Page 144 of 865 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 12974

What teh hell is going on with price?! Used to be around 30 quid just days ago...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Men-Bishop...rhf_dp_p_img_9

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Haven't posted in a while, so here's about 2 1/2 weeks' haul:

Big thanks to LordJulius for recommending Showa; it's incredible. Blasted through vol.1, and vol.2 just arrived today. Also, looks like Zaya lives up to the hype!
    The Showa free comic book day issue was great, I keep meaning to pick those books up.

You inspired me to grab Blazing Combat, it's right up my alley but somehow escaped my radar. Thanks!

Anyone have Wally Wood Woodwork? I would love to see pictures of that. Considering getting it since I love Woody, but looking for someone to tip my hand to spend the money.

Also, any opinions of Jinx, Goldfish, and Torso by Bendis? I found these super cheap and discovered some or all of them take place in my hometown of Cleveland. I love his Daredevil but I think thats really all I read by him. I love crime noirish stuff. Should I grab them?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What teh hell is going on with price?! Used to be around 30 quid just days ago...

Assuming it didn't just go out of print, I'd assume sellers are using an algorithm that's being influenced by a new seller listing the book.

Seems like Andy Diggle auctioned off his Complete Zenith Collection HC: link

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripclaw View Post
    Caught quite some bucks with it too
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

Honestly my biggest problem with Marvel collections is how (especially with the hardcovers) they go out of print so quickly, and Marvel releases so many books it's not as if I can buy every book I want on release; or I might not hear about it until a year or two after release. I've been trying to work through Claremont's X-Men, but in those last few months, Masterworks v2 has shot up to £40 (thankfully I was able to snag a copy from a clearance bookshop in person for £5.99) and v3 is £36.95 - and those are just the paperback releases. For someone trying to complete a collection, I cannot fathom how they'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Caught quite some bucks with it too
    Yep. I don't think that it would've been autographed by Diggle as he didn't work on Zenith (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Honestly my biggest problem with Marvel collections is how (especially with the hardcovers) they go out of print so quickly, and Marvel releases so many books it's not as if I can buy every book I want on release; or I might not hear about it until a year or two after release. I've been trying to work through Claremont's X-Men, but in those last few months, Masterworks v2 has shot up to £40 (thankfully I was able to snag a copy from a clearance bookshop in person for £5.99) and v3 is £36.95 - and those are just the paperback releases. For someone trying to complete a collection, I cannot fathom how they'd do that.
    I feel you, I try to catch up with things but it's impossible, I haven't followed Marvel nor DC for many, many years, what got me into comics again is New 52 - Snyder - and some other stuff, and many times I fell like 'I want them all but how can I afford that'. Want to build some decent Omnibus collection, with Daredevil, X-Men, but there is so much more: HC's, OHC's.

EDIT:

When Charley’s War – 1914-2014 Slipcased Commemorative Edition Vol 1 would be released? The only info I can find in google says it's 2nd September, which is today.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 09-02-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Also, any opinions of Jinx, Goldfish, and Torso by Bendis? I found these super cheap and discovered some or all of them take place in my hometown of Cleveland. I love his Daredevil but I think thats really all I read by him. I love crime noirish stuff. Should I grab them?
    Grab Torso before someone else does it! It's one of Bendis (and Andreyko)'s best and a f*****g brilliant comic. Jinx and Goldfish are good too, if you're interested in the "old" Bends.

About time!

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Busie...MNA5KH0220D4K6

But I think the Roger Stern/John Buscema/Tom Palmer Avengers is the most deserving of an omnibus first.

Quote Originally Posted by King Poindexter View Post
    About time!

http://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Busie...MNA5KH0220D4K6

But I think the Roger Stern/John Buscema/Tom Palmer Avengers is the most deserving of an omnibus first.
    Yeah that was featured among many others in the new Hachette catalogue. We also got a second SA Avengers Omnibus and a Avengers Vibranium collection (like the Adamantium collection)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

How much of the Busiek run is already collected? Nearly all of the Stern run is readily available in trade already.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    How much of the Busiek run is already collected? Nearly all of the Stern run is readily available in trade already.
    The entire run is collected in oop OHC's and in print trades (the trades are thick and have the same content as the OHC's).

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    eBay! Someone made an auction with $200 starting price and $270 buy-it-know price. I've bought the book in the same minute I discovered it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripclaw View Post
    How much of the stories in this book are black and white and how much in color. As I remember, the early stories, which were collected in the first three volumes years ago were in black and white, but then what would have been the fourth volume - those stories as they appeared in 2000AD were in color.
    I'm going by memory here, so I could be wrong.
    Just curious about this current hardcover.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The entire run is collected in oop OHC's and in print trades (the trades are thick and have the same content as the OHC's).

Well then, I am outraged.