, so an English release is not very likely unfortunately. You will get complete stories though picking up volume 1 and 2, and the one armed gunslinger collection.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 07-27-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

In case anyone else is interested, looks like Forbidden Planet have some copies of The Legend of the Scarlet Blades oversized & numbered edition in stock, for £26.21 plus shipping:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/106699-l...ion-hardcover/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Wow great stuff there aaltomuoto! You got to let me in on which auction sites you use. Wait... maybe you shouldn't for my wallets sake

So far there are 9 volumes published in Europe. Cain's Eye and Executioner's Mercy are volume 1 and 2. "Bouncer: One Armed Gunslinger" collects volumes 3, 4 and 5, which is a complete story.

Hopefully volume 6 and 7 will also get collected by Humanoids, since that's another great story. Volume 8 and 9 are published through Glénat, so an English release is not very likely unfortunately. You will get complete stories though picking up volume 1 and 2, and the one armed gunslinger collection.
    Awesome thanks for the info!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Hey I was looking at picking up bouncer : one armed gun slinger (humanoids) was wondering if anyone knew if there are any books that come before this one. Ive seen a couple on amazon in hardcover (cains eye and executioners mercy) and I dont want to accidentally double dip. Thanks guys
    I have a copy I was looking to sell. If you want, I can let you have it for less than what you'd pay on amazon. I havent even read this copy, so it's pretty much brand new. Id be putting the money towards either Nausicaa or the new hardcover of Naja from Magnetic Press. I read the first few issues of it digitally and it is a pretty cool story about assassins. Everyone should check it out, here are some preview pages...

And the info...

Naja is the perfect killer because she feels nothing… literally. Her body registers no pain, nor does her heart, coldly executing jobs given to her by her mysterious boss, known only as “Zero.” When another killer in Zero’s organization targets Naja for elimination, she has no choice but to fall off the grid and seek answers, as bloody as they might be…
    Last edited by johnsme; 07-28-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Fantastic Member

Does anybody knows if Naja and Zaya limited slipcased editions already has been released?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

What is you guys consensus on Death Note? I watched a few random episodes from the anime back then and I remember it being an extremely well developed story. Has anybody read it? I'm currently eying the box set
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Does anybody knows if Naja and Zaya limited slipcased editions already has been released?
    They have been somewhat delayed. They posted a message on facebook regarding the status of their books. I'll post it here since you and other might not be on FB:

Hello from SDCC! Taking advantage of a sliver-thin window of wifi connectivity from the floor, we wanted to quickly update everyone on the status of all current books, as there have been some questions about shipping dates. Here's the skinny:

- SUPER-EGO: In stores and on shelves! If you can't find it, ask your local store to order it, or buy it from our webstore (magneticpress.bigcartel.com)!

- NAJA: The books are indeed at our warehouse, as well as Diamond's warehouse. We fully intended, in absolute good faith, to have all webstore pre-orders shipped last week, but in perfect honesty, we got completely overwhelmed prepping for the convention. Being a small, personal operation, we just got spread thin and under the gun. In addition, we were also waiting for the signed prints back from Bengal for the slipcase bundles, which only just arrived this past Monday. (French mail is notoriously unpredictable...) With that said, we WILL be shipping all webstore orders for Naja and Naja LE bundles next Tuesday when we return from the show. The book is expected to hit comic stores on Weds 30th. We apologize that pre-orders couldn't arrive before store dates, but they should get to you very close to that date!

- ZAYA: The books have reached Long Beach, and are currently sitting on the boat awaiting customs clearance. They should deboard early next week, meaning they should reach our warehouse by the end of next week (barring unexpected delays). Once they are checked in, we'll get all pre-orders out within that week. Street shelf date will either be August 13 or 20th, depending on how soon they reach Diamond.

- MEKA and WASTED LANDS OMNIBUS: The books are finished, printed, and are now on a boat crossing the Pacific Ocean. They are expected to reach Long Beach on or around August 5th, which should put it in our warehouse around the 12th-15th. Orders will ship within the week we receive it. Store dates will be approximately 2-3 weeks after that. We'll keep you posted! (*Note: if we come back from SDCC with any of our advance copies left in stock, we will fill as many pre-orders as we can next week, starting with the earliest pre-order received.)

- DOOMBOY: The book is at the printers now, and proofs have been approved! We'll keep you posted on expected ship dates from this point forward.

- LUMINAE: Translation has been finished and approved, files have been sent to the printer. Now awaiting proofs.

We have a few more titles to announce soon (folks who visit our booth this weekend will get a sneak peek of one of them), so stay tuned! And keep spreading the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    @aaltomuoto
    Wow, where did you find this Moscow book from Moebius? I've seen it only few times for more then $1000 on eBay.
    At a Dutch auction site, pretty local so that definitely helps keeping the price down

The $1000+ prices are pure wishful thinking on the sellers part though. On auctions it normally goes for around €200, and mostly well below that.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Mostly catawiki & bobbedoes, with some ebay thrown in for good measure. It was an expensive week, that's for sure

Mighty Member

Anyone who knows if it's possible to buy 4th world omnibus vol. 2 (preferably the tp.) at a reasonable (which 2-300 dollars isn't) price? Needs to be able to ship to Sweden also.

Also, anyone who knows why vol. 2 is so incredible hard to come by compared to v.1,3 and 4?

Love the books. Got 3 and 4, but I'm holding back on buying 1-2 till I find 2 at a price that isn't insane.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    What is you guys consensus on Death Note? I watched a few random episodes from the anime back then and I remember it being an extremely well developed story. Has anybody read it? I'm currently eying the box set
    I would recommend you to get the Death Note black editions instead of the box set.
    Each book is 2 volumes of the smaller ones, and in a bigger format
    Plus (that might not be true anymore) I got the complete set cheaper than buying the box set.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Anyone who knows if it's possible to buy 4th world omnibus vol. 2 (preferably the tp.) at a reasonable (which 2-300 dollars isn't) price? Needs to be able to ship to Sweden also.

Also, anyone who knows why vol. 2 is so incredible hard to come by compared to v.1,3 and 4?

Love the books. Got 3 and 4, but I'm holding back on buying 1-2 till I find 2 at a price that isn't insane.
    amazon.de ?
    also, try to search it on this site: isbns.tk

Mignola Hellboy AE $89 plus shipping from BD via Amazon.com Marketplace (this one can also be shipped overseas!):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    amazon.de ?
    also, try to search it on this site: isbns.tk
    Thanks a lot for the links!

Says on amazon.de that the delivery time is 1-2 month. On a Slovenian site it's also over a month. Is it even possible? Any guess why that is, out of stock perhaps? Should I give it a chance?