Page 178 of 865 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278678 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    yes. amazing. and that's the reason why: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Eternauta

Attachment 10981
    Wow! Pretty cool to see people excited about a comic from my country. And I bet the American edition will be even better than the TPBs that you can buy over here. I hope they respect the original widescreen format, which is pretty unique and not very common in the US. And I really hope they publish the sequel, which, even though it's extremely politicized and one of the reasons the military government we had in the 70s killed the writer, it's pretty interesting.

Overall, I hope you all guys get this book. It's truly great. Just imagine that in some school programs it's mandatory to read it!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Wow! Pretty cool to see people excited about a comic from my country. And I bet the American edition will be even better than the TPBs that you can buy over here. I hope they respect the original widescreen format, which is pretty unique and not very common in the US. And I really hope they publish the sequel, which, even though it's extremely politicized and one of the reasons the military government we had in the 70s killed the writer, it's pretty interesting.

Overall, I hope you all guys get this book. It's truly great. Just imagine that in some school programs it's mandatory to read it!
    Never, ever heard of this before. What a shame, because it sounds truly remarkable! This is why this forum is so awesome.

The only gripe I have with Fantagraphics books is that the format is often too small to really let the artwork shine (Barks or EC Libraries). Other than that, they are putting out some of the best if not the best (scholarly) editions atm, so chances are that they will go for the widescreen format here. They did it with books like Cannon as well.

Btw, I was just thinking the other day about all the different continents or countries I have comic books from. Sadly, South America and Africa are not as well represented in my collection as others. But that's also to do with those books not being on the radar yet for publishers in Germany and the US/UK. I would love to get my hands on some of the work by Breccia, for example. In Germany, there's only been "Che", afaik, and that's been OOP for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Never, ever heard of this before. What a shame, because it sounds truly remarkable! This is why this forum is so awesome.
    You and my wallet need to have a chat, mate.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-07-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Aaaannnd... (big effing drumroll...)...

Finally the next B.P.R.D. HC: "B.P.R.D. 1946-1948"

http://www.amazon.com/B-P-R-D-1946-1...k+horse+comics

About time!

"In the wake of World War II, Professor Trevor Bruttenholm--occult investigator and guardian of the young Hellboy--and a group of war-weary veterans investigate Hitler's top secret Project Vampir Sturm, exposing one of the greatest villains of the Third Reich, uncovering the secret history of vampires, and leading one Bureau agent to risk his soul and his mind.

Collects B.P.R.D.: 1946, 1947, and 1948.
    "

Out in June 2015
    YES! Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    The only gripe I have with Fantagraphics books is that the format is often too small to really let the artwork shine (Barks or EC Libraries). Other than that, they are putting out some of the best if not the best (scholarly) editions atm, so chances are that they will go for the widescreen format here. They did it with books like Cannon as well.
    While I concur with your praise for Fantagraphics books, I disagree that everything has to be blown up to oversized or larger format to be enjoyed. My family has been enjoying the Barks Library in their current format--they're a lot better made than any Marvel book I've bought for a cover price under $30.....ever. Because of the detail involved with EC art, I might agree with you that oversized format might be preferable, but Carl Barks' art doesn't scream for a larger page format like Wally Woods' detailed art does. Besides the larger the page, the greater the stress on the binding--half my Marvel omnibuses look like they're pulling on the binding because their 5-6 pound textblock is trying to rest on the shelf.

Have you guys heard? There're going to be new Corto Maltese comics by Juan Díaz Canales and Rubén Pellejero!

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    While I concur with your praise for Fantagraphics books, I disagree that everything has to be blown up to oversized or larger format to be enjoyed. My family has been enjoying the Barks Library in their current format--they're a lot better made than any Marvel book I've bought for a cover price under $30.....ever. Because of the detail involved with EC art, I might agree with you that oversized format might be preferable, but Carl Barks' art doesn't scream for a larger page format like Wally Woods' detailed art does. Besides the larger the page, the greater the stress on the binding--half my Marvel omnibuses look like they're pulling on the binding because their 5-6 pound textblock is trying to rest on the shelf.
    They are great, yeah, but all other editions of Barks' work I've seen so far are bigger. That goes for the old Gemstone album- sized editions as well as the two German editions (HC and softcover) that I have a few issues of. The Don Rosa Library books are taller as well, btw.

I think the Barks Library books are not meant for kids, especially since FB have just begun to publish his stories in a cheaper, softcover edition aimed at children and teens. So a bigger, slightly heavier edition should be okay(and with the page count they would still be nowhere near Marvel Omnibus territory).

Oh, and if you enjoy the Barks books, I can absolutey recommend the Rosa Library as well - if you don't have it already. While not as great an artist as Barks (at least when looking at his earliest work which is in volume 1), his stories are set in Barks' Duckburg and often pick up on his clasic stories. Plus I found myself laughingout loud even more than with a Barks book.

Fantastic Member

While speaking of international creators, I want to ask if anybody's getting the new hardcover version of Blue estate from Image and please, please post some pictures

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    While speaking of international creators, I want to ask if anybody's getting the new hardcover version of Blue estate from Image and please, please post some pictures
    I second this request.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I second this request.
    I have this book at home. I actually bought and read the TPBs and loved them so much I bought the OHC when it came out.

I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

Oh, btw, has anyone else read The Secret Histories Omnibus?
    Last edited by GenericUserName12; 10-07-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Secret Histories question

All-New Member

Very cool! Definitely buying Eternauta. I am enjoying Oesterheld's Sherlock Time as well which I picked up on a trip to Argentina some years ago. Two Argentinian comics I've heard about but have never read are Parque Chas and Mort Cinder. Can you tell me anything about these and whether they are worth trying to track down?
    Last edited by DiscoveryReader; 10-07-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Always looking to Trade. Here is my Want List and my Trade List.

Incredible Member

Latest. Finally some new Fables for me to read!

Anybody have any opinion on the Ripley's HC? How about the Terry Moores Echo? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Anybody have any opinion on the Ripley's HC? How about the Terry Moores Echo? Thanks.
    Start from this post. It goes about 5-6 posts.

Start from this post. Conversation ends at post #2531.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Start from this post. It goes about 5-6 posts.

Start from this post. Conversation ends at post #2531.
    Thanks for the links! Did you end up ordering it?