Page 215 of 865 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 12974
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i read that the build is quite good, also including a lot of extras and stuff. content-wise, i'd stay away from shadowman. even the die-hard valiant fans are pretty disappointed with the new run. bloodshot and a&a are both good-very good comics. you should also consider harbinger, which imno is one of the best superhero series on stands and def. valiant's best.
    Shadowman was my favorite of all the new titles until Matt Kindt started writing for Valiant. Peter Milligan or Patrick Zircher on a book is almost like guaranteed quality. Even Justin Jordan did good work.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Going back a few pages, any opinions on the Valiant Deluxe Editions? In terms of build and content? I've read a few #1's recently on Comixology and have been thinking of picking up some of the deluxe editions, namely Bloodshot, Shadowman and Archer & Armstrong.
    They're pretty damn good mostly. I only have the Harbinger one but I read the first 6 issues of X-O Manowar and the first trade of Archer & Armstrong and Bloodshot and I liked all of them.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. I'll probably dip a tentative toe into the Valiant pond and start with the Bloodshot deluxe. If I enjoy it then I'll move on to the others

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i read that the build is quite good, also including a lot of extras and stuff. content-wise, i'd stay away from shadowman. even the die-hard valiant fans are pretty disappointed with the new run. bloodshot and a&a are both good-very good comics. you should also consider harbinger, which imno is one of the best superhero series on stands and def. valiant's best.
    That's good news regarding the build. From what I understand, these books from Valiant Entertainment are reboots of Valiant Comics characters? So when you say new run, do you mean since then reboot or a new volume in the current run? I have Harbinger #1 to read but haven't got around to it yet. I've seen there is a Harbinger Wars, I assume that's like one of Marvels events with this Harbinger book being quite central?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Shadowman was my favorite of all the new titles until Matt Kindt started writing for Valiant. Peter Milligan or Patrick Zircher on a book is almost like guaranteed quality. Even Justin Jordan did good work.
    I've read #1 and it seemed really cool. I'm not sure when the writer change occurred but I assume the first deluxe would be written by the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    They're pretty damn good mostly. I only have the Harbinger one but I read the first 6 issues of X-O Manowar and the first trade of Archer & Armstrong and Bloodshot and I liked all of them.
    Cheers dude, Harbinger being the one you own, do you think that's the best?

Fantastic Member

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. I'll probably dip a tentative toe into the Valiant pond and start with the Bloodshot deluxe. If I enjoy it then I'll move on to the others
    That's good news regarding the build. From what I understand, these books from Valiant Entertainment are reboots of Valiant Comics characters? So when you say new run, do you mean since then reboot or a new volume in the current run? I have Harbinger #1 to read but haven't got around to it yet. I've seen there is a Harbinger Wars, I assume that's like one of Marvels events with this Harbinger book being quite central?
    Well, I was thinking more about the volume/era. It's the second time the whole Valiant line got rebooted, and im my opinion, this is by far the weakest of the three Shadowmen. After the first 10 Issues or so, Peter Milligan came on board but the two issues I read didn't impress me, either.

Most Valiant fans are either inclined to name X-O Manowar, Harbinger or Archer&Armstrong as their favorite series since the relaunch, with Rai also being pretty popular, but still quite new. Mine is Harbinger, with Bloodshot being second. The Harbinger Wars is a crossover between the two series and is compiled in a hardcover of it's own.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I've read #1 and it seemed really cool. I'm not sure when the writer change occurred but I assume the first deluxe would be written by the same guy?

They're quite different from each other but I guess I like Harbinger the best, quickly followed by Archer & Armstrong altough I like Bloodshot and X-O Manowar a lot too.

Valiant used to be big in the 90s, kinda like the second Image, but dissapeared by the end of the 90s. In 2012 Valiant was revived with X-O Manowar and Harbinger and slowly more and more old characters were resurrected. There are also hardcovers (and 2 omniboo) that collect the old series, those are called the Master editions.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

There was a request of a few pics of the just released by VALIANT Shadowman Deluxe HC.
    First pic is without the Dustjacket, since you can see the DJ on any online site.
    Second pic is the book opened up near/about middle, it doesn't lay flat
    Third pic is the same, just from the side.
    Hope these are helpful.
    SMDlxHC-1.jpg
    SMDlxHC-2.jpg
    SMDlxHC-3.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Going back a few pages, any opinions on the Valiant Deluxe Editions? In terms of build and content? I've read a few #1's recently on Comixology and have been thinking of picking up some of the deluxe editions, namely Bloodshot, Shadowman and Archer & Armstrong.
    I have Shadowman coming and with that I will have all of them except Harbinger, which I sold off some time ago.

The build - They are as good as a glued deluxe can be. The covers are not the cheap cardboard that DC uses and the pages are not the thin paper stock that is popping up everywhere. They have a decent number of issues and all end in a good spot, IIRC.

Content - I list the books in order of their quality. I'll leave out any synopsis of the story since that can be found on amazon or anywhere else.

Archer and Armstrong is really great. The book is a lot of fun with some great, likable characters. It's my favorite of the bunch.

X-0 Manowar is really great but completely opposite to A&A. It's much more serious, violent - but not as gorey as Bloodshot - and with great artwork. The stories are interesting and action packed.

Bloodshot - Bloodshot has an interesting premise with an interesting main character. The Bloodshot comics are very integral to Valiants first event, Harbinger Wars. Both Bloodshot and Harbinger wars provide a solid story with interesting characters with the biggest negative being the messy artwork in Bloodshot.

Harbinger Wars - I'm the Outlier here so take this with a grain of salt. I couldn't finish this book. It was grim, slow and comprised of completely unlikable characters. The only thing really interesting about this book is the antagonist and his history and that is covered thoroughly in the event book Harbinger Wars.

First of all, check out this thread. You'll get plenty of background information on the Valiant Universe since the reboot a few years ago. The fans in the thread are pretty passionate. Ask your question about the build quality there. You'll get plenty of feedback I assume.

There's a new arc of stories coming out soon that's being talked about. The first set of comics that came out I believe went up to around 25 issues. Valiant does a lot of #1's. There's discussion in there about why. Be forewarned that there are a few crossovers, but most fans state you can enjoy the individual runs on there own regardless. I'm not sure if reading just Bloodshot will give you a feel for the universe. I've been told many of the characters are quite different from one another.

Check Comixology for any free #1's they may have and check out this free Valiant Universe Handbook for 2014. It may be helpful.

I personally, haven't delved into Valiant yet so feel free to take my words with a grain of salt.

And the latest one (in terms of amount of money, the most I have spent on a single order )

19_11 Haul.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sebelo2 View Post
    And the latest one (in terms of amount of money, the most I have spent on a single order )

19_11 Haul.jpg
    Man I wish there was a Trillium HC out.. I've been curious about Auroro West for awhile. How is it and the general Battling Boy universe?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I'm not sure if reading just Bloodshot will give you a feel for the universe. I've been told many of the characters are quite different from one another.
    I would say that Bloodshot is probably the worst to read by itself. Bloodshot, Harbinger and Harbinger Wars all intertwine - with Harbinger being the most capable of standing alone - but if you want to start with something that doesn't required other books I would recommend A&A or X-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    There was a request of a few pics of the just released by VALIANT Shadowman Deluxe HC.
    First pic is without the Dustjacket, since you can see the DJ on any online site.
    Second pic is the book opened up near/about middle, it doesn't lay flat
    Third pic is the same, just from the side.
    Hope these are helpful.
    SMDlxHC-1.jpg
    SMDlxHC-2.jpg
    SMDlxHC-3.jpg
    How is Shadowman? I was buying all the Valiant books and liked everything I read, but stopped before this came out...

Quote Originally Posted by sebelo2 View Post

19_11 Haul.jpg
    I envy the amount of free time you must have.

Amazing Member Prince Disarming's Avatar

Has anyone received their Complete Little Nemo yet?

Spectacular Member

Guys, quick question about Cheap-Comics.
    I made a few orders with the them, and the paid delivery has always been well worth it, which is why I'm considering biting the bullet with them on the Colossal Conan. however, I read here and there that on some copies the bidding was horrible and, thus am wondering about their return policy should my copy be affected... As nice and easy as Amazon? I'd guess not, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Man I wish there was a Trillium HC out.. I've been curious about Auroro West for awhile. How is it and the general Battling Boy universe?
    Battling Boy is great if you love the superhero genre and can truly appreciate how many homages did Pope include in his comic. Otherwise, what you'll find is a solid story full of entertainment and spectacularly drawed.

The Rise of Aurora West promises similar things although is in B/W and smaller in size than Battling Boy. But hey, it's drawn by one of the best spanish artists of the last few years, and that has to count, doesn't it?