Page 174 of 865 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's also available at Bookdepository.com
    The Humanoids edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    The Humanoids edition?
    No, SelfMadeHero but it's the same edition except cheaper.
    BB

Yeeeeeeah. Im just OCD about it. And since Humanoids were reprinting it this month i figured id get that.
    Odd that Before is everywhere and theres no mention of Incal though.

I somehow can understand the OCD thing but I'd get the SMH one because Humanoids keeps dicking around with the Incal.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Well, Ive ordered The Incal HC from TFAW. Kinda sucks i cant find it anywhere (anywhere!!!) in the UK, meaning extra shipping and import charges but ill hopefully at least get a copy at last.
    I think it was discussed not so long ago in one of the topics, that there aren't import charges on books in the UK. Hope that cheers you up a bit.

Fantastic Member

Ok, so I've been reading Charles Burns X'ed Out trilogy and it has given me thst final push to read Tintin to the first time. Would this be a good book to get for a beginner? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BXU..._SY115&simLd=1

I have found it elsewhere online to a normal price, of course. But can someone tell me if this is a good entry point? I have heard a lot of praise for and seen great art from the moon stories, so that's pretty much what has me looking at this one. Are there better editions in english? Are there maybe other volumes that Burns might be specifically referencing, which may appeal to me?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Before the Incal is alright, Metabarons is amazing.

Only the books he did with Jodorowsky are getting reprints at Humanoids at the moment (Incal, Eyes of the Cat,Madwoman of the Sacred Heart, his part of Final Incal). No one knows why the other stuff isn't getting reprinted but my guess is that it may take a while before we will see those books (and probably not at Humanoids).
    I may have to checkout Before and Final as well. Is the art as good as Moebius? I don't know A thing about these comics. I've read a limited number of European comics, and I bet those were British? Are the Humanoid books reprinting "classic" Moebius?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Ok, so I've been reading Charles Burns X'ed Out trilogy and it has given me thst final push to read Tintin to the first time. Would this be a good book to get for a beginner? http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BXU..._SY115&simLd=1

I have found it elsewhere online to a normal price, of course. But can someone tell me if this is a good entry point? I have heard a lot of praise for and seen great art from the moon stories, so that's pretty much what has me looking at this one. Are there better editions in english? Are there maybe other volumes that Burns might be specifically referencing, which may appeal to me?
    I wrote this some time ago on the Discover Eurocomics thread... http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post193707

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I wrote this some time ago on the Discover Eurocomics thread... http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post193707
    Thanks Martin! I remembered seeing something like that, but I had thought it was in this thread so of course I didn't find it!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Nothing like unwrapping a new book in general and getting a whiff of that manufactured goodness.

Did you happen to notice that the books even have colored headbands that match the color theme of the books themselves? I believe one was green and another blue. Unsure of the third.
    No I didn't notice, but that doesn't surprise me. They put a lot of thought into these books. Nothin is by accident. Just started the third book. Took a break to re-read some Sex Criminals and Superman just for something different, and now I'm back at it. The little one page recap is very helpful.

New Arrival. Wanted to own this for a very long time. Purchased through Ebay.co.uk.

IMG_1916.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

purchases and arrivals from the past week. blazing combat and mind mgmt vol 3 came from a local shop, barbarella from IST, and aurora west from amazon:

formerly 'weeks'

How common is the use of dustcovers for European HC's? I've seen a lot of beautiful pics of titles like Naja, Meka, Zaya, Incal etc that look great without a cover on it. I prefer it because I always feel like I have to baby a book when one's included. I just hate the use of them in general.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    How common is the use of dustcovers for European HC's? I've seen a lot of beautiful pics of titles like Naja, Meka, Zaya, Incal etc that look great without a cover on it. I prefer it because I always feel like I have to baby a book when one's included. I just hate the use of them in general.
    They're pretty much non-existent over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I may have to checkout Before and Final as well. Is the art as good as Moebius? I don't know A thing about these comics. I've read a limited number of European comics, and I bet those were British? Are the Humanoid books reprinting "classic" Moebius?
    Janjetov did the art on Before the Incal and he is definitely not as good as Moebius although he tries hard to emulate the style. The art in Final Incal is by Ladronn and is very, very nice. The deluxe Final Incal also contains some Moebius art (from an earlier, aborted take on the Final Incal story) but that is probably a low point in his career art-wise, mostly due to the colouring.

The Incal and Eyes of the Cat are definitely 'Classic' Moebius as far as I'm concerned, anything that was originally published in the Metal Hurlant years is. Too bad that a lot of the best stories from that period are all out of print at the moment (Arzach, Major Fatal/The Hermetic Garage, Is Man Good, The Long Tomorrow).