Page 127 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 12974

I bought 2 of the white batman hc. Very nice book and bigger than normal ohc. It's special edition for the 75th anniversary of batman all black and white edition.

Most Moebius stuff is hard to get in English, but right next to the Moebius stuff is books by Frederik Peeters, another awesome artist. His books are somewhat easier to get hold off. Check out his Blue Pills, Sandcastle, Pachyderme, Koma and Aama.

Spectacular Member

Anyone know what the first 3 grafitti designs moebius books look like or contain? Ive never even seen what they look like

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by buytradestuff View Post
    Quite enjoying my Marvel Unlimited subscription and have to agree. I am reserving my library shelves for nice hardcovers at this point.

What is sorely needed however is a 13 inch iPad. The current version is just a bit too small to be comfortable for reading.
    Apologies for the slightly off-topic post and for quoting myself, but wanted to mention that I was never a Marvel reader prior to the Unlimited subscription. I will definitely be re-upping next year to continue to enjoy the stories.

I also have been spending a lot more on premium, large format books as I have started to value the paper more for an overall aesthetic and experience, than purely to read a story.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Some items I picked up at my LCS and Barnes and Noble last week

image_zpsf0508f9b.jpg

I thought the hardcover looked really cool so i snagged it up in store at B&N
    image_zps52a4300d.jpg
    image_zpsb620fd02.jpg

image_zpsc3d0d1dc.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    I thought the hardcover looked really cool so i snagged it up in store at B&N
    image_zps52a4300d.jpg
    image_zpsb620fd02.jpg

image_zpsc3d0d1dc.jpg
    I love that line of books from Barnes & Noble. I've only got Pride and Prejudice at the moment, but want to get them all.

Quote Originally Posted by PrankT View Post
    I love that line of books from Barnes & Noble. I've only got Pride and Prejudice at the moment, but want to get them all.
    They have an ongoing sale right now (I don't know when it ends) where this line is ten dollars a piece for classic novels with embossed hardcovers

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Anyone know what the first 3 grafitti designs moebius books look like or contain? Ive never even seen what they look like
    This is what they look like:

Graphitti moebius 1 collects Epic Moebius 1-3 (Upon a Star; Arzach; Airtight Garage)
    Graphitti moebius 2 collects Epic Moebius 4-6 (The Long Tomorrow; Gardens of Aedena; Pharogenesia)
    Graphitti moebius 3 collects Epic The Incal 1-3

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoveryReader View Post
    Apologies for the slightly off-topic post and for quoting myself, but wanted to mention that I was never a Marvel reader prior to the Unlimited subscription. I will definitely be re-upping next year to continue to enjoy the stories.

I also have been spending a lot more on premium, large format books as I have started to value the paper more for an overall aesthetic and experience, than purely to read a story.
    To continue your off topic, Samsung make a 12.2" tablet if you want some oversized digital comics.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Really Diamond? I have read the first 6 issues and I loved them (altough, like I said, it can get a tad too weird sometimes (Sextilon anyone?)). I'm very excited for the hardcover
    What can I say? Except Runaways and some parts of Ultimate X-Men I've never liked Vaughan's writing, so I it shouldn't be a surprised but still... Saga (and a great deal of Vaughan's comics) reads too much like the storyboard for a TV series and I'm convinced that if you strip out all the weird stuff, you get an average story.

But that's my opinion, of course.

All-New Member

Guys, can u tell me about this one http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/ad...html?&cat=2827 and why i can't find it on amazon?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    What can I say? Except Runaways and some parts of Ultimate X-Men I've never liked Vaughan's writing, so I it shouldn't be a surprised but still... Saga (and a great deal of Vaughan's comics) reads too much like the storyboard for a TV series and I'm convinced that if you strip out all the weird stuff, you get an average story.

But that's my opinion, of course.
    I think the power of Saga (at least for me) lies in the small moments, the moments where BKV's characterization shines. Like this little panel

The crazy sci-fi action is just a added bonus for me. It's the Marko-Alana realtionship that makes the book for me
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Amazon currently has a Buy 3 get 30% off deal going on books (maxed at a paltry $10 off). Any bit helps!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1002981611

I just ordered the Snowpiercer books and Before the Incal (pre-order) and it worked!

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Went a bit crazy this week...

First up, a bunch of heavily discounted, remaindered FB/D&Q books:

...completed the Incal coffee-table set:

...and finally, this monster: