Page 214 of 865 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314714 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Here's what description says: Up for auction here is a very Rare & Long Out Print Title: From Hell Hardcover/Slipcase Limited Edition Item. It is signed by Alan Moore; Eddie Campbell and Stephen R. Bissette. Numbered 360 and limited to only 1000 copies. Don't wait any further as this title rarely shows up for sale!
    Thanks, Ivizzz. I have this message framed in red when I tried to reach the link "Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    Many thanks, that was one of my guesses, i.e. From Hell the complete scripts volume 1 (only one volume produced), there is another one I can acess here http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALAN-MOORES-...item3cec9e1be8.
    Still don't understand why there is restriction for me for the other one (although I am aware of this seller)...
    Last edited by vark; 11-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Is Brutania Chronicles Vol 1 a decent jumping on point for new readers? I've been curious about Slaine for awhile now as it keeps popping up in my Amazon suggested items feed.
    Yeah, I think so. This first book's a very self-contained adventure from Mills that has a very slow start, so it is easy enough to follow. The second half does introduce a new villain, the son of an old one, but that's about the only thing that requires a little prior knowledge - you can easily pick up everything else as you go along. It's the best possible jumping on point since the start of Clint Langley's years as series artist, I reckon.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Many thanks, that was one of my guesses, i.e. From Hell the complete scripts volume 1 (only one volume produced), there is another one I can acess here http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALAN-MOORES-...item3cec9e1be8.
    Still don't understand why there is restriction for me for the other one (although I am aware of this seller)...

Maybe it's just because ebay doesn't want you to spend such amount of money . No sense.......I'm from Spain and I can see the auction (and the seller ships to France as well.)

Spectacular Member

That collection of From Hell scripts explains a thing I heard a few years ago - that it was really difficult to get a hold of a copy. It confused me at the time because a paperback version was available at cheap prices on eBay; had no idea there was a limited hardcover.

All-New Member

Sorry if this OT, but has anyone had issues with IST in the past 24 or so hours? Tried doing an order last night for Lazarus HC and some other items and keep getting the following whenever I login or try to checkout:

"The webpage at ... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED"

Tried on 2 different machines and 2 different ISPs so I don't think it's an issue on my end?

Quote Originally Posted by krelyan View Post
    Sorry if this OT, but has anyone had issues with IST in the past 24 or so hours? Tried doing an order last night for Lazarus HC and some other items and keep getting the following whenever I login or try to checkout:

"The webpage at ... might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED"

Tried on 2 different machines and 2 different ISPs so I don't think it's an issue on my end?
    I haven't had that error. I just purchased from them yesterday and am currently looking at their website.

Has anyone been tempted to grab the Zap collection? I would love to read it, but that price tag is a bit too hefty for me.

My penultimate haul (a very big one). This one's exclusively from ECC, Spain's DC's publisher

18_11 Haul.jpg

Amazing Member

Default Newest HC purchase

image.jpg

I love this thread
    Thnx for the recommendation concerning Cannon; its more an old fashioned Euro comic than American..
    Zahra's Paradise is a blind buy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darthfrysk; 11-19-2014 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Pic upside down

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    300 copies again?

If somebody's got too much cash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/From-Hell-Al...3D201221376840

He also has a copy of Absolute Promethea Vol. 1 for $750.
    If anyone is interested, I'll sell you mine for $749 with free shipping!
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Yeah, I think so. This first book's a very self-contained adventure from Mills that has a very slow start, so it is easy enough to follow. The second half does introduce a new villain, the son of an old one, but that's about the only thing that requires a little prior knowledge - you can easily pick up everything else as you go along. It's the best possible jumping on point since the start of Clint Langley's years as series artist, I reckon.
    Exactly what Endsville said!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Heh.
    If I am not mistaken (i.e. if this is the seller I have in mind from Singapore) he has a huge collection of very rare books, but yeah, his prices are too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Heh.

Thanks, got mine already for 80 pounds. Case has some tear and shelf wear - let's say good condition, but book itself is intact - very good condition. Expensive, but that was the only option for me, I can see copies for 200 and new ones for even more.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Going back a few pages, any opinions on the Valiant Deluxe Editions? In terms of build and content? I've read a few #1's recently on Comixology and have been thinking of picking up some of the deluxe editions, namely Bloodshot, Shadowman and Archer & Armstrong.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Going back a few pages, any opinions on the Valiant Deluxe Editions? In terms of build and content? I've read a few #1's recently on Comixology and have been thinking of picking up some of the deluxe editions, namely Bloodshot, Shadowman and Archer & Armstrong.
    i read that the build is quite good, also including a lot of extras and stuff. content-wise, i'd stay away from shadowman. even the die-hard valiant fans are pretty disappointed with the new run. bloodshot and a&a are both good-very good comics. you should also consider harbinger, which imno is one of the best superhero series on stands and def. valiant's best.