Page 148 of 865 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    It's a brief book, less than 50 pages. The story is entirely predictable and cliche, but I really just bought it for Phillips' art, and that's really the only thing going for it. Not sure if it's worth $10, but whatever. Phillips is great.

Wow, it's looks really nice. May get some time when I get a big haul from Cheap-comics.com, since it's not that much money and it's Phillips. Thanks for the pics!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Wow, it's looks really nice. May get some time when I get a big haul from Cheap-comics.com, since it's not that much money and it's Phillips. Thanks for the pics!
    No problem. Yeah, the art is top notch as usual for Phillips.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Yep, it's the FF by Byrne one.
    Hey Victor, did you get tge FF Byrne Omni at a special price?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Victor, did you get tge FF Byrne Omni at a special price?
    Yeah, I got it for €40 (about $53/£32). it wasn't on the top of the list (wanted to buy Uncanny X-Men Claremont and Daredevil Miller (maybe Stern Spidey) first but it came for a nice price so I went for it. When I read the first issue included I thought I'd made a mistake (damn that was a boring story) but now I just finished the Search for Galactus and it rocked(not surpisingly since it was by Wolfman and he wrote NTT, which was the first pre-1985 comic I loved)! That said, I haven't gotten to the Byrne written stories yet but I have faith in them being just as good. recommended
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Yeah, I got it for €40 (about $53/£32). it wasn't on the top of the list (wanted to buy Uncanny X-Men Claremont and Daredevil Miller (maybe Stern Spidey) first but it came for a nice price so I went for it. When I read the first issue included I thought I'd made a mistake (damn that was a boring story) but now I just finished the Search for Galactus and it rocked(not surpisingly since it was by Wolfman and he wrote NTT, which was the first pre-1985 comic I loved)! That said, I haven't gotten to the Byrne written stories yet but I have faith in them being just as good. recommended
    Not to derail the thread towards Marvel but the Miller DD starts similarly with a bunch of boring one shots and only around after the first quarter or even first third is when Miller took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Not to derail the thread towards Marvel but the Miller DD starts similarly with a bunch of boring one shots and only around after the first quarter or even first third is when Miller took over.
    Ah oke, that's too bad, but thanks for the heads up. Might have sold it if I thought the whole thing is like the first quarter, so now I know I have to keep reading. Thanks!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    The rest of my haul :
    Please tell me that "Now an FX original series" sticker is not on the cover... And if you could post some pictures of the book it would be nice, thanks

Thx for the info. So was this a one copy for sale thing or do they have more copies and if so from where if you don't mind me asking?

Thx for the info. So was this a one copy for sale thing or do they have more copies and if so from where if you don't mind me asking?
    No it was a one time sale from Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay). I'm sure you'll find a cheaply priced one somewhere though. It's very nicely produced with the old thick paper. Plus, Galactus vs an overpowered Sphinx
    20140905_105934.jpg
    It was very epic

No it was a one time sale from Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay). I'm sure you'll find a cheaply priced one somewhere though. It's very nicely produced with the old thick paper. Plus, Galactus vs an overpowered Sphinx
    20140905_105934.jpg
    It was very epic
    Ok cheers mate! That pic does look pretty epic.

Btw Victor, are you on the CBR threads 24/7? You're extremely quick off the mark when it comes to replying

John Byrne at the height of his career was one the best and finest and more productive artists there has ever been in comics. PERIOD.

Ok cheers mate! That pic does look pretty epic.

Btw Victor, are you on the CBR threads 24/7? You're extremely quick off the mark when it comes to replying
    I am the internet!!

But seriously, I check CBR on every break I have because it's relaxing while I sit down and eat my lunch, with a sandwhich in one hand and my phone in the the other. I also check it sometimes while I watch tv (very short attention span here) or whenever I feel like it when I have the time. I get home at 5 o' clock usually and after that I usually check it every 30/60 minutes, more when I'm bored (which is almost never though). I do it a lot more on weekends. I usually just check the forum and always wait with replying till I have the time to make a usefull comment, but usually try to reply to questions directed at me immediately when I read them. It also helps that I never check the forum with my computer, I always have it open at my phone.

That whole fight is epic!

Amazing Member

Latest haul

Amazing Member

Last edited by No_Problem; 07-22-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Default Latest Haul

Got a lot of good recommendations from my LCS about Letter 44, Rat Queens, and Sex Criminals so I decided to try out the trades. If I like it I might switch to floppies or trade wait. Interesting Drug I found here. Another member posted their haul and it looked interesting so I went ahead and picked it up.
    photo 3.jpg