Page 172 of 865 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I've been cutting down on purchases recently...
    I should do that too. But there's too much cool stuff coming out. New Years resolution I guess. I mean I have a serious amount of unread books.... And these will be added to that pile

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I should do that too. But there's too much cool stuff coming out. New Years resolution I guess. I mean I have a serious amount of unread books.... And these will be added to that pile

Hah. Yeah. "Very Casual" has been on my pile for months now. So has "Safari Honeymoon".

Hello, I'm back, with biggest haul ever. I don't even want to know how much money I've spent on all of this. I paid around 30 quid for X-Men omni in Poland very good price.

2 more Thorgal comics, numbers 13 and 14.

Naja and Zaya are limited editions, look superb, Zaya has a little bend on corner, but I don't really care; slipcases feel very sturdy and heavy and look amazing on shelf. I hope these will be worth proper money in few years but I can't be sure can I?

Next one is Yans, it collects 4 first story arcs in HC, another two HC's will come out at some point. It was published by Egmont and I'd say they are doing great job with introducting some classic books to polish readers. Right now they do this thing called Comics Canon: 12 books with most important stories in comics, like Watchmen, Dark Knight Returns etc. I'm gonna pick up Moebius and maybe something else like Persepolis in HC and something from Bourgeon - I don't know him, have to do some research first. Anyway, I've read Yans many years ago when it was published in Poland and liked it.

Bilal in HC at last! Nikipol Trilogy and Fins de Siecle - books look very cool, but it's not A4 format, it's slightly smaller.

Next we have some Marvel stuff, I'm very curious about Inhumans, read only one story with them when young Cable was taken to the future, it was on dark side of the moon or something don't remember much.

Batman comics are quite obvious, got them from eBay and on top there is a small book with alternative Walking Dead covers, found it much cheaper in Poland.

Now I just need to find some time to read it all....

Oh, in Nikipol Trilogy you can find this piece of paper, looks like newspaper.

I'm intrigued by this Elric book, thanks for the review LordJulius!
    Is it really 172 pages, oversized and only around 7 pounds from various online shops? :O Where is the catch?
    edit: at most places it lasted with 172 pages but at some it's only 64. I guess for this price it's only 64 pages...

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is it really 172 pages, oversized and only around 7 pounds from various online shops? :O Where is the catch?
    edit: at most places it lasted with 172 pages but at some it's only 64. I guess for this price it's only 64 pages...

That's a typo. It's the latter. Although I wouldn't mind having the art in Artist's Edition format!
    However, it's absolutely worth getting, especially if you're in any way interested in sword and sorcery/fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That's a typo. It's the latter. Although I wouldn't mind having the art in Artist's Edition format!
    However, it's absolutely worth getting, especially if you're in any way interested in sword and sorcery/fantasy.
    Thanks for the response! I'm interested in almost anything and it seems like a good story (+the art!), I'm just not a fan of these thin books (and right now my financial situation doesn't allow it if it's only 64 pages).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thanks for the response! I'm interested in almost anything and it seems like a good story (+the art!), I'm just not a fan of these thin books (and right now my financial situation doesn't allow it if it's only 64 pages).
    Yeah, it's only 64 pages. You can get it for 7 quid (including shipping) from BD via Amazon.co.uk though. That's not a bad price for an oversized HC, I think, even if it is rather thin.

Being on a budget myself atm, I can see where you're coming from though. It's such a darn expensive hobby that we have.

BANNED

Is that Harlem Hellfighters a paperback or hardcover? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Is that Harlem Hellfighters a paperback or hardcover? =)
    Paperback. Afaik that is the only version available. Haven't read it yet, but it looks great.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    The Before Incal hardcover is selling so fast, i had to order mine. Got it for 17£
    Does anyone own this, except for some random Heavy Metal comic, I think this will by my intro to Moebius? Is the story complete?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Does anyone own this, except for some random Heavy Metal comic, I think this will by my intro to Moebius? Is the story complete?
    Read the Incal first! Then Befpre the Incal if you want the optimal experience
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think before the Incal wasn't drawn by Moebius.

I just got my Before the Incal. So its worth holding off til i read The Incal?

Humanoids mentions theres gonna be a reprint of the HC in september but theres no mention on Amazon/FP/SpeedyHen etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I just got my Before the Incal. So its worth holding off til i read The Incal?

Humanoids mentions theres gonna be a reprint of the HC in september but theres no mention on Amazon/FP/SpeedyHen etc...
    Yeah read The Incal first. The reprint of The Incal has been available since last week as well, together with the reprint of Before the Incal. Should be up the on Amazon/FP/SpeedyHen etc soon too.

Early next year The Metabarons will also get a reprint.