Page 167 of 865 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I was not aware of that. I've had it on preorder (for $8 how could I not!?!) for awhile now and knowing Alice is on art makes me that much more excited. If only Siegfried vol 3 didn't keep getting pushed back into infinity.
    If you like that style you should also check out the Elric books of which the first volume is out now (for a tenner I think). Art by Robin Recht and Didier Poli (French preview pages: http://www.bdgest.com/preview-1286-B...136.1351176294).

And Chronicles of Legion (also Titan) with Matthieu Lauffray (of Long John Silver) and others (French preview pages: http://www.bdgest.com/preview-872-BD...136.1351176294).
    Last edited by MartinNL; 09-22-2014 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Can anyone assist me with an idea I had? I wanted to make a picture of all sizes of American collected editions (not including the one off sizes like Parker Martini that never appear except once) but I don't have all the sizes. I was thinking about having all the different books lined up from smallest to the biggest. These are sizes I have in mind (feel free to add some if you know more):
    Digest sized tpb, tpb, regular hc, omnibus/normal OHC, Library edition, Absolute, one of those 17 inch hc's and one of those 20 inch hc's. I don't have any 17 or 20 inch hc's so I can't make a complete picture, anyone here that can? I'd really appreciate it. I plan to put it on the first page of the Dark Horse thread so you can easily compare the size of LE's with other hc's. Thanks!

Sounds like a great idea. Wish I could help, but I definitely lack the library for it. Not to volunteer MartinNL, but looking at his collection, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he had every size you needed for a picture like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I've begun to write a review of Elric Vol. 1 for our blog. Hoping to finish it tomorrow.
    I keep meaning to check out the blog. I want to read up on the Blacksad review.

Lightbulb

Can anyone assist me with an idea I had? I wanted to make a picture of all sizes of American collected editions (not including the one off sizes like Parker Martini that never appear except once) but I don't have all the sizes. I was thinking about having all the different books lined up from smallest to the biggest. These are sizes I have in mind (feel free to add some if you know more):
    Digest sized tpb, tpb, regular hc, omnibus/normal OHC, Library edition, Absolute, one of those 17 inch hc's and one of those 20 inch hc's. I don't have any 17 or 20 inch hc's so I can't make a complete picture, anyone here that can? I'd really appreciate it. I plan to put it on the first page of the Dark Horse thread so you can easily compare the size of LE's with other hc's. Thanks!
    Here you go :-)
    Building Stories is there for fun and it helped me in order to prevent the books from falling down all the time. I think that the Martini Edition is OK, since Far Side, Dilbert2.0, Mad's greatest artists and the new Star Wars slipcase all have this size. I just realized I don't own any Artist Edition (what a shame I know) but it's a good starting point til someone has a better picture.
    image.jpg

Edit: yeah and for whatever crap reason the pic is upside down but you get the idea ;-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Building Stories is there for fun and it helped me in order to prevent the books from falling down all the time. I think that the Martini Edition is OK, since Far Side, Dilbert2.0, Mad's greatest artists and the new Star Wars slipcase all have this size. I just realized I don't own any Artist Edition (what a shame I know) but it's a good starting point til someone has a better picture.
    image.jpg

Edit: yeah and for whatever crap reason the pic is upside down but you get the idea ;-)
    LOL. That looks awesome. As if you'd glued them to the ceiling.

Just read the first few stories of "Son of the sun", the first Don Rosa Uncle Scrooge/Donald Duck Library volume. Had to restrain myself not to read the book in one setting. While Rosa's art is not as good as that of Barks, his storytelling techniques and his pacing especially when it comes to jokes are impeccable. Found myself laughing out loud several times. Highly recommended book.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    LOL. That looks awesome. As if you'd glued them to the ceiling.
    Great idea to solve my space problems, indeed.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

image.jpg

Thanks a lot! Kind of mean to put the Spider-man Civil War OHC in there though
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Thanks a lot! Kind of mean to put the Spider-man Civil War OHC in there though
    Oh, that is just a Punisher Max 4 in disguise, no worries.

Oh, that is just a Punisher Max 4 in disguise, no worries.
    Ha ha. That's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    If you like that style you should also check out the Elric books of which the first volume is out now (for a tenner I think). Art by Robin Recht and Didier Poli (French preview pages: http://www.bdgest.com/preview-1286-B...136.1351176294).

And Chronicles of Legion (also Titan) with Matthieu Lauffray (of Long John Silver) and others (French preview pages: http://www.bdgest.com/preview-872-BD...136.1351176294).
    Can't seem to find a volume 1 of Chronicles of Legion vol 1 but Elric is done and done. I had forgotten that book was coming out. Thanks!

Does anyone know what this books are about exactly? Are they any good? The edition seems to be gorgeous!

http://www.amazon.com/GENIUS-COLLECT...eywords=comics

I ordered the first two Hellboy Library Editions. I wasn't crazy about the one Hellboy trade I read years ago, but I love BPRD and people wouldn't shut up about these things, so yeah.

my arrivals today. i finished naja last night, so i'm eager for meka and zaya. and i wish dc would put out more of these unwrapped books. i love them.

formerly 'weeks'

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    my arrivals today. i finished naja last night, so i'm eager for meka and zaya. and i wish dc would put out more of these unwrapped books. i love them.

Definitely let us know how meka is compared to Zaya and Naja. I passed on it due to not being convinced by the preview, but I loved morvan's other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Definitely let us know how meka is compared to Zaya and Naja. I passed on it due to not being convinced by the preview, but I loved morvan's other stuff.
    Second this. I'm on the fence about purchasing Meka at some point. And if possible if anyone can give their opinion on Zaya and Naja as well.