Page 201 of 865 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301701 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 12974

my latest arrivals:

still really wish the corben hardcover would have been oversized, alas. (it's still a beautiful book, though)
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    That literally makes me angry. It shows how little respect they have for their customers. Seriously? They can't use $1 of recyclable material and pack it correctly? It's sad to think they only see the bottom line on this. They probably only see the millions they lose over the course of a year packaging items versus the difference it would make to an individual customer. Sigh...
    yeah but they don't see how much they loose on refunds and costumers who will never return?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah but they don't see how much they loose on refunds and costumers who will never return?
    I've never run a business so I don't want to delve too deep into this topic, but my two guesses as to your question.

1. Incompetence plain and simple.

2. Anything short of a full refund or replacement is still profit to them. Besides, how many people on this very site have had bad experiences and still ordered from B&N again? It's not always easy to lose a customer.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Thanks, I use a mix of ebay, amazon(.de mostly), cheap-comics.nl (Dutch site with good prices and excellent packaging) and my local comicshop (for the Dutch books).

Grüße aus die Niederlande
    i also checked your collection in the other thread: very impressive, my friend!

yeah, those are also the shops i mostly use, too, aside from the occasional amazon.co.uk and .com. i have just placed an order with chris for the promethea absolutes. he told there's another sale coming up in november.
    did you find an us-shop with good discounts and equally good conditions for shipping to europe? something like ist or cheapgraphicnovels, but with lower shipping costs. would be interesting, especially for new releases.

Found it on Amazon, never heard about this comic. It's impressive collection, 2000+ pages. Would you tell is it any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/189259754...=IT0YYDZZLUVDS

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I still think they could have went with a better cover.
    Eh, Batman sells. And I love how it rocks the 60s, and still retains the minimalistic style of the covers of the series. I couldn't think of a better one.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Eh, Batman sells. And I love how it rocks the 60s, and still retains the minimalistic style of the covers of the series. I couldn't think of a better one.
    Wait, Batman? Are we both talking about the Saga hardcover?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Found it on Amazon, never heard about this comic. It's impressive collection, 2000+ pages. Would you tell is it any good?

It's a great indie comic, man. No one could tell you any bad word about Terry Moore's job

Just finished the Grant Morrison Animal Man Omni. Great stuff!!

I wish they'd make a 2nd Omnibus with the Peter Milligan and Tom Veitch stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post

I've only read the first 2 pocket books so far (out of 6) but I really liked it and gonna buy the remaining ones. Good stuff!

Out of curiosity, where do you fellow folks in the UK tend to shop for your books these days?
    I was pretty much Amazon/eBay til i found SpeedyHen. Theve upped their prices a bit recently though and coupled with their often lacking packaging quality im trying to find an alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Out of curiosity, where do you fellow folks in the UK tend to shop for your books these days?
    I was pretty much Amazon/eBay til i found SpeedyHen. Theve upped their prices a bit recently though and coupled with their often lacking packaging quality im trying to find an alternative...
    Most of the time Amazon/eBay as well, cheap-comics sometimes but now I'll have to check SpeedyHen or at least compare prices when I'm about to buy something. Are they good?

EDIT:

Oh, and I got Essex County HC today - bought it on Alibris website, found it there the cheapest, but I'm pretty sure the copy which I've also found on US Amazon, was the same copy I got: price was the same, description, but problem was seller didn't ship to UK, but he did on Alibris which doesn't make much sense to me but I won't complain.

But when I saw the box today, I was terrified: all bend, very thin carboard and it was only few chips securing the book inside, didn't do picture, but I'll try to do it tomorrow, box should be somewhere in my work! Book itself wasn't secured, seller didn't use even plastic bag to wrap it around book. And somehow it has surrived. Now I need autograph from Lemire. And read it obviously, in shitty London public transport - I read lot of stuff there, not omnibus-size, but OHC like Punisher Max etc.

EDIT 2:

Forgot about Forbidden Planet. Yhey have very good price for Orion Omnibus, 33.60£.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 11-05-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Fantastic Member

Sorry guys, wrong thread
    Last edited by Roland1580; 11-05-2014 at 01:06 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I use Wordery quite a bit now through their own site and their Play.com, ebay and Amazon stores. Their prices are often more expensive than Speedyhen but sometimes they can be much cheaper. Also, the packaging they use is so much better than Speedyhen and I've not had a damaged book from them at all (unlike many orders from Speedyhen). I do still use speedyhen and Amazon, I find if you get a book preordered early enough with Amazon they can be very cheap and their packaging is pretty good now.

https://wordery.com/
    Last edited by frogger; 11-05-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    I use Wordery quite a bit now through their own site and their Play.com, ebay and Amazon stores. Their prices are often more expensive than Speedyhen but sometimes they can be much cheaper. Also, the packaging they use is so much better than Speedyhen and I've not had a damaged book from them at all (unlike many orders from Speedyhen).

https://wordery.com/

Play.com?! Really?! Used to buy a lot of stuff from them years ago but that was games and music. Didn't even know they have a good prices for comics.