Page 154 of 865 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 12974

New haul. Sorry about the staples in some of those That magazine format of The Fade Out #1 is supercool. They should do all comics in that size. Speaking of size... I expected The Bus and Shoplifter to be a little larger, but both look great nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Need help.

I'd like to get one of those but don't know which one is likely to go OOP first. What should I buy first, I'm planning to get one every month.

- Uncanny X-Force omni
    - Infinity Gauntlet omni
    - Annihilation omni

I have like 20 years to catch up with Marvel and DC and it's just painful, never will be able to read it all.
    Those are all Marvel right? You'll get a better response if you post your question there, plus we can keep this thread clear of Marvel and DC discussion

Need help.

I'd like to get one of those but don't know which one is likely to go OOP first. What should I buy first, I'm planning to get one every month.

- Uncanny X-Force omni
    - Infinity Gauntlet omni
    - Annihilation omni

I have like 20 years to catch up with Marvel and DC and it's just painful, never will be able to read it all.
    Quick answer so it won't derail the topic: in order: UXF (almost oop), Annihilation (very soon oop), IG (I think it's safe but donno for how long, it seems like Marvel is printing less omnis to avoid clearance sales).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Need help.

- Uncanny X-Force omni
    - Infinity Gauntlet omni
    - Annihilation omni

Yeah you should probably post it in the Marvel thread. But to answer your question: both Annihilation and Uncanny X-Force arr on the brink of oop currently so I would get one of those first. I loved the first half of Uncanny X-Force but thought the 2nd half was a bit weaker. I enjoyed almost the whole thing with Annihilation, so I say go with Annihilation first and then Uncanny X-Force and then Infinity Gauntlet. They are all very recommended though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    New haul. Sorry about the staples in some of those That magazine format of The Fade Out #1 is supercool. They should do all comics in that size. Speaking of size... I expected The Bus and Shoplifter to be a little larger, but both look great nevertheless.
    I'm very jealous of that Fade Out special issue. I asked about it in my LCS but they didn't have it. I love Phillips and Brubaker (most of you probably already knew that) so this would be awesome in my collection
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm very jealous of that Fade Out special issue. I asked about it in my LCS but they didn't have it. I love Phillips and Brubaker (most of you probably already knew that) so this would be awesome in my collection
    It's really awesome. It's got 8 extra pages compared to the regular issue that contain sections "Behind The Fade Out" and "Process". So there's some script pages and text about how those and the story came about written by Bru. And then Phillips pulls back the emerald curtain about how he creates pages. Really cool, so you should try and find a copy of that somewhere on the net. Perhaps your LCS can order it for you.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hey Martin, any chance of some internal pics of Guns of Shadow Valley and the general jist of the story? I've been looking at and thinking about it but would like to know others opinions on it. Thanks.

How do you get such a panned out shot like that? It doesn't seem to be an easy picture to take - atleast to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Hey Martin, any chance of some internal pics of Guns of Shadow Valley and the general jist of the story? I've been looking at and thinking about it but would like to know others opinions on it. Thanks.
    Being a webcomic originally, you can read the whole thing for free over here http://www.gunsofshadowvalley.com The book is stunning though, so get that too if you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    How do you get such a panned out shot like that? It doesn't seem to be an easy picture to take - atleast to my eyes.
    A bit of patience and an iPhone
    Last edited by MartinNL; 09-12-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Being a webcomic originally, you can read the whole thing for free over here http://www.gunsofshadowvalley.com The book is stunning though, so get that too if you enjoy it.
    Great, thanks, will do that. If I like it, I'll purchase it

Fantastic Member

It's really awesome. It's got 8 extra pages compared to the regular issue that contain sections "Behind The Fade Out" and "Process". So there's some script pages and text about how those and the story came about written by Bru. And then Phillips pulls back the emerald curtain about how he creates pages. Really cool, so you should try and find a copy of that somewhere on the net. Perhaps your LCS can order it for you.
    For real that magazine variant is sweet. I got it too and would get that version every month if they kept it up.

I just started reading Guns of Shadow Valley a couple weeks ago and it's really great. I highly recommend anyone who likes Sixth Gun check it out.

Nice haul, Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    For real that magazine variant is sweet. I got it too and would get that version every month if they kept it up.

I just started reading Guns of Shadow Valley a couple weeks ago and it's really great. I highly recommend anyone who likes Sixth Gun check it out.

Nice haul, Martin.
    That Sixth Gun comment made me check it out, it looks pretty damn awesome. Might get this one

I've had my eye on the Godland Celestial Editions for quite a while but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. Does anyone have feedback on these?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    I've had my eye on the Godland Celestial Editions for quite a while but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. Does anyone have feedback on these?
    They are fantastic. I can post more details and pictures in a couple hours if you want. But anything by Tom Scioli is 100% worth getting, in my opinion. Especially in a nice hardcover edition.

That qould be amazing and much appreciated.