Page 155 of 865 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Some pics of the Godland Celestial Editions...
    20140913_020749.jpg
    20140913_021108.jpg
    these are what you first see upon opening the books. Pretty cool endpapers. Incidentally, the books are as tall as Image deluxe hardcovers and DC deluxe hardcovers and omnibus, which are all the same height. So if you have any of those you have a g. In.d reference point for size.
    20140913_020942.jpg
    This random page from the first book shows how minimal/practically non-existant the gutter loss is. The books lay flat on their own about a quarter of the way in, but dont really feel too tightly bound like some lesser quality books do. And this is judging from opening the book for basically the first time, so im sure it will get better as it is broken in.

Fantastic Member

More art...
    20140913_021248.jpg
    My phone does not really do the quality of this coloring any favors. It really is great. Tom Scioli does his own coloring and I know now he is currently building his colors starting from a crayon layer for added texture In spots of his work. He clearly puts a lot of effort into this part of the illustrating and whether they somehow made sure to print it better or just the techniques he uses really translate well im not sure, but the end result is it looks amazing. Tom Scioli is absolutely on the level of a J.H. Williams III, if you ask me. I mean, look at these spreads. Different styles, but equal talents, imo.
    20140913_021431.jpg
    There is also quite a lot of quality extra material in each book. You have your introductions (Grant Morrison and Eric Larson) and cover galleries. There are sketches and art from ads. But what really is cool is the story of the creation of the book in the back of vol. 1 which includes back and forth emails between Casey and Scioli. And then in vol. 2 you get basically a director's commentary type thing from the two creators. I havent read these yet, since I havent read the books at all (waiting for vol. 3), but I expect it to be fascinating since the commentary in the back of Transformers vs. G.I. Joe was great and Casey's backmatter is always good.

Default Collected ABC Warriors

Rebellion, publisher of 2000 AD and the Judge Dredd megazine, are currently doing a very good job on their hardcover collection line. Vol 2 of the ABC Warriors Mek Files collection is out this month and has already found its place on my shelve:

spines hard.jpg

There is a detailed description of this last volume here http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2014/0...uk-market.html

Man, that Scioli art is outstanding. Love those Kirby mouths!

I may have to pick those up.

Guys what you can tell me about it. Any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JLA-Avengers...dback+Slipcase

Is it worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    More art...
    20140913_021248.jpg
    My phone does not really do the quality of this coloring any favors. It really is great. Tom Scioli does his own coloring and I know now he is currently building his colors starting from a crayon layer for added texture In spots of his work. He clearly puts a lot of effort into this part of the illustrating and whether they somehow made sure to print it better or just the techniques he uses really translate well im not sure, but the end result is it looks amazing. Tom Scioli is absolutely on the level of a J.H. Williams III, if you ask me. I mean, look at these spreads. Different styles, but equal talents, imo.
    20140913_021431.jpg
    There is also quite a lot of quality extra material in each book. You have your introductions (Grant Morrison and Eric Larson) and cover galleries. There are sketches and art from ads. But what really is cool is the story of the creation of the book in the back of vol. 1 which includes back and forth emails between Casey and Scioli. And then in vol. 2 you get basically a director's commentary type thing from the two creators. I havent read these yet, since I havent read the books at all (waiting for vol. 3), but I expect it to be fascinating since the commentary in the back of Transformers vs. G.I. Joe was great and Casey's backmatter is always good.
    Wow, great art, what about the story? Generic super hero stuff or something diffrenet from what we usually see? Can't agree about Williams, he's the best artist in comics right now, period. At least for me. I can't wait to get Promethea Inmateria edition when it's out - won't be for a very long time, I've twetted Williams few times: first they wanted to publish it earlier this year but now plan is to finish new Sandman run and then come back to Inmateria. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Man, that Scioli art is outstanding. Love those Kirby mouths!

I may have to pick those up.
    Yeah man, sweet art, can't agree more. How much is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Guys what you can tell me about it. Any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JLA-Avengers...dback+Slipcase

Is it worth picking up?
    Are we watching the same ebay auction?
    I donno anything about the story but IIRC there will be a new edition hc/omnibus thingy soon or early next year.

I guees so. Sweet stuff, those Swamp Thing HC's.....

Yeah man, sweet art, can't agree more. How much is it?
    You can get both on Amazon (I'm in US) for $50.

I guees so. Sweet stuff, those Swamp Thing HC's.....
    Yeeeeaaahhhh....it's almost over and I think the price will go very high soon...too high for my wallet.

Yeah, vol 3-6 are worth how much? 50 quid each? Something like that. I just pray for Omnibus or Absolute, that would be awesome.

EDIT:

And it's gone, 116, still not bad.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 09-13-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah, vol 3-6 are worth how much? 50 quid each? Something like that. I just pray for Omnibus or Absolute, that would be awesome.
    Are these the Moore volumes or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Are these the Moore volumes or something else?
    Yep, whole Moore's run, 6 HC's for 116. I have two first ones, was biding till 76 threshold. Too much, just too much.

Yep, whole Moore's run, 6 HC's for 116. I have two first ones, was biding till 76 threshold. Too much, just too much.
    And I think one or two was still sealed. My treshold was the same but I had no illusions about it when I saw there are already 30-40 bids.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    And I think one or two was still sealed. My treshold was the same but I had no illusions about it when I saw there are already 30-40 bids.
    So what's next? JLA/Avengers?