Page 210 of 865 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What are your thoughts about Promethea Absolutes? Should I try get them somehow now, at least 2 and 3, or should I wait for Omnibus for, it's only a guess, next year. I love J.H. Williams work, love Moore writing.
    I don't think there is a regular omnibus comming but there was an immateria edition in the making, which is a 'widescreen" version, but it was delayed for an uncertain time.
    https://twitter.com/jhwilliamsiii/st...39582228733954

It's "only" 62 pages. And if you like the character I strongly reccomend you what Matt Wagner is doing with him in the 'Grendel / The Shadow' series that Dark Horse is publishing right now.

I haven't looked at 'Year one', but will consider it after your commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think there is a regular omnibus comming but there was an immateria edition in the making, which is a 'widescreen" version, but it was delayed for an uncertain time.
    https://twitter.com/jhwilliamsiii/st...39582228733954
    Yeah, that's what I meant, 'Inmateria' edition. I've twetted him few times, supposed to get a release earlier this year but it was cancelled because he was too busy with new Sandman run. When they finish that with Gainman, work should start again. I've even seen some pictures of prototype, and it looked awesome.

What are your thoughts about Promethea Absolutes? Should I try get them somehow now, at least 2 and 3, or should I wait for Omnibus for, it's only a guess, next year. I love J.H. Williams work, love Moore writing.
    I was also waiting for the Immateria edition but with the delays and nonexistent updates, I went ahead and purchased 2 & 3 when they were on clearance on IST. I ended up getting the tpbs to get Vol. 1. If/when the new edition comes out I'll just sell the books I had gotten for so cheap.

It's worth it, just do it.
    Well, it took about an hour and a half for Snyder and an hour for Lemire/Kindt but i got there eventually. Was cool to meet but saddly Snyder was kinda rushing through people in an effort to finish his line before he was due to appear elsewhere. Still, got me a sig.

Matt Kindt was super nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by sebelo2 View Post
    It's "only" 62 pages. And if you like the character I strongly reccomend you what Matt Wagner is doing with him in the 'Grendel / The Shadow' series that Dark Horse is publishing right now.

I haven't looked at 'Year one', but will consider it after your commentary.
    My problem is that I never read Grendel. I know he/she is a crime boss with some kinda legacy, but that's all.
    Shadow Year one was the book that finally felt like a real Shadow story, not just some generic, boring Batman rip off (the run after Ennis) or some phoned in, uninteresting stuff (Ennis. And I generally like Ennis, I was really excited about his run before I've read it).
    The art in Year one is sort of cartoony, nothing like Kaluta, but works really well.
    Also, it is written by Wagner.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Awesome stuff lvizzz! Worth the wait!

I just waited for the postman to deliver another box of goodies from cheap-comics.com
    please share your thoughts on shadows of salamanca when you read it, i'm quite interested in it.
    formerly 'weeks'

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

God how I wish they would do absolute versions of Wagners Zorro run! While they're at it they can do a volume 2 of the Lone Ranger Definitive. Volume 1 only collected issues 1-12 Shadow/grendel is most excellent as well.

(I know wrong thread but was very upset Dark Horse didn't do LE of Grendel and Lone wolf and cub.these NEED to be in HC!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    God how I wish they would do absolute versions of Wagners Zorro run! While they're at it they can do a volume 2 of the Lone Ranger Definitive. Volume 1 only collected issues 1-12 Shadow/grendel is most excellent as well.

(I know wrong thread but was very upset Dark Horse didn't do LE of Grendel and Lone wolf and cub.these NEED to be in HC!)
    Seems like Wagner is getting the short end of the collected edition game. Unfinished Sandman Mystery theatre trades, donno the situation with his Zorro, does it even have a complete collection tpb? At least his latest stuff is getting these tpb omnibuses (Green Hornet and Shadow Yar ones).
    I should reeeeaaaalllyyyy read Grendel.

BANNED

Zorro Omnibus paperback is coming, alongside Shadow Year One + Green hornet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Zorro Omnibus paperback is coming, alongside Shadow Year One + Green hornet.
    awesome. Need to get all 3. How are the Dynamite tpb-s? Are they decent/not falling apart?

Yay more Pathfinder comics! Really loved the first HC (more than what little I've read of the DnD series actually), and need to get around to the second one.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Armor hunters! Yay! Valiant is on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Armor hunters! Yay! Valiant is on the ball.
    Wonder when they'll get around to rolling out the volume 2 Deluxe Editions.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos