Page 166 of 865 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266666 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Finished reading Bramble... Not sure what to think of that. The art was pretty good, but the story is just, well... quite terrible. I don't understand why this book was printed as such a nice large hardcover by Humanoids when other book with fantastic stories have not. Anyway I do not recommend this book at all.
    Really? Aw, man. I was really looking forward to picking that up on Wednesday. Grrr... I definitely need more than just good art. I can deal with so-so art but a really good story, but I can't deal with good art and a shitty story. Ah well. Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by prof436 View Post
    Do anyone have any info on that book?http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1631402...f=mp_s_a_1_253
    I hope it's oversized
    Oooh nice I might finally get the series! Well spotted

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Anyone know of any European (non UK) Online comic stores that ship international? There is one that comes up a few times on these HC forum threads, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Cheers in advance!
    Cheap-comics.com?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Do anyone have any info on that book?http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1631402...f=mp_s_a_1_253
    I hope it's oversized
    Holy **** yes, I wanted this so bad! I hope it's 12 inch like the TMNT HC's
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I hope it's oversized
    Pretty new to this. So I ask, what's the norm in this situation? When Amazon lists a title like this for pre-order, but it's still way off? It has a Feb. 25th release date, but does that even mean anything? Does it most likely exist, because it's been listed, but the release date is pretty much up in the air or is there a chance it doesn't exist at all?

Ah yes that is the one!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Pretty new to this. So I ask, what's the norm in this situation? When Amazon lists a title like this for pre-order, but it's still way off? It has a Feb. 25th release date, but does that even mean anything? Does it most likely exist, because it's been listed, but the release date is pretty much up in the air or is there a chance it doesn't exist at all?
    It means it'll be out in february and it should probably be in the next IDW solicits. "Master Edition" and it says it collects the first two arcs, I would suspect that this will indeed be oversized.

Incredible Member

Edit: double post

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoveryReader View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but I recall everyone was excited that a new printing of the Incal HC was coming out on Sept. 24, 2014 from Humanoids (http://www.humanoids.com/album/564).

However, I can't find anyplace to pre-order it. Any tips?
    Anybody have any info on this, by any chance? It is supposed to come out in 2 days, but I can't find anyone who will sell it. It is listed as "out of stock" everywhere (rather than just "pre-order" or to be released).

Then you've got 30$ on something else to spend If I may suggest: Elric vol. 1 and Third Testament vol. 1 both by Titan Comics. And then the new Battling Boy. All three of them together would cost about the same as Bramble.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Yes, thanks for the heads up. I was thinking the other day that it would be nice to have a thread purely for reviewing new releases. If we had fellow members chiming in and giving their opinions on a book it would definitely help quite a few on the fence buyers.
    I've begun to write a review of Elric Vol. 1 for our blog. Hoping to finish it tomorrow.

Can anyone assist me with an idea I had? I wanted to make a picture of all sizes of American collected editions (not including the one off sizes like Parker Martini that never appear except once) but I don't have all the sizes. I was thinking about having all the different books lined up from smallest to the biggest. These are sizes I have in mind (feel free to add some if you know more):
    Digest sized tpb, tpb, regular hc, omnibus/normal OHC, Library edition, Absolute, one of those 17 inch hc's and one of those 20 inch hc's. I don't have any 17 or 20 inch hc's so I can't make a complete picture, anyone here that can? I'd really appreciate it. I plan to put it on the first page of the Dark Horse thread so you can easily compare the size of LE's with other hc's. Thanks!

Fantastic Member

Well it looks like Metabarons Ultimate Collection is OOP. Knew I shouldn't have waited so long on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Noted, thanks!

Has anyone read Siegfried from Archaia and, if so, what are your thoughts?
    I've read the first volume and have the second on my shelf but haven't read it yet. The artwork is fantastic and almost worth getting the book just for that. The story is solid if nothing groundbreaking but what else can you expect form an old myth. It's much like a good Disney moving re-treading a classic story.

My big hang up, and this doesn't seem to matter as much to other people, is the cost. Each volume is about 70 pages long but at retail you're paying around $25 if you don't get a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I've begun to write a review of Elric Vol. 1 for our blog. Hoping to finish it tomorrow.
    Yeah I noticed, just when I thought I'd do one LOL

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Well it looks like Metabarons Ultimate Collection is OOP. Knew I shouldn't have waited so long on it.
    I'm sure it'll get reprinted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Has anyone read Siegfried from Archaia and, if so, what are your thoughts?
    Basically what Captain Planet said is all valid. It is quite costly, but that art! Also I loved the story. But the art!!! Alex Alice is just awesome.

Alex Alice is also the artist on The Third Testament that Titan Comics will publish starting next month in 4 separate volumes at around $10 per volume.

Basically what Captain Planet said is all valid. It is quite costly, but that art! Also I loved the story. But the art!!! Alex Alice is just awesome.

Alex Alice is also the artist on The Third Testament that Titan Comics will publish starting next month in 4 separate volumes at around $10 per volume.
    I was not aware of that. I've had it on preorder (for $8 how could I not!?!) for awhile now and knowing Alice is on art makes me that much more excited. If only Siegfried vol 3 didn't keep getting pushed back into infinity.