Page 170 of 865 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 12974
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Received my order today and yes it is real!!! And excellent packaging by Comics Calvacade by the way (buble wrap + pop corn). + no custom fees, I am delighted! To be absolutly precise here, the prices are higher than the cover prices (75$ for neonomicon) but nothing compare to what's proposed on ebay.
    That's a future article for my blog.
    Ah, good timing. Didn't get a chance to do so yesterday when mine arrived in the mail, but it looks like you beat me to the good news. And yeah, that was great packaging. Makes me wonder what my massive Top Shelf order's gonna look like when I get it.

Oh, and since you mentioned it and I recognise you from the 2000AD forums, your blogs are amazing by the way, though your Absolute one especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Ah, good timing. Didn't get a chance to do so yesterday when mine arrived in the mail, but it looks like you beat me to the good news. And yeah, that was great packaging. Makes me wonder what my massive Top Shelf order's gonna look like when I get it.

Oh, and since you mentioned it and I recognise you from the 2000AD forums, your blogs are amazing by the way, though your Absolute one especially.
    Thank you! Enjoy the books!

Incredible Member

Picked this up from my LCS. Been meaning to read some Hernandez.

Incredible Member

Finally returned home to find three shipments: My top Shelf Order, one from Breakdown Press and the new Barbarella edition. Meka also should have been there by now, no idea what happened with that one

Funny how we got that same 'obscure' book in the same week aaltomuoto.... And I love the looks of that Bumperhead!! Cannot wait for that. If it's anywhere near as good as Julio's Day and Marble Season it will probably end up in my Top 10 of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Funny how we got that same 'obscure' book in the same week aaltomuoto....
    Yeah, that's a weird bit of synchronicity
    I need to get bumperhead as well, Beto is always worth a read.

BANNED

I've been curious about Nemo Rose of Berlin, is it a standalone story or is it part of a trilogy or something?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I've been curious about Nemo Rose of Berlin, is it a standalone story or is it part of a trilogy or something?
    It's the second part of a trilogy of Nemo books set the League of extraordinary gentlemen-verse, which takes part between the chapters of LoEG Century. But I think it definitely reads well on it's own!

While having read the rest of LoEG helps, it's not needed to appreciate a story where Adenoid Hynkel's Germany is attacked by pirates (lead by no other than captain Nemo's daughter Janni.)

And if you like Kevin O'neill's artwork, you are in for a threat with Roses of Berlin.
    edit: treat, not threat...stupid tiredness and english as second language -_-
    Last edited by Balakin; 09-26-2014 at 02:11 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    And if you like Kevin O'neill's artwork, you are in for a threat with Roses of Berlin.
    Holy moly, yes. Roses of Berlin is basically the Kevin O'neill show. Lots of splash pages, gorgeous detail. Just fantastic. It's like Moore stepped aside for that one and just told Kevin to have fun.

Latest: My one and only exposure to Kindt was "Revolver" which I thought was trash. I could barely get through it. It was one of those books where at the end I thought, "Wow. So f'ing what?" So I was extremely hesitant to check out Mind Mgmt. But all the reviews and everyone who read it said it was awesome, and I was... very surprised. I finished the first book in almost one sitting. Only reason I stopped was because it was 2 am. I have to say, it is a thoroughly engrossing book. So I picked up the other two and can't wait to get into them. Also, the quality of the hardcover - binding, paper stock, etc. is probably the best I've come across in the standard size format in a very long time. Makes it a joy to read. I wish all books were like this quality.

Mind MGMT is fantastic. Some of the best there is.

Just like Siegfried. With that talk about that series earlier this week I knew I had to get the English editions too when I noticed vol. 1 was in stock at amazon.de. I already have the whole series in Dutch, but with so many extra pages I needed in it English. Awesome!!

Just like Siegfried. With that talk about that series earlier this week I knew I had to get the English editions too when I noticed vol. 1 was in stock at amazon.de. I already have the whole series in Dutch, but with so many extra pages I needed in it English. Awesome!!

This is getting scary; I have Forming II making it's way to me as well. It's probably waiting for me as I get home
    que Twilight zone music...

Fantastic Member

I was not that fond of Forming. Thought it was kinda like taking parts of the Nikopol Trilogy and rewriting it skewed through a Prison Pit sensibility. Yet smacking of a creator who hadn't refined his storytelling. Really good art, though. Hope you do a review of Forming 2 so I can see if it is improved.

Incredible Member

I started reading Bumperhead last night, only got trough the first part before I had to stop and read MIND MGMT v 2. I couldn't get it out of my head and couldn't enjoy Bumperhead until I read some MIND MGMT. I'll return to it after I catch up on MM.