Page 157 of 865 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 12974

Pretty cool to see that the US version of Peter Pan has a new cover. Love the looks of that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    BTW... a second volume will be published early 2015. And a complete edition regular hardcover should follow after that.
    Yeah i just noticed on Amazon the "Barbarella & the Wrath of the Minute-Eater" so stoked!

Damn you all, I've bought it! I'm a sucker for limited edition and I know it's bad but I look on comics as a investment as well. I'm collector first, don't get me wrong, but I never know would I get bored with my hobby like it's happened with games recently - and music and books - so at least I'll be able to monetize it somehow and don't spend money for nothing -collector editions of too many games.

So does that "adapted by Kelly Sue Deconnick" on the cover mean Bitch Planet is based on Barbarella?

Didn't get answer for that, sorry for spam .

I don't know where to post it: I'd like to go there:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2...ssue-13-coins/

but I've never been on such event. Would they sign different comics for me, like Slaine or Judgment on Gotham or is it stricly closed for new title?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Didn't get answer for that, sorry for spam .

I don't know where to post it: I'd like to go there:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2...ssue-13-coins/

but I've never been on such event. Would they sign different comics for me, like Slaine or Judgment on Gotham or is it stricly closed for new title?
    Just go and find out. Buy the issue they're there for and bring the stuff you want signed and ask them to sign those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Yeah i just noticed on Amazon the "Barbarella & the Wrath of the Minute-Eater" so stoked!
    Strange, on the humanoids site it says the oversized version will collect both book 1 & 2. The size on the other one is also a lot smaller so it might be a completely different version. I have the original french printing of book 2 and it's nowhere near 152 pages, so it might be a smaller version of the super oversized edition

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Strange, on the humanoids site it says the oversized version will collect both book 1 & 2. The size on the other one is also a lot smaller so it might be a completely different version. I have the original french printing of book 2 and it's nowhere near 152 pages, so it might be a smaller version of the super oversized edition
    Yeah the coffee table edition describes volume 1 and 2 on the Humanoids website. But I just checked the digital edition of that book on the Humanoids website to make sure and it only contains the 68 pages of volume 1. It looks awesome though in that duotone!

The smaller edition that's already on amazon should contain volume 1 and 2. Volume 2 will get a coffee table edition later on as well.

EDIT
    Going over Humanoids' blog entries it looks like only volume 1 will get a coffee table edition and will be in duotone. The regular sized book will be in black and white and contains volume 1 and 2.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 09-13-2014 at 02:31 PM.

I don't really know Pat's work, I have Slaine only, was thinking about getting those HC's but I'm not sure is it my cup of tea.
    This second volume contains really fun and imaginative stories. It was my first encounters with the ABC Warriors in the late 90's and it was very refreshing, and they still are my favorite 2000 AD's strip. There are so much ideas and demented concepts in this book ... and the painted art of Kevin Walker is top. It's like the "Starship Troopers" of comic book, you can enjoy it on different levels, i.e. enjoy both the action, and the satire behind.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Are we watching the same ebay auction?
    I donno anything about the story but IIRC there will be a new edition hc/omnibus thingy soon or early next year.
    What? Where was this mentioned? There's been that Marvel/DC Crossover Classics Omnibus listed on Amazon for years.. It currently has a 2015 release date but yeah. I think that if it ever actually does come out, it'll just be the 4 Crossover Classics trades.

I'm hoping for a collected Amalgam Universe omni or OHC though. That'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    What? Where was this mentioned? There's been that Marvel/DC Crossover Classics Omnibus listed on Amazon for years.. It currently has a 2015 release date but yeah. I think that if it ever actually does come out, it'll just be the 4 Crossover Classics trades.

I'm hoping for a collected Amalgam Universe omni or OHC though. That'd be nice.
    hmmm, maybe that's what I was thinking about...

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Had no idea these were worth anything.

We need a livelier trade thread. I have all six of these (2&3, I believe, still sealed) and will never read them.
    Yep, worth lots of monnies. Second one is easy to get but rest...as I said, up to 50 quid each.

Great idea with thread, lots of emotions flying. Seriously this board needs some reputation system, would love to give you '+'.

Technically, since all six went for $116, that's below coverage price.
    I've found the best way to get books like this (I did it for Busiek's Avengers and Morrison's JLA) is to buy the whole run, then sell off the duplicates. Buying them individually is more costly.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Technically, since all six went for $116, that's below coverage price.
    it went for 116 pounds, not $.

Pretty cool to see that the US version of Peter Pan has a new cover. Love the looks of that.
    Aww, that's disappointing. I loved the faux crocodile skin cover of the original.

Amazing Member

Hmm, they have all volumes but volume 4 in stock at cheap-comics.com, so hopefully you didn't pay a whole lot more than €22.50.
    Late reply from me but anyway... I payed 35€.
    After I saw his sale and inquired him, we couldn't meet for like 3 weeks but we both agreed to the sale anyway. Afterwards (like 2 days after) I noticed that cheap comics had it but didn't want to break our agreement. Shipping from cheap comics is not so cheap but would still be helpful because they have other stuff I want there
    Well on a good note, it was as good as new - even better than what I usually get from amazon - zero bumped corners or whatever.