Page 129 of 865 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    According to IST, there are new printings of Before the Incal and The Incal coming on 9/24/2014. I found Before the Incal for pre-order here on Amazon, but I can't find The Incal. Am I missing something or it just isn't on Amazon yet?
    Anyone? Helloooooooo....

Anyone? Helloooooooo....
    Just probably not on amazon. Humanoids said it will get a reprint and it was also in the previews last month I think. Also check Humanoids website, it's right there.

Fantastic Member

Anyone? Helloooooooo....
    The new printing of The Incal is available for pre-order on TFAW, it's to be released on September 24.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    The new printing of The Incal is available for pre-order on TFAW, it's to be released on September 24.
    Never tried them before. How good are they at packing books for international orders? Comparing to Amazon, is shipping too expensive?
    Last edited by JohnHorus; 08-11-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Never tried them before. How good are they at packing books for international orders? Comparing to Amazon, is shipping to expensive?

Good on both, even for international. I'd recommend sticking with the cheapest option. The second cheapest option is as slow as the cheapest so not worth the bother imho

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Good on both, even for international. I'd recommend sticking with the cheapest option. The second cheapest option is as slow as the cheapest so not worth the bother imho
    Thanks for the tip! If The Incal doesn't show up on Amazon, I'll probably try TFAW.

Thanks for the tip! If The Incal doesn't show up on Amazon, I'll probably try TFAW.
    Do you have a link to IST's releases?

Never tried them before. How good are they at packing books for international orders? Comparing to Amazon, is shipping too expensive?
    Their packaging is reeeaaalllyyy good. I always chose the 2nd shipping option and always got my package in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Do you have a link to IST's releases?
    There's no link per se at IST, but they're both listed in the Coming Soom section!

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Any E.C. fans of the Fantagraphic Books Black and White Series? The black and white art is unreal, and I really love the old color comics. Baffled by some of the story choices. Wally Wood edition has no Sci Fi stories. Half of the Kurtzman book has finished pencils by other artists, still mind blowing. The hard back covers are gorgeous. They look like classic old books.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Any E.C. fans of the Fantagraphic Books Black and White Series? The black and white art is unreal, and I really love the old color comics. Baffled by some of the story choices. Wally Wood edition has no Sci Fi stories. Half of the Kurtzman book has finished pencils by other artists, still mind blowing. The hard back covers are gorgeous. They look like classic old books.
    I love that series. i have the Wood, Craig, and Feldstein ones so far but will probably end up with all of them when i get around to it. As for Came the Dawn now having any sci-fi work by Wood, it does have all his crime and horror work. I would be surprised if there was not another one coming soon that will feature his sci-fi.

Hi,
    I have collected these past few years a lot of Dark Horse Library Editions (mostly through Amazon.com, but never again), like Hellboy, BPRD or Buffy, and apart amazon additional protection (usually none) the books only came with shrink-wrap plastic protection (at best). For a year now I have switched to Forbidden Planet stores and the last two Dark Horse LE that I have received, Colossal Conan and Big Damn Sin City were protected by in house tailor made cardboard protection (like the one DC uses for their absolute editions). So I was wondering if Dark Horse has enhanced recently their process to dispatch LE or big books and if some of you have received an Hellboy LE (for example) with this kind of protection?

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Hi,
    I have collected these past few years a lot of Dark Horse Library Editions (mostly through Amazon.com, but never again), like Hellboy, BPRD or Buffy, and apart amazon additional protection (usually none) the books only came with shrink-wrap plastic protection (at best). For a year now I have switched to Forbidden Planet stores and the last two Dark Horse LE that I have received, Colossal Conan and Big Damn Sin City were protected by in house tailor made cardboard protection (like the one DC uses for their absolute editions). So I was wondering if Dark Horse has enhanced recently their process to dispatch LE or big books and if some of you have received an Hellboy LE (for example) with this kind of protection?
    It's only for their really big ass books.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    i absolutely love these collections. i have the jack davis, harvey kurtzman, al feldstein, wally wood, johnny craig and john severin. haven't had the time to get into severin's volume yet, but i look forward to it. i think the jack davis one is my favorite with kurtzman a close second. i will get the rest of the volumes eventually.
    formerly 'weeks'

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

So happy to hear others have picked these books up. I also have the Gemstone editions in Color and I do like the FB books better. I look forward to Wally Woods SCI Fi edition. The Al Williamson book was a nice surprise. Never knew his name. Feldstein wrote a ton of stories! Does his book feature his art exclusively? I have the Wood, Kurtzman, Davis, and Williamson books. I plan to get the Graham Engels book next. I need to finish the Kurzman and Davis books. Kurtzman was so good. Art and storytelling. I hope the next Wood Book has some of his MAD stuff.