Page 125 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 12974

Is the 1946-1947-1948 BPRD collection going to be one omnibus or will there be multiples like Plague of Frogs?

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Is the 1946-1947-1948 BPRD collection going to be one omnibus or will there be multiples like Plague of Frogs?
    Right now, it's a done in one book. If they continue the 1940's series, I guess they could release more in the future, but 1946-7-8 collects the three existing series.

the Plague of Frogs OHC
    technically, it's a standard hardcover *pushing glasses up on my nose*
    and commenting on your next comment: it will be one book, collecting 3 trades (like each Plague of frogs book collected 3 trades)

I agree, and to me the OHC are the taller books. NZ_Inferno's post says omnibuses are OHC, though, so I'll claim to just be trying to play by the rules.

I agree, and to me the OHC are the taller books. NZ_Inferno's post says omnibuses are OHC, though, so I'll claim to just be trying to play by the rules.
    well, it is thicker than a regular 6 issue hc but it is the standard height (26 centimeters). ohc-s are usually 28 cm high.
    It is amazing that how uninterested my casual comic book fan friends in these topics, like height or spine uniformity
    Last edited by Balakin; 08-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.

There are few things I hate more than when publishers decide to switch spine design. I mean, I don't care if different titles have different spines, but my fifth volume of The Goon TPB is different from the rest (I think it's the first printing) and I die a little inside every time I see it.

Spectacular Member

Re trades

Personally I am getting ready to make the leap back into digital. I gave it a shot on an Ipad about three years ago and it just never felt good to me. But three years later and having even more storage problems and the improvement of ereaders, I think it is time again to give them a try.

Once you go digital, the convenience and portability of trade paperbacks lose their value.

If I successfully convert, I suspect I will be only a hardcover collector at that time.
    trying to be nicer

Fantastic Member

I recently stumbled across a nifty custom bound hardcover of Promethea #1-12. Now im eyeing up the Absolute 2 + 3 in order to get the rest of the story. Does anyone have them? Can I get some pics and some info on the quality and what extras there are? They are insanely cheap right now, so if you guys say they are good quality Im gonna get them instead of waiting a year or however long for Immateria.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I was just looking at getting some Grendel. I read some reviews of the omnibus and I hear that they are not quite ideal since they do not go chronologically in the order the books came out. Instead they try to bundle the different iterations of Grendel together. So i've been looking into trying to read and buy it all in hardcover. I am not 100% sure (there isnt much info I have been able to find by googling), but I think it is possible to get all of it in hardcovers. Except for Grendel Batman, which is uber expensive in hardcover since it was limited to 300 copies.
    The stories are told in chronological order. I think what you're confusing is that long after Matt Wagner thought he was done telling Hunter Rose tales, he went back and wrote some never-before-told stuff, so obviously that came out later. However, they are put together in proper reading order.

Also, I don't think you can get them all in hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I thought about buying the Grendel Omnibus and I love the Hunter Rose books in particular. The Cyborg stories didn't interest me as much. I think there are several books about Grendel's female successor too? I love the Batman books. Grendel manages to be genuinely scary and charming. I think there is a Black, White, and Red book by different creators that is terrific as well. Hunter Rose is like Ozymandias, Bullseye, David Bowie, and the Joker all in one. A sane Joker so to speak.
    There were a number of incarnations of Grendel, since Grendel is technically an essence, or something like that. The Black. White, Red, etc. books are collected in the first omnibus and are about only Hunter Rose. Matt Wagner writes all of them, but teams up with a ton of superstar artists.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Re trades

Personally I am getting ready to make the leap back into digital. I gave it a shot on an Ipad about three years ago and it just never felt good to me. But three years later and having even more storage problems and the improvement of ereaders, I think it is time again to give them a try.

Once you go digital, the convenience and portability of trade paperbacks lose their value.

If I successfully convert, I suspect I will be only a hardcover collector at that time.
    Quite enjoying my Marvel Unlimited subscription and have to agree. I am reserving my library shelves for nice hardcovers at this point.

What is sorely needed however is a 13 inch iPad. The current version is just a bit too small to be comfortable for reading.

Amazing Member

I just saw that the cover image has changed on amazon's listing for the Saga deluxe HC.

I really hope that this is the final one they're going with, after all the fuss there was over the breastfeeding image on the cover of the very first issue.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post
    I just saw that the cover image has changed on amazon's listing for the Saga deluxe HC.

I really hope that this is the final one they're going with, after all the fuss there was over the breastfeeding image on the cover of the very first issue.

After seeing all the weird nudity and other shit in some of the issues I really don't give a shit about breastfeeding anymore haha. Definitely getting the hc
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

One of my friends said he won't buy it if this is the final cover. I don't think he has a problem with breasts or babies, he just thinks it's a bad cover (probably he would prefer spaceships, explosions and hot chicks). His loss.
    To be honest, I don't understand the fuss about covers. Most of the time people only look at the spines not the covers. I think I have several books that I can't recall the cover of (like BPRD covers or superhero books, with general posing and stuff like that).
    Of course I appreciate a nice cover, but not buying a book you are interested in just because the cover is not your cup of tea?
    Last edited by Balakin; 08-07-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Personally I think it's a boring cover. Fiona Staples has done some fantastic covers for Saga and this is just meh. I really hope the book comes with a cover gallery.

Which post is that, I make so many its hard to keep track

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post

I had hoped they would change that cover, its really average compared to the Saga TPB covers I've seen.