Page 169 of 865 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by mobe1969 View Post
    booksuppository
    :d

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Thank you. Yeah, this is exactly the same as the one I have. I saw the "Paw Prints" thing on the back and I was confused. Thought I bought some strange public school library edition or something. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    It's aliiiiiivve...

As promised, here's my review of "Elric: The Ruby Throne":

http://the9thblog.blogspot.com/2014/...ol-1-ruby.html
    I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow most likely. Looks good. Thanks for the review.
    Last edited by pud333; 09-23-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Thank you. Yeah, this is exactly the same as the one I have. I saw the "Paw Prints" thing on the back and I was confused. Thought I bought some strange public school library edition or something. Cheers.
    Yeah I examined my copy after your comment, which made me wonder if there were different editions and that Paw Prints thing threw me too. Upon further investigation though I saw the Top Shelf Publishing listed inside on the page across from the contents.

I have a question about the upcoming Complete Eightball. I must admit I have never read anything by Daniel Clowes, but have been planning on getting this. I noticed just today that this collects the first 18 issues of Eightball, yet there have been at least 23. Why are the calling it "Complete"? Should i track down issues #19-23 or would getting collected editions of David Boring, Twentieth Century Eightball, and Ice Haven complete it? Or should I await another volume collecting the rest?

Yeah I examined my copy after your comment, which made me wonder if there were different editions and that Paw Prints thing threw me too. Upon further investigation though I saw the Top Shelf Publishing listed inside on the page across from the contents.

I have a question about the upcoming Complete Eightball. I must admit I have never read anything by Daniel Clowes, but have been planning on getting this. I noticed just today that this collects the first 18 issues of Eightball, yet there have been at least 23. Why are the calling it "Complete"? Should i track down issues #19-23 or would getting collected editions of David Boring, Twentieth Century Eightball, and Ice Haven complete it? Or should I await another volume collecting the rest?
    Issue 19-21 is collected in David Boring (published by Pantheon)
    Issue 22 is Ice Haven (published by Pantheon)
    Issue 23 is The Death Ray (published by D&Q)
    There is no extra material in those issues aside from the main stories. Twentieth Century Eightball collects all (I think, not 100% sure?) of the short stories from Eightball 1-18 which were collected earlier in two volumes ("Lout Rampage" & "Orgy Bound")

1-18 are all the same (standard comic book) format, 19 -23 are all different formats which is probably why they're not included.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Pre-ordering the hardcover of Terry Moore's Echo. First time purchasing anything from Abstract Studios and was curious if anyone could comment on the quality of their trades build-wise.
    It's too bad no one answered your question. I'm actually curious about this myself. It's one of the few titles I've narrowed down to buying for the rest of the year and I'm wondering if anyone in this thread has read this title before.

Release date is 10/28 and I'm I wonder if stock will be limited. CGN states it'll only have 425 copies available.
    Last edited by danmar85; 09-24-2014 at 04:06 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    It's too bad no one answered your question. I'm actually curious about this myself. It's one of the few titles I've narrowed down to buying for the rest of the year and I'm wondering if anyone in this thread has read this title before.

Release date is 10/28 and I'm I wonder if stock will be limited. CGN states it'll only have 425 copies available.
    Hmm this is weird I had the Echo hardcover up until a few months ago. The quality is great. Laid flat, no gutter loss, came with a ribbon.

Hmm this is weird I had the Echo hardcover up until a few months ago. The quality is great. Laid flat, no gutter loss, came with a ribbon.
    Well that's good too hear. If I may ask, what do you find weird exactly? Also, the way you responded makes it seem that you no longer have you copy. Did your decide to sell it and if you did why?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Well that's good too hear. If I may ask, what do you find weird exactly? Also, the way you responded makes it seem that you no longer have you copy. Did your decide to sell it and if you did why?
    I found it weird that it was up for pre-order when I knew I had already owned it and I thought Terry Moore always kept stuff in print. I did decide to sell it. It was really good, but at the time it was going for about $20 over what I paid for it and I didn't think it would be something id reread alot.

I still wonder what was in that damn box.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Do you mind posting front and back photos of the From Hell HC? I'm just curious how it looks compared to the version I have.

Beat me to it!

I found it weird that it was up for pre-order when I knew I had already owned it and I thought Terry Moore always kept stuff in print. I did decide to sell it. It was really good, but at the time it was going for about $20 over what I paid for it and I didn't think it would be something id reread alot.

I still wonder what was in that damn box.
    Your right. I didn't realize it wasn't in the solicitations, but CGN has it listed for the 28th of October. It must be something specific to their site. Especially considering they mention they only have 425 copies. I wasn't able to find any mention of it on Amazon or the IST coming soon section. Terry Moore does have it in print atm. Last week he tweeted he was down to 30 copies with no plan to reprint.

Btw, thanks for all your responses.

All-New Member

Anyone got that witzend (the magazine created by Wally Wood) slipcase box? Is a worth reading material?

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    There you go:

Makes me wish FB would have published the Barks books at the same size.
    Thank you. Great looking book (and great size).

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thiago.cido View Post
    Anyone got that witzend (the magazine created by Wally Wood) slipcase box? Is a worth reading material?
    According to the other forum members, it's prety damn great.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    According to the other forum members, it's prety damn great.
    The package is gorgeous and the content also looks great - couldn't find many reviews on internet. I'll grab it as soon as my wallet allows me...

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Well, I also have received an e-mail saying that it's shipped, so it's looking fairly possible so far. Would certainly make for a nice treat, that's for sure. You'll probably get yours before me, so let me know how it goes.
    Received my order today and yes it is real!!! And excellent packaging by Comics Calvacade by the way (buble wrap + pop corn). + no custom fees, I am delighted! To be absolutly precise here, the prices are higher than the cover prices (75$ for neonomicon) but nothing compare to what's proposed on ebay.
    That's a future article for my blog.
    Last edited by vark; 09-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.