Page 197 of 865 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    "Kongo" is brilliant. Excellent choice.

And damn, I'd love to get my hands on Copra. That seems to be all kinds of awesome.
    Thought I'd seen it in one of your pics some time ago. We got a new Dutch publisher called "Scratch Books" and they will come out will all kinds of awesome books. They also got Ulli Lust's book "Today is the last..." in hardcover etc etc. Interesting to see how long their breath is, since these aren't books that sell a lot over here.

As for Copra... Round 1 is coming out soon, but can also be ordered through Bergen Street Comics. Issue #13-18 can be ordered directly through Fiffe's Etsy store, same as Zegas.

At last it has arrived. Paid 13 quid for that, it's in very good condition with some shelf wear, which I don't mind anyway. Today's Amazon price for new copy was 84 £. 84 for bloody hardcover with 280 pages, this market is crazy.

Seller gave me this comic, don't even know what that is.

Last edited by lvizzz; 10-31-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Fantastic Member

My latest haul: one of the best DC absolutes (Crisis on IE), rare Danger Girl absolute, limited/signed Usagi Yojimbo hardcover, Echo HC (so I don't understand: is it a reprint or an old version?) and a few more

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    My latest haul: one of the best DC absolutes (Crisis on IE), rare Danger Girl absolute, limited/signed Usagi Yojimbo hardcover, Echo HC (so I don't understand: is it a reprint or an old version?) and a few more

This COIE absolute looks great. Where did you get it? I hope they reprint it next year, as 2015 will mark its 30th anniversary.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    This COIE absolute looks great. Where did you get it? I hope they reprint it next year, as 2015 will mark its 30th anniversary.
    I was lucky enough to find this book only for a $70 at Amazon marketplace. Seller wrote its condition is "like new", but when the book came to me, it was completely new and sealed

@roland1580 - that's a great haul. What do you think about Echo? I'm more and more intrigued by this book but I can't convince myself of getting that.

I haven't seen this edition available for couple months so if somebody's willing to pay that crazy amount of money, here it is.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/078516355...I1OJPCRBMJUF7S

Can someone help me out with the newly released Rosa Duck Library Set.

Is this a series independent of the Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge collections currently being released? Or is it a re-release of volumes from those series?

Thanks so much.

So, The Sixth Gun - Volume 2 just popped up on Amazon. I can't wait for this volume. Also, here's a look at the cover from Brian Hurtt (taken from a camera phone):

It's too bad each Deluxe costs about $40-45. I know it's worse for overseas buyers, but it's still a nice chunk of change. What type of a series is Sixth Gun anyway? I've read the summaries on it, but from issue to issue what would the series be described as? Fast paced, story driven, slow going, magic, gun fights? Also, anyone know how far along the story is? Wikipedia says it's planned to end at issue #50. Is that still true? If that's the case and the ending holds up then I'll probably start picking up the Deluxe Editions sometime next year.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    It's too bad each Deluxe costs about $40-45. I know it's worse for overseas buyers, but it's still a nice chunk of change. What type of a series is Sixth Gun anyway? I've read the summaries on it, but from issue to issue what would the series be described as? Fast paced, story driven, slow going, magic, gun fights? Also, anyone know how far along the story is? Wikipedia says it's planned to end at issue #50. Is that still true? If that's the case and the ending holds up then I'll probably start picking up the Deluxe Editions sometime next year.
    The story is very fast paced (at least the first deluxe is), story driven for the most but also pretty character driven. It's a western imbued with a lot of magic elements to the point where the gun fights are with magical guns against demonlike creatures instead of your typical The Good The Bad and The Ugly gun fights. It's very good imo, definitely check it out if you like things like East of West and even if you like things like Lord of the Rings.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Can someone help me out with the newly released Rosa Duck Library Set.

Is this a series independent of the Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge collections currently being released? Or is it a re-release of volumes from those series?

Thanks so much.
    There are two series of Duck books published by FB atm:

1. The Carl Barks Library (divided into DD and Scrooge McDuck volumes; seven volumes published so far)
    2. The Don Rosa Library (title "Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck; two volumes published so far)

Regarding the latter, the slipcased set, if that is what you are referring to, is a collection of the first two volumes of the Rosa books (vol. 1: "The Son of the Sun" and Vol. 2: "Return to Plain Awful"). The only difference is the slipcase. Apart from that, yeah, it's a re-release - even though the single version of Vol. 2 was released at basically the same time.

There are also slipcased versions of the Barks Library books which are also just the individually sold volumes put together in a box.

In general it seems to be a trend with FB in recent years to re-release multiple-volume series as slipcased box sets at some point (Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse, Hip-Hop Family Tree, the Duck books etc.).
    Last edited by LordJulius; 10-31-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    So, The Sixth Gun - Volume 2 just popped up on Amazon. I can't wait for this volume. Also, here's a look at the cover from Brian Hurtt (taken from a camera phone):
    i look forward to this as well. i love this series. the issue that's from is one of my favorites, no dialogue, just pure adventure chase scene.
    formerly 'weeks'

Received Building Stories from the Amazon glitch today. I found out I didn't read the description very well. I tried a few of the pieces included and it's not my style... well, I guess for £11 it isn't a very big mistake. I'm probably going to sell it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Sorry for being lazy but this is this is the story:

"One hundred years after the Big Wet, somewhere in America...

The Big Wet, a disaster that shattered the world and most of its inhabitants, has left the Earth in ruin. Half the world is now covered by poisonous, rising oceans. What dry land remains is a broken, infertile world of hard ground and harder living.

Into this world steps Michael, a scavenger who roams the wasteland, trading what he can salvage. But Michael's latest find will change his life for ever - a machine that talks in a forgotten language, supposedly giving directions to the fabled land of A-Ree-Yass-I, where mankind's downfall began."

Oh and it's very good!! The art needs some getting used to, but the story drags you in. Great stuff!!
    Thanks Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The story is very fast paced (at least the first deluxe is), story driven for the most but also pretty character driven. It's a western imbued with a lot of magic elements to the point where the gun fights are with magical guns against demonlike creatures instead of your typical The Good The Bad and The Ugly gun fights. It's very good imo, definitely check it out if you like things like East of West and even if you like things like Lord of the Rings.
    Oh ya, thanks for the rundown. Hopefully, the series ends on a solid note.