Page 184 of 865 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Here is the picture of Bryan Talbot with his upcoming Arkwright Integral.
    Anyone else in on this?

It was supposed to come out in October but somehow, it's quietly re-solicited for November. At least according to Dark Horse's official website.
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/25-2...ht-Integral-HC

I suppose that's done to match 4th installment in Grandville series that's also coming in November.
    https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/26-5...dville-No-l-HC

So, November is gonna be pretty much Talbot month. Can't wait.
    cool, tnx for reminder
    not sure i'm fond of integral cover art thou

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Anyone picking up Zenith?

I know nothing about it and am interested, I'm just not sure which Morrison is writing this one. Is it crazy Invisibles Morrison or is it closer to Doom Patrol or Animal Man?
    I'm pretty sure Doom Patrol was written by an early crazy Morrison. It was disturbing at points. But I bet Zenith is the fairly straight forward Morrison's work as it is an earlier piece. I think he only started to get crazy after his Kathmandu experience.

My latest purchases:

The Corto Maltese book is a thing of beauty - thick, matte paper, 200 pages, almost the size of an AE (so bigger than the Humanoids deluxe books), lots of essays and even including a fake (?) letter that can be taken out:

Don't really understand French, but at 39€ I thought "What the hell..." and I'm gonna give it a try. But to be on the safe side I also ordered a used German pocket-sized edition for 2€
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-15-2014 at 09:14 AM.

I'm especially happy about "Candid", however. It's the only edition I know of and was published in the early 1990s. I Always wanted to get it when I was younger, but back then it was too expensive for me. Here's some of the artwork:

As you can see it is wordless, so it might be of interest even if you do not understand German (the preface however is in German, of course).
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-15-2014 at 09:13 AM.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Anyone picking up Zenith?

I know nothing about it and am interested, I'm just not sure which Morrison is writing this one. Is it crazy Invisibles Morrison or is it closer to Doom Patrol or Animal Man?
    Yes, yes oh God Yes I am!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    Yes, yes oh God Yes I am!
    I'm very interested but afraid it's going to be something like the Filth. If it's more in line with Animal Man or even Final Crisis (a mess but interesting) I'm all in but I'm not a fan of his invisibles or the filth. Surprisingly (or maybe not) may all time favorite from Morrison is Joe the Barbarian.

Amazing Member

I'm very interested but afraid it's going to be something like the Filth. If it's more in line with Animal Man or even Final Crisis (a mess but interesting) I'm all in but I'm not a fan of his invisibles or the filth. Surprisingly (or maybe not) may all time favorite from Morrison is Joe the Barbarian.
    It is very influenced by Alan Moore in volume one. Volume two I don't recall, volume three is Final Crisis in a good way, and volume four is Lovecraft.

That jurgen mick candid art is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    yeah and is available from 0.35€ on amazon.de, though only ships within Germany :'(

Yeah, it is. Sadly he's stopped publishing - for whatever reason. There's only three GNs overall. His second book, "Träume" (Dreams) is on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    yeah and is available from 0.35€ on amazon.de, though only ships within Germany :'(
    That's rubbish. It might be available through ebay, however.

Btw, Amazon has the oversized Humanoids edition of Jodorowsky/Boucq's "The Shadow's Treasure" for 35€:

http://www.amazon.de/The-Shadows-Tre...7A281SY70EN95F

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Yeah, it is. Sadly he's stopped publishing - for whatever reason. There's only three GNs overall. His second book, "Träume" (Dreams) is on its way.

That's rubbish. It might be available through ebay, however.
    seems like a nice copy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mick-Candid-...item2ed534c93a

what is the size of the book?

seems like a nice copy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mick-Candid-...item2ed534c93a

what is the size of the book?
    It's European album-sized, so about A4. It's 64 pages, HC. The protagonist, Candid, is the "great grandson" of Voltaire's Candide. So it's very a very philosophical work.
    Here's the blurb:

"Candid, Urenkel des philosophischen Romanhelden Voltaires, durchstreift auf seinen Reisen eine zeitlos erscheinende Welt, in der Gedanken, Ideen und Gefühle noch allen Raum haben, sich zu entfalten. Es sind Reisen ins Ungewisse, geprägt von der Neugier auf die Welten, die unter den Oberflächen der sichtbaren Realität existieren..."

Translates as:

"Candid - great grandson of Voltaire's philosophical hero, roams a seemingly timeless world in which thought, ideas and emotions still have space to unfold. Travelling into the unknown, he is curious about the worlds that exist under the surface of reality..."

Like I said. VERY philosophical.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-15-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Received Terry Moore's Echo HC Collection yesterday. It's really quite beautiful. No dustjacket, which I love. Includes a ribbon, art done in b&w and a nice smooth feel to the book. It's normal HC size and not OHC. Printed in Canada with sewn binding, which was a little tight at first. Hopefully it'll loosen a bit with use.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Translates as:

"Candid - great grandson of Voltaire's philosophical hero, roams a seemingly timeless world in which thought, ideas and emotions still have space to unfold. Travelling into the unknown, he is curious about the worlds that exist under the surface of reality..."

Like I said. VERY philosophical.
    what's not to like?
    think i'm gonna get this

Just finished P. Craig Russell's Ring of the Nibelung. My word, what a beautiful work of art. But as always - art like this needs to be at least OHC/deluxe-sized. Still, highly recommended!