Page 175 of 865 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 12974

Latest purchase. I love Bisley, used to be my favourite artist.

Not the best quality and sometimes some letters are red and there are those difficult to spot signs like markers on pages - started reading it and I'm not sure is it common problem with whole book.

Amazing Member

Does anyone know how image decides what to put out in hardcover? I'm looking at a few of the new TPBs being released this week, but I'd rather wait if I knew I was going to be able to get a hardcover.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

God, The Fade Out is sooo good so far, everyone in their right mind should pick up the trade and hopefully an OHC of it. It's such a layered tale of pure awesomeness! It's far less action-filled than other Brubaker/Phillips books so far, it's a pure detective/drama book and it rocks!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    God, The Fade Out is sooo good so far, everyone in their right mind should pick up the trade and hopefully an OHC of it. It's such a layered tale of pure awesomeness! It's far less action-filled than other Brubaker/Phillips books so far, it's a pure detective/drama book and it rocks!
    That description reminds me, to a certain degree, of an unknown comic called Criminal. Uhm...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That description reminds me, to a certain degree, of an unknown comic called Criminal. Uhm...
    Criminal rocks! It's my favorite Brubaker/Phillips comic after Sleeper. God I love Brubaker and Phillips...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Janjetov did the art on Before the Incal and he is definitely not as good as Moebius although he tries hard to emulate the style. The art in Final Incal is by Ladronn and is very, very nice. The deluxe Final Incal also contains some Moebius art (from an earlier, aborted take on the Final Incal story) but that is probably a low point in his career art-wise, mostly due to the colouring.

The Incal and Eyes of the Cat are definitely 'Classic' Moebius as far as I'm concerned, anything that was originally published in the Metal Hurlant years is. Too bad that a lot of the best stories from that period are all out of print at the moment (Arzach, Major Fatal/The Hermetic Garage, Is Man Good, The Long Tomorrow).
    Thanks, I will keep eyes out for more.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Criminal rocks! It's my favorite Brubaker/Phillips comic after Sleeper. God I love Brubaker and Phillips...
    Who doesn't love that pair? Though I'd love to see them venture outside the noir/mystery setting. Imagine a crepuscular western by the pair...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    They're pretty much non-existent over here.
    Yes: dustjackets are pretty non-existent for german and french comics in any collected form I know. There are a (very) few exceptions here and there but most of the time, you get a nice cover-print on a slightly glossy hardcover.
    We also "miss" glued hardcovers here in Europe. Pretty hard to find...
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    Does anyone know how image decides what to put out in hardcover? I'm looking at a few of the new TPBs being released this week, but I'd rather wait if I knew I was going to be able to get a hardcover.
    No real pattern. Its entirely up to the individual series creators if they want or can afford to do a hardcover. You be better off asking them on FB/twitter if they have any plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Who doesn't love that pair? Though I'd love to see them venture outside the noir/mystery setting. Imagine a crepuscular western by the pair...
    I think that could be very awesome, I wouldn't mind them experimenting a bit with different genres. They pullled off the superpower aspects of Sleeper very nicely so I wouldn't mind something like a grimmer version of Astro City from them, I also think they could create a good horror/supernatural comic like Spectre by Ostrander or Locke and Key.

I'd like to see them do a military drama, the mystery and tension can be directly translated to a war setting. Although lets face it, they can do whatever the hell they want and nine times out of ten its going to be incredible.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I get Sleeper, but Criminal was, it was great, but not as big as I imagined. I was reading stray bullets at the time and that was mopping up Criminal.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    No real pattern. Its entirely up to the individual series creators if they want or can afford to do a hardcover. You be better off asking them on FB/twitter if they have any plans.
    Thanks. Thats kind of what I thought.

Fantastic Member

Does somebody know what's the reason behind new postponement of the Complete Eightball? According to Amazon it will release in April only.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah read The Incal first. The reprint of The Incal has been available since last week as well, together with the reprint of Before the Incal. Should be up the on Amazon/FP/SpeedyHen etc soon too.

Early next year The Metabarons will also get a reprint.
    Finally received my The Incal reprint. I didn't know it was going to come in a smaller size, unlike the mega-size of the last versions. It's just a tad smaller than an regular OHC now. Just FYI for those who may not know.