Page 126 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 12974
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I had hoped they would change that cover, its really average compared to the Saga TPB covers I've seen.
    The TPB covers are just repurposed cover art from the original issues, aren't they? I like that we're getting original covers for the deluxe editions, and apparently it's part of a theme - the deluxe HC covers will each show Hazel at a different point in her life. Which makes sense, given the time-jump between issue 18 (the final one collected in this first HC) and 19 (which will kick off the next).

I don't feel offended at all, but I really hate this cover. It's boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post
    The TPB covers are just repurposed cover art from the original issues, aren't they? I like that we're getting original covers for the deluxe editions, and apparently it's part of a theme - the deluxe HC covers will each show Hazel at a different point in her life. Which makes sense, given the time-jump between issue 18 (the final one collected in this first HC) and 19 (which will kick off the next).
    You might be right, Saga is Hazel's story, but that cover doesn't reflect what happens in the book. Wish they make alternative covers.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Is the 1946-1947-1948 BPRD collection going to be one omnibus or will there be multiples like Plague of Frogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by jelybely8 View Post
    Right now, it's a done in one book. If they continue the 1940's series, I guess they could release more in the future, but 1946-7-8 collects the three existing series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    technically, it's a standard hardcover *pushing glasses up on my nose*
    and commenting on your next comment: it will be one book, collecting 3 trades (like each Plague of frogs book collected 3 trades)
    Back when the 1940s series kicked off it was intended to go on into the 50s, but that plan changed, and when 1948 came out it was meant to end it. Sort of. Mike Mignola's been kicking around the idea of doing Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. with John Arcudi for a long time. The first arc, 1952, will begin in December, picking up with the characters from 1946-1947-1948. Also, B.P.R.D. Vampire is its own series, and when it goes to hardcover it will likely get its own omnibus or set of omnibuses if it accumulates enough material.

So B.P.R.D. 1946-1947-1948 will be the only omnibus volume in that particular series.

And the pages in the omnibuses are the same size as a regular trade paperback. However, they do have expanded sketchbook sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post
    It's a thematic cover. When all the Saga hardcover collections have been released, I'm sure we'll see a unity in the design of the covers. Personally, I like how understated it is.

The valiant hardcovers look interesting

My arrivals for this week (so far). The new Dutch Majoor Fataal (a.k.a The Hermetic Garage) is indeed a thing of beauty. A much better edition than the french super oversized of a few years ago since that used some dodgy art sources for certain pages.

Kinda shame that Moebius' body of work is not properly collected in English (and sometimes Spanish and French).

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I had hoped they would change that cover, its really average compared to the Saga TPB covers I've seen.
    I had hoped they would change the content inside. Yeah, I'm the weirdo who dislikes the few he has read of Saga.

Lol, I actually haven't read it yet. :P

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Kinda shame that Moebius' body of work is not properly collected in English (and sometimes Spanish and French).

I had hoped they would change the content inside. Yeah, I'm the weirdo who dislikes the few he has read of Saga.
    Really Diamond? I have read the first 6 issues and I loved them (altough, like I said, it can get a tad too weird sometimes (Sextilon anyone?)). I'm very excited for the hardcover
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

According to IST, there are new printings of Before the Incal and The Incal coming on 9/24/2014. I found Before the Incal for pre-order here on Amazon, but I can't find The Incal. Am I missing something or it just isn't on Amazon yet?

Fantastic Member

Bought Morrison's Zenith Limited Edition for $275. Am I crazy? It is the most expensive comic book I ever bought

Nah; it's a lot of money but a crazy buy from time to time never hurts anybody. I always have some money reserved on my savings account for the chance that something that's very hard to get will become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Bought Morrison's Zenith Limited Edition for $275. Am I crazy? It is the most expensive comic book I ever bought
    Well, it will be released in 4 hardcovers, so maybe...? Does it have anything extra that the 4 phases won't have other than it is in one volume?
    Or dou you value it more because it is a limited edition? I wouldn't but if you fancy rare stuff I say it worth it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Well, it will be released in 4 hardcovers, so maybe...? Does it have anything extra that the 4 phases won't have other than it is in one volume?
    Or dou you value it more because it is a limited edition? I wouldn't but if you fancy rare stuff I say it worth it.
    I like all this limited stuff, honestly. And it's only 1000 copies, so... I wanted it but never seen cheaper then $500 at ebay

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Iwas Bordeaux today and couldn't resist findinh a nice BD shop. I ended up in a place called BD Fugue which is both a cafe/bar and a comic book shop. It was very nice and the employees were very friendly. I took some pictures for the Moebius fans here 20140808_160339.jpg
    It made me a bit sad I don't speak a word of French.
    I also saw tons of French translations of American comic books including a very nice series of white Batman hc's including a complete Court of Owls and various Loeb/Sale hc's I would have loved to own
    20140808_161246.jpg

If you are ever in Bordeaux you should pay a visit, it's very nice
    20140808_191251.jpg
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47