Page 132 of 865 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Sure, here are some quick pictures.
    That looks awesome. I haven't heard of that book, what is it about?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    yeah that Saga cover is not a great one...
    Yeah, it's not a good cover. Not because of the breastfeeding. I don't care about that. It's just kind of boring.

I still haven't gotten my version of Naja. Not even a shipping notice. I'm glad it doesn't have rounded corners though. That would have bothered me for some strange reason.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    What the heck is that? Is the alien sucking on a teet or something? That's not inspiring to buy.
    Yes it is. It's the daughter of the main characters (who is also the narrator) getting breast fed by her mother. It's a pretty good story (though if you are scared of by the cover... it contains a lot of nudity including breast feeding).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    That looks awesome. I haven't heard of that book, what is it about?
    Martin posted about it on the Discover Euro comics thread some time ago
    http://community.comicbookresources....-Comics!/page2
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 08-14-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Sure, here are some quick pictures.

Ribbon, no gutter loss! Really looks great. It comes in a slipcase, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Ribbon, no gutter loss! Really looks great. It comes in a slipcase, doesn't it?
    Only the deluxe which can only be ordered from Magnetic press' site and is $50. It's also limited and has some more extra's

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Yeah, it's not a good cover. Not because of the breastfeeding. I don't care about that. It's just kind of boring.

I still haven't gotten my version of Naja. Not even a shipping notice. I'm glad it doesn't have rounded corners though. That would have bothered me for some strange reason.
    oh yeah, I don't have a problem with the breast feeding. Just the fact that the cover simply doesn't do anything to make me want to look inside the book...

Fantastic Member

My buys over the last two weeks
    20140814_192746.jpg
    Promethea is a custom bound hardcover of the first twelve issues. I got it super cheap and figured if I want to get the other two absolutes this is the best way to go. I love that I will be able to read the letters pages. I can post pictures of it if anyone is interested.

Grendel is something I have always wanted to read and am finally jumping in with. I will have to decide whether to get the omnibus editions, which I dont think look great, or buying hardcovers and filling in the voids with digital or single issues that I will have bound. Depends how much I like it.

I have never read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Hellblazer either so I jumped in on both of those too because I can't imagine I won't like them.

Nausicaa is awesome. Read the first hundred or so pages of it. Everyone should read this. The slipcased hardcover set is insanely cheap for the quality and amount of story.

Doom Patrol is awesome. Wish the binding was a bit better, but it is no where near as bad as the worst DC has done.

Amazing Member

This naja book is looking really nice. Can someone tell me if the story is actually any good? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post

I have never read League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Hellblazer either so I jumped in on both of those too because I can't imagine I won't like them.

Doom Patrol is awesome. Wish the binding was a bit better, but it is no where near as bad as the worst DC has done.
    LoEG is awesome, I absolutely love every story (even Black Dossier which sometimes gets a lot of hate) but IMHO vol 2 is the best.
    And speaking of bad DC bindings, you are really better off with these 2 regular hc-s than the oversized but mother of all mousetraps omnibus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    LoEG is awesome, I absolutely love every story (even Black Dossier which sometimes gets a lot of hate) but IMHO vol 2 is the best.
    And speaking of bad DC bindings, you are really better off with these 2 regular hc-s than the oversized but mother of all mousetraps omnibus.
    I started reading League vol. 1 at work overnight and it was really damn good so far. Im gonna order Century and probably Black Dossier today on amazon. Is the absolute of Dossier worth getting? And yeah these hardcover editions are great. No gutter loss, lies flat easy, has a bookmark, great covers. Can't ask for more.

Amazing Member

Is the absolute of Dossier worth getting?
    No, it's widely considered to be one of the worst (if not THE worst) of the Absolutes. Poor printing, a lack of any extra content and (apparently) not as much variation in the paper stocks (which is an important part of differentiating between the various parts of the book) make it inferior to the regular hardcover. A shame, as the Absolutes for the first two LOEG volumes are great, and feature loads of interesting extra content (especially the scriptbooks).

I started reading League vol. 1 at work overnight and it was really damn good so far. Im gonna order Century and probably Black Dossier today on amazon. Is the absolute of Dossier worth getting? And yeah these hardcover editions are great. No gutter loss, lies flat easy, has a bookmark, great covers. Can't ask for more.
    If you want to read Century than definitely get Black dossier, there are a lot of stuff in BD neccessary to understand Century.
    I heard really bad things about the absolute BD (gutter loss, bad printing, etc.) I have the regular hc which is nice. The paper is sometimes a bit thin but otherwise no complaints (there are different paperstocks in it).
    The Century hc is really well done.

JD78

My Big Damn summer vacation haul
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

With all the talk of the Naja and Zaya books going on, I did some searching and found that Midtown Comics is having a 30% sale on independent publishers, which includes these books. That makes the price even cheaper than Amazon and since no one else seems to be carrying them, I think it's going to be as cheap as it gets for these books.