Page 123 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223623 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Nice, you won't regret it. Sorry Dorktron, it really is one stunning book! There are still some copies out there for less than cover price. I've already posted a link to Forbidden Planet (that's the best UK price I could find), and just found it on CGN for $37.50.

I didn't pay anywhere near cover price, but I think customers deserve better than "not that bad" for a $150 book. DC pretty much nailed it with the Sandman Omni vol.1, but quality seems to be slipping again. It's not just the mousetrap/laying flat issue, but the long-term durability of the book. I'm genuinely worried my Invisibles Omni is going to fall apart the next time I read it.
    Ah thanks for the CGN link! I was gonna get it on amazon to like $10 more than that. I dont know why I dont check CGN more often for things.

And yeah I am with you on DC's omni binding issues. If they wanted to keep not doing a high quality job, they could have at least not shown us they could if they wanted to.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Nice, you won't regret it. Sorry Dorktron, it really is one stunning book! There are still some copies out there for less than cover price. I've already posted a link to Forbidden Planet (that's the best UK price I could find), and just found it on CGN for $37.50.

I didn't pay anywhere near cover price, but I think customers deserve better than "not that bad" for a $150 book. DC pretty much nailed it with the Sandman Omni vol.1, but quality seems to be slipping again. It's not just the mousetrap/laying flat issue, but the long-term durability of the book. I'm genuinely worried my Invisibles Omni is going to fall apart the next time I read it.
    I'm not saying DC doesn't have a lot of room for improvement, but it seems like a lot of people tend to exaggerate the issues their omnis have. What's wrong with your Invisibles book? Mine looks the same as it did before I read it; same with all the others.

Amazing Member

Default July purchases

I've found out that I buy more than I can read.........

DSCF1167.jpg
    DSCF1168.jpg
    DSCF1170.jpg

Before the Incal & Technopirests are Spanish editions

Hows the build of the Wonderland omnibus?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    I'm not saying DC doesn't have a lot of room for improvement, but it seems like a lot of people tend to exaggerate the issues their omnis have. What's wrong with your Invisibles book? Mine looks the same as it did before I read it; same with all the others.
    I've long since given up with DC Omnibus not bought one for ages now, just so much of a pain having to hold the pages down. If these books were $50 it would be easier to live with but at $99-$150 I don't believe I should have to compromise, especially when the problem is just so ridiculous. Every other publisher I buy hardcovers from can manage great bindings with ease, even on humongous behemoths like the Dark Horse books, it's a poor situation when my dirt cheap hardback novels have better bindings than a $150 premium collectors edition book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I had no idea it even existed, only the other day I did a search for other collected Zenescope editions and still didn't spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Are Moebius books just unbelievably expensive? Is there any U.S. publisher putting out his books? I can't believe 200 bucks is my only option.
    Graphitti Designs still have 6 volumes of their old signed/numbered HC series in stock for $50 each, which is an absolute bargain. Of those only #7 collects Moebius' sci-fi work though ("The Goddess" aka Edena Saga 3 & "The Horny Goof"), the others are all Blueberry collections. The brunt of his sci-fi work was collected in the first three HC's of that series and they are very hard to find for an acceptable price.
    If you are somewhat fluent in French or Spanish you can always get the sci-fi stuff in one of those languages since almost everything is in print there at the moment.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Ah thanks for the CGN link! I was gonna get it on amazon to like $10 more than that. I dont know why I dont check CGN more often for things.

And yeah I am with you on DC's omni binding issues. If they wanted to keep not doing a high quality job, they could have at least not shown us they could if they wanted to.
    No worries! I've never used CGN as their international shipping is too expensive, but thought I'd check just in case they had stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    The entire book block bulges outwards, rather than being nicely rounded, and a few signatures towards the middle of the book feel like they're coming loose from the glue. What annoys me is that DC obviously know how to produce good-quality books (eg. Absolutes), but just seem unwilling to do so with the Omnibus range.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Graphitti Designs still have 6 volumes of their old signed/numbered HC series in stock for $50 each, which is an absolute bargain. Of those only #7 collects Moebius' sci-fi work though ("The Goddess" aka Edena Saga 3 & "The Horny Goof"), the others are all Blueberry collections. The brunt of his sci-fi work was collected in the first three HC's of that series and they are very hard to find for an acceptable price.
    If you are somewhat fluent in French or Spanish you can always get the sci-fi stuff in one of those languages since almost everything is in print there at the moment.

That is helpful, Spanish is an option!

In that case, look into Norma editorial's catalogue of Moebius books. They have all the stories that epic published in the 80's & 90's and even some of the later books.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    In that case, look into Norma editorial's catalogue of Moebius books. They have all the stories that epic published in the 80's & 90's and even some of the later books.
    Guys, if you ever need info, or if you want me to send something from Spain, just let me know it

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    It's a paperback omnibus of around 1000 pages. You can see the binding in these pics :

DSCF1171.jpg
    DSCF1172.jpg

I always try to grab HC instead of Papaerback, but sometimes there is no other choice. However, I have several paperback omnibus and only one bad experience so far (Witchblade vol1)

I may hit you up in that ru1880. Maybe some stuff from the Breccia bros or Alack Sinner.

Also, I'm so happy that IDW is re-printing Corto Maltese! There's even going to be collected art-sized HC editions.

Now if they can also get Pratt's Gli scorpioni del deserto or his works with Oesterheld El Sargento Kirk & Ernie Pike.

Edit: or even an ENG printing of this
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Johnny P. Sartre; 08-02-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    I may hit you up in that ru1880. Maybe some stuff from the Breccia bros or Alack Sinner.

Also, I'm so happy that IDW is re-printing Corto Maltese! There's even going to be collected art-sized HC editions.

Now if they can also get Pratt's Gli scorpioni del deserto or his works with Oesterheld El Sargento Kirk & Ernie Pike.

Edit: or even an ENG printing of this
    welcome back

WIN_20140803_140027.jpg

Finally got it. Now I can move to other things.

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

Does anyone know when Fantagraphics is going to release Pravda?

Also, am I the only one who bought the Incal when Self Made Hero had it?
    Last edited by Prince Disarming; 08-03-2014 at 07:55 AM.